Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Still plugging away. Every armour set is maxed out including the sand and desert boots and the Twilight Princess amiibo set. The only things I've not upgraded are the circlet headpieces. They serve no real purpose. I've collected over 2/3 of those little turds(Korok seeds) for the Golden Turd. And I think I've done all the sidequests. Need to count them against a list online. Then there really is almost nothing left to do except beat Ganon. What are the factors that contribute to your overall completion rate? I'll check online. And what's the most people have collected of the Korok seeds? Does anyone have the Golden Turd award?

Edit: Those Korok seeds count for 72% of the completion rate.
    "Korok Seeds = .08% x 900 = 72%"

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/100_Percent_Completion_Checklist

The list that doesn't count, should count. Korok seeds be damned. I've finished all the sidequests so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

The korok seeds count for 72% of game completion? Thats one game I ain't finishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

You can get €52 CASH from CEX for the Wii U version! So that's a profit on a game that gave me around 100 hours, not bad at all :D

Would you look at what I found lurking in Hyrule Castle. Never thought I'd see the day.
    WVW69kVwz-0qtjPFBj

Went in there to find a Turret Guardian for the Compendium and along the way I found a couple of Korok seeds and a rake of chests. I was saying to myself I never seen the area looking so bright. I could see plenty, checked the time and it was 9.30pm. Strange. And then I came across Blue-Maned Lionel Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Beaten Ganon 4 times now, got the true ending, Just waiting on the DLC for something else to do, them Koroks can fuuu right off..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

80 hour in and the games incidental details still surprise. Just found out this game has rainbows after some showers!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    80 hour in and the games incidental details still surprise. Just found out this game has rainbows after some showers!

And more than one on occasions.

WVW69kQW6MELo6c8vQ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »
    I could see plenty, checked the time and it was 9.30pm.

The Castle is an instance, just like the Divine Beasts - I've never gone in the front door but as soon as you make landfall there's a black-out / load and a Map change. As such I don't know if the time of day counts for anything other than the state of the world when you exit.

It's good to know the Blue Lynel isn't extinct.

Or should that be Wasn't ? :D

Banjo wrote: »
    It's good to know the Blue Lynel isn't extinct.

Or should that be Wasn't ? :D

Oh he's dead alright. Gone in 20 seconds. His hits only took 1/4 of a heart of me each time. Big difference between him and the Silver Lynel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Oh he's dead alright. Gone in 20 seconds. His hits only took 1/4 of a heart of me each time. Big difference between him and the Silver Lynel.

You mean you managed to get hit by one?! Amateur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

And more than one on occasions.

WVW69kQW6MELo6c8vQ

Its a double rainbow *cries*
    You get a completion mark, like 15/16 story mission thing after you beat Canon, he'd be a lovely way to reach 100% though. Have you been using a Korok location guide?

Wandered around the Castle some more this evening, wandered into the Sanctum and said feck it, while I'm here let's see what's different. See, I went in here very early in the game, and the sequence of events now are very different.
    I understand now, so if you don't beat the Divine Beasts, you'll have to beat those incarnations here first.
    Next thing I know I've beaten the game. Really good, will have to do it again though as
    I forgot about the second photo, got distracted by the bow, couldn't drop it and by the horse who did his own thing.
    76.50% was the completion rate. Before that in 1 short session I found even more chests, 3 more Koroks in the castle grounds and a few more Compendium entries. I'm sorry it's over, but all good things have to come to an end eventually. Will I play some more? I will for that photo and to complete the Compendium. And who knows about the Golden Turd. I'm inching ever closer to finishing that. I'll talk about the reward for that and all the Korok seeds in another post. The spoiler tags aren't really anything major. Roll on the DLC, I hope it's something really substantial. Perhaps, post game, maybe that's what the ending is hinting at.

108 shrines, ive seen one behind gerudo town and have no idea how to activate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

safetyboy wrote: »
    108 shrines, ive seen one behind gerudo town and have no idea how to activate it.

Win the sand seal race.

That won't become available until you beat the Divine Beast in that area. There's another couple like that in different regions.

I think I may be done now with the game, unless I go for the 900 Korok seeds. I'll see. Compendium is now complete, all the items bought from Kilton and literally every armour piece has been maxed out including all the earrings and circlets. Best game ever, I don't want to say goodbye to it. I've clocked up just over 375 hours on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I was up the north of the map there last night after coming out of a very dark place, only to be confronted by a white maned lynel. Fought him for ages and only got a tiny bit of his health down. It's been a while since I played so I've actually forgotten how to parry/dodge and do that flurry attack.

Anyway, I ran away after dying about 5 times and was looking north across that big chasm, and wondering if the DLC would unlock a bridge across there to a brand new land. They can't go east or south, on account of the water, but they can go north and probably West too. Rather than having the DLC just add a story on top of the existing map, it might be cleaner to just have a completely new part of the map, which would explain the length of time its taking them to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I've just finished most things in that areas so if you tell us which one it is exactly I can point you in the right direction.

Love that area by the way. Dunno why but I'm reluctant to move on to anywhere new.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Best game ever, I don't want to say goodbye to it.

Buy a switch, start over - it'll be like Regarding Henry, between the different tactile feel of the controller options, the fact that the game doesn't remember you at all but you feel like you know it intimately, the joy of rediscovering eachother...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Banjo wrote: »
    Buy a switch, start over - it'll be like Regarding Henry, between the different tactile feel of the controller options, the fact that the game doesn't remember you at all but you feel like you know it intimately, the joy of rediscovering eachother...

Ok, going to need a mental brillo pad after reading that.

That won't become available until you beat the Divine Beast in that area. There's another couple like that in different regions.

I think I may be done now with the game, unless I go for the 900 Korok seeds. I'll see. Compendium is now complete, all the items bought from Kilton and literally every armour piece has been maxed out including all the earrings and circlets. Best game ever, I don't want to say goodbye to it. I've clocked up just over 375 hours on it.

I've beaten all devine beasts and ganon 4 times.

• Advertisement

I've beaten all devine beasts and ganon 4 times.

Are you not talking about the one where you have to win the seal race?

Edit: That one is to the south, the one behind it, you need to light up the torches.

Are you not talking about the one where you have to win the seal race?

Edit: That one is to the south, the one behind it, you need to light up the torches.

I've done the torches its directly south exactly right behind gerudo town, i've just seen it as a glimpse on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Some of the Korok puzzles are insane. Reading about things on other sites and being like 'Damn, that's why those trees or boulders were like that'. Also the amount of alternative dialogue depending on actions or orders of actions is fantastic.

Reading the thing about Impa and the memory photo is pretty mind blowing as well, an incredible attention to detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

The_B_Man wrote: »
    ... wondering if the DLC would unlock a bridge across there to a brand new land. They can't go east or south, on account of the water, but they can go north and probably West too. Rather than having the DLC just add a story on top of the existing map, it might be cleaner to just have a completely new part of the map, which would explain the length of time its taking them to make it....
    This, all of this.

Yes it was the seal racing quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

60896455?size=512x288

Obviously Clayton is a fan and not ashamed to show it!

Right now I've exactly 777 of the 900 Korok seeds. I'm going to get that Golden Turd. It has to be one of the worst rewards for so much effort. It's troll levels of bad. The same goes for the reward I got for completing the Compendium. I want that 100% completion. It's at 89.49% at the moment.

21 seeds left but I was afraid of this. It's like searching for a needle in a haystack at this stage. It now stands at 98.01% complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

sligeach wrote:
    21 seeds left but I was afraid of this. It's like searching for a needle in a haystack at this stage. It now stands at 98.01% complete.

I'm rooting for you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can you take a photo of a korok and scan for it? Or just have to wait for the DLC and the Korok mask.

Advertisement