Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah think I'm covered for shields and weapons! They took much crazy for my liking, onwards to hyrule it is so!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Lynel ... pieces...
    Hooves, horns and guts can all be used for upgrading some of the clothing, particularly the ones that have attack up abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Star Lord wrote: »
    Just to be sure safetyboy:
    Did you get the last memory, the super secret one?

Yeah got that was wondering why the yellow shine never showed for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So did anyone ever analyse the animation in this game to see if Link does the thing he did in the first trailer where he uses his finger to activate the arrow tip?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finally went back to this and finished it while away on holidays. Its a brilliant game, and i really enjoyed the ending. Ganon wasn't too hard, and managed to just about 1-shot him. Got most of the collectibles (sword, horse, shield etc...), but there's still tons left that i'll probably never finish.

Want to start listening to the soundtrack, as some of it is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

A lovely piece of Zelda: BOTW fan artwork that I came across just now.
    C_faI5CXUAIQNVB.jpg

And the credits roll! Ganon was a bit of a chore it must be said, and then I thought the arrow I got for the final battle was armed when it really wasn't :D

Such an Epic though. I think I need to park it as it's eaten almost 100 hours since it's release.

Did anyone fight that lynel you get trapped in a room with? Or like me, feed him an ancient arrow?

But yeah, bravo Nintendo, some swan song for the mighty Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Did anyone fight that lynel you get trapped in a room with? Or like me, feed him an ancient arrow?

You mean the sissy way? No, I manned up and took them on (there are two).

Ancient arrows kill lynel???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

safetyboy wrote: »
    Ancient arrows kill lynel???

Apparently. But with no drops so you won't get a hoof etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Where do the ancient arrows send what ever is shot with them?

You mean the sissy way? No, I manned up and took them on (there are two).

Well excuse me, I'd rather spend that time elsewhere!! Got me some cooking to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Where do the ancient arrows send what ever is shot with them?

Into another players game ideally. Even better if they all go to the same player.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That would explain why Sean Spicer is getting increasingly erratic.
    <voice outside> "Sean, I've done something tremendous, it was so easy, I need you to tell the press that we're at war"
    "Sir, yes sir, in a minute sir... This is it! I'm finally getting a photo of those tiny desert finc.... WTF????"
    beep-beep-beep-beeeeeeeeeeeeeep FATOOOOMCH!
    "MOTHERF***ER!"

I have about 105 shrines, all quests, 126 Korok, i've done Ganon in twice, I've all memories. I've no interest in any other switch games as MK8D is too expensive.. might let the puppy go.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

sligeach wrote: »
    A lovely piece of Zelda: BOTW fan artwork that I came across just now.

I want to play that so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 patrick 3759

keane2097 wrote: »
    Where does one find the rougher type of lynel? Have killed a couple of the weaker versions.

Hyrule castle. The gate houses

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Hyrule castle. The gate houses

And to the North West of the map, on that snowy plain as the road hooks East towards the labyrinth.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 patrick 3759

Banjo wrote: »
    Finally squared off with a lynel. It was over a lot quicker than I'd thought it would be, and I kept bumping into things and mishandling my weapon but once I found my rhythm I was able to frantically beat out a few flurries and then clean up the mess.

Next stop : Death Mountain!

Level 2 stasis makes beating lynels a cinch

The Colosseum is full of all sorts of stuff if you need to roughen up, and big old Silver Lynel is waiting at the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

safetyboy wrote: »
    The Colosseum is full of all sorts of stuff if you need to roughen up, and big old Silver Lynel is waiting at the bottom.

And if you're stealthy and go from the top down, you can dispatch everything bar the Lynel in one hit and harvest up their weapons and armour.

Level 2 stasis makes beating lynels a cinch

L2 Stasis makes beating everything a cinch, but in fairness it would make my "losing my Lynel Virginity" story a little less compelling, I feel. "He just lay there as I flailed away, my weapon flapping weakly against his robust flanks".

Lost 2 horses in 1 day! A Moblin pushed one off a broken bridge when I rode in to save a civilian from him, another got set on fire by a mounted silver bokoblin with flame arrows and eyes like a hawk.

Taraji and Straylite, you will be remembered. Now be at peace, at least until I rustle up some scratch for the Horse Fairy.

The world is definitely a lot more dangerous now than it was at the start. Since when is there a Guardian wandering around just outside the back door to Kakariko village???

Banjo wrote: »

The world is definitely a lot more dangerous now than it was at the start. Since when is there a Guardian wandering around just outside the back door to Kakariko village???

Just met that pup the other night but I was well used to them by now he hadn't a chance. now Lynel is another kitchen floor altogether. just slapped the Colosseum chap around using the spin attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I like the old 'arrow to the face, mount and pummel' method for Lynels, but that requires a little distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lern2parry scrubs

I know it's common for Zelda games but I think it's madness it puts you back before the boss fight after you finish it.

I was looking forward to a nice clean castle!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I'm new to Nintendo and amiibo. Are there any stocks of breath of the wild available? seems not at a first look.

Strikes me a fairly pointless to release a range of products from a huge producer and not have them available...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

sticker wrote: »
    I'm new to Nintendo and amiibo. Are there any stocks of breath of the wild available? seems not at a first look.

Strikes me a fairly pointless to release a range of products from a huge producer and not have them available...

No, I think the shops are largely done with amiibo. They don't seem to getting in the newer ones and are selling off the old ones for cheap. Maybe I'm wrong. Gamestop got just the crappy Bokoblin but again very limited. None of the other stores have or had any of the new Zelda range. People it would seem are still buying them to scalp those who really want them. Like this dirty git.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/zelda-bokoblin-amiibo-breath-of-the-wild-for-switch-wii-u/12873007

Lern2parry scrubs

See, if there was an area that still had red bokoblins in it, so I could go there with my 5 fairies and Mipha's grace and my oodles of hearts, take a torch and a pot lid or two, I'd have a go at learning. But it's nothing but silver motherfuthers sniping me with fire arrows while I wail on Guardians so I don't really have the leaway to learn how to parry anything but guardian fire, which I do with aplomb.

In the middle of having a go at the Island, really hope they add some sort of pseudo-rogue-like mode to the DLC with a semi-random environment and perma-death for you to push through. (aside - If nothing else it would be interesting to see how the rest of the game holds up if you remove the expert crafting of the minutiae of the environment). I've never really used Magnesis offensively before but when it's a choice between dying in your pants or using a metal box as a spectral club, bitch yous gettin a box whuppin. Amazed at how effective it was against the taller residents of the island, a good half a health-bar taken before the box shattered. And there are 2 boxes...

Edit : Amiibo - it's no better online. If you don't pre-order them you can forget it. But keep an eye on the Nintendo UK store, they get them in from time to time and sell at RRP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

http://bordgaisenergytheatre.ie/index.php/artist/the-legend-of-zelda-symphony-of-the-goddesses
    Brought to life as never before, witness as 30 years of video game history unfolds, complete with a stirring cinematic video presentation, synced with the game's sensational, thematic and action-packed soundtracks played live by a full orchestra and choir!

Aiken Promotions & Jason Michael Paul Entertainment, Inc. today announced that The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses, is coming to the Bord Gais Energy Theatre, Dublin this December. Tickets go on sale this Thursday 18 May at 9am from Ticketmaster.

Advertisement