Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

sligeach wrote: »
    No, I think the shops are largely done with amiibo. They don't seem to getting in the newer ones and are selling off the old ones for cheap. Maybe I'm wrong. Gamestop got just the crappy Bokoblin but again very limited. None of the other stores have or had any of the new Zelda range. People it would seem are still buying them to scalp those who really want them. Like this dirty git.

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/zelda-bokoblin-amiibo-breath-of-the-wild-for-switch-wii-u/12873007

Shame that - you'd think Nintendo would simply keeps stock of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gamestop got just the crappy Bokoblin but again very limited.

Not true, I got the Guardian and horseback Link there on launch day. Hadn't pre-ordered them, just asked if they had any while I was at the counter getting my switch!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Star Lord wrote: »
    Not true, I got the Guardian and horseback Link there on launch day. Hadn't pre-ordered them, just asked if they had any while I was at the counter getting my switch!

You must be very lucky so. I've never seen them in there, they only have Bokoblin on their website.

https://www.gamestop.ie/StoreLocator/Index?productId=62210&variantType=New

The only store left with stock is Sligo. Chances are that link will be removed when it sells out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

sticker wrote: »
    I'm new to Nintendo and amiibo. Are there any stocks of breath of the wild available? seems not at a first look.

Strikes me a fairly pointless to release a range of products from a huge producer and not have them available...

You mean stocks of the game or the amiibo(s?)?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    You mean stocks of the game or the amiibo(s?)?

Amiibos themselves....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You must be very lucky so. I've never seen them in there, they only have Bokoblin on their website.

They weren't listed on their website then either, which is why I hadn't pre-ordered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just looking at amazon and the strange thing is that BOTW Zelda is the most expensive to buy now at £89.95. Next most expensive is Guardian at £49.95.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N4NS5OM/ref=twister_B06WLK5CHQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

The BotW Zelda Amiibo can't talk, which after playing the game is probably seen as a premium feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Saw a video on YouTube about how to *ahem* diddle the NFC in Amibo, think I will do that, not going to be forced by Nintendo to buy little plastic figures that will collect dust...

I'm in my late 30s and space is at a premium in my small house... :)

Obviously not going to link it but I'm sure most of you know about it on here and I'm as usual late to the party... :)

Finished all the Divine Beasts, all the shrines, have all the armour sets, only 2 are one level from max and are not really worth the hassle. Electric armour and Soldiers armour. I only got the Soldiers armour today, completely forgot to buy it in the shop I guess. It has no set bonus, doesn't go very high and it means collecting another 5 Lynel guts. So what's the point? I've over 500 Korok seeds, again I should stop collecting them as all you get is a golden turd as a reward. Which brings me onto spoilers I guess for some people, regarding the reward for beating all 120 shrines.
    I got the Breath of the Wild set but then that turned into a major farming session to max it all out. While I've also been scanning Smash Bros. Link the last few days, just used him past midnight to get the Cap of Twilight and complete the set. I think it looks nicer than the BOTW set. They have the same set bonus, while the BOTW has 24 more in defense but that's it. It strikes me a bit as pay to win. Though that too is a pain to max out, 12 pieces of star fragments and 51 pieces of topaz. Star fragments are a right nuisance and the topaz is equivalent of about 10,000 rupees. I have all the pieces now to do it, just not sure it's worth it, like another costume set I bought.

That costume from Kilton,
    Dark Link, 4,000 in Mon, can't be upgraded and its set bonus is "night speed up" which is the same as the Stealth armour. I bought it, what do others think of some of these armour sets? It looks cool, but that's it, it's not really necessary or doesn't add any extra function. A lot of his items are ridiculously expensive. 1,000 for a Lynel mask? You don't really need it.

I think I've completed every side story, well everything in the list and I've been everywhere. Killed every mini boss across the world, though I'm sure I've missed a few. My compendium is fairly full, missing some stuff. Like Blue Lynel I think, there's none in the world left, they're all silver. Since I didn't get the camera untill after 200 hours I missed a lot of things. Mini games, I think I've completed them all too.

I'm really just delaying the inevitable. Although every day I'm still discovering something new. Made a new recipe during a blood moon that gives a massive attack boost for over 9 minutes. Don't really want to fight Ganon because then it's over, I doubt I'd come back to it until the proper DLC lands. There isn't a whole lot left to do anyway besides collect the remaining Korok seeds. They better not be a major drag on my completion rate. Love this game, it has some flaws(what doesn't?) but it's the best game ever I think. And when I say flaws, they're minor, like having a 1 click option for full sets or that weapon conniseur sidequest was so long and I think you make a loss on it, I'm not sure. Some underwater play would have been nice. Some real fishing like in TP. Maybe more minigames. Enough nitpicking. It's amazing. How do you play anything after this?

• Advertisement

Just as a matter of interest, how long have you put into it now, since you say you got the camera after 200 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I've spent about 30 hours now trying to climb one damn tower apparently you need to shoot an arrow into it or something damn it all am thinking of dumping the game as it's driving me bonkers, now I'm off to see Lock Stock and King Arthur, with special guest David Beckham, I am glad my eyes are still balked just wish my ears were too. :)

is the fairy for 10,000 rupies worth the spend? does she have upgrades not Available by other fairies?

is the fairy for 10,000 rupies worth the spend? does she have upgrades not Available by other fairies?

She's definitely worth it. You can upgrade each piece of armour a total of 4 times. Note some armour can't be upgraded. But each fairy regardless of who you go to performs the same function. With each upgrade the defense points increase as they go for each level. Like for level 1, it goes up by 3 but by level 4 the increase can be I think be as much as 10(or maybe even 12 on some sets, I can't remember). But depending on the number of fairies you've found, that limits what max level your armour can reach.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest, how long have you put into it now, since you say you got the camera after 200 hours?

340+ hours.

I've spent about 30 hours now trying to climb one damn tower apparently you need to shoot an arrow into it or something damn it all am thinking of dumping the game as it's driving me bonkers, now I'm off to see Lock Stock and King Arthur, with special guest David Beckham, I am glad my eyes are still balked just wish my ears were too. :)

That the one in the desert? I think I glided onto if from one of the surrounding cliffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sounds like it. Yeah, there's a spiral path up the surrounding cliffs with a diving board at the top, it's not too bad a climb after that; the only other way up is to chug a whole lot of cricket-juice.

She's definitely worth it. You can upgrade each piece of armour a total of 4 times. Note some armour can't be upgraded. But each fairy regardless of who you go to performs the same function. With each upgrade the defense points increase as they go for each level. Like for level 1, it goes up by 3 but by level 4 the increase can be I think be as much as 10(or maybe even 12 on some sets, I can't remember). But depending on the number of fairies you've found, that limits what max level your armour can reach.

I'm confused if all fairies do the same upgrades. why unlock the 10,000 fairy

I'm confused if all fairies do the same upgrades. why unlock the 10,000 fairy

It unlocks the last level of upgrade. Otherwise you can only go up to level 3 with the 3 fairies you have. The 4th and final level of upgrade gives the biggest boost in defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Still Playing away here, 106 shrines cant for the life of me find any more even the shekah slate not a peep, I've done all side quest shrines. arghhh still loving it though, just beat a silver Lynel in a Blood moon FFS back to haunt me.

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    Still Playing away here, 106 shrines cant for the life of me find any more even the shekah slate not a peep, I've done all side quest shrines. arghhh still loving it though, just beat a silver Lynel in a Blood moon FFS back to haunt me.

There's quite a few shrines that won't be detected by the Shiekah Slate as you need to trigger events for them to appear. Plus there's 3 that won't be available until you beat the Divine Beast for the corresponding area.

Lynels are mad. They're all silver in my game now. Beat 6 of them in 10 minutes. 2 flawless victories in a row. Some beaten really quickly, took 1 down in 10 seconds. Other times they batter the living daylights out of me.

Still refuse to go to the castle even though there's not really anything to do, just keep picking off Korok seeds, up to nearly 540 now. I bought a photo from the Tech Lab because I never scanned a Blue Lynel, probably weren't even around by the time I got the camera and they're definitely not now. It's like the game knew what I wanted, it randomly gave me that photo.

Why do you buy photo's? and what do I do with all these dragon bits I've farmed, just flog them to beedle? or is there anything else,

Why do you buy photo's? and what do I do with all these dragon bits I've farmed, just flog them to beedle? or is there anything else,

You'll need to use the dragon parts to upgrade certain armour. It was initially hard to farm these but I've got a great routine that now makes it really easy. And Star Fragments. They're the worst thing to farm but I've that sorted now too. I had to buy a photo because Blue Lynel is now extinct in my game.

Here we go full splatoon hacker mode

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Here we go full splatoon hacker mode

Some people have too much time on their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

It's handy enough to get into that mode.
    All you do is, at the title screen, press:

Up + C, Down + C, Left + C, Right + C, A and Start.

You'll hear a ring noise and then you can add in what you want!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

The_B_Man wrote: »
    It's handy enough to get into that mode.
    All you do is, at the title screen, press:

Up + C, Down + C, Left + C, Right + C, A and Start.

You'll hear a ring noise and then you can add in what you want!!

:confused:

Or not that at all.... https://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/05/breath-of-the-wild-accio-code-homebrew-hack/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

xckjoo wrote: »

Oops, forgot I wasn't in the SEGA forum...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Oops, forgot I wasn't in the SEGA forum...

There are still those who cry at the mention of that long lost place....
    Don't mention it without considering whose wounds you open with such comments

• Advertisement

silver Lynels oh I remember the time you were the bane of my life.. now i just have you for breakfast.

Advertisement