Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Won't the Dlc keep track of your path through the game?
    Help track down the pesky last few?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Unless you walked past one...

You know, like when you find 3 trees in a perfectly straight line and you KNOW there's a Korok nearby but you can't find the little prick....

OK, a promise to future-me. I'm doing the 4th divine beast this week. I'm going to ride to death mountain, I'm not going to get distracted, I'm going to take that lizardy bastard out.

Edit : Done! PRobably the easiest of the four, both in terms of the puzzle and the fight, although I probably owe a lot to the Master Sword and my sweet parrying skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can you take a photo of a korok and scan for it? Or just have to wait for the DLC and the Korok mask.

The photo doesn't work, I tried that a while back. I'm on about 200 or so. I'm not actively looking, but stumbling across them. I'll probably wait for the DLC. I'm focusing on the Hinox at the moment. Think I'm on 32/40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

WVW69kXDLQEgnde3JB

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0gYqj_fMA
    WVW69kXDKkILsdo2NU

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0gYqd8NEQ

The journey's finally over.......for now. Everything has been completed. Every single item maxed out, enough materials and minerals in reserve for probably half a million Rupees. Loved the game from start to finish. I hope the final DLC pack is worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

sligeach wrote: »
    The journey's finally over.......for now. Everything has been completed. Every single item maxed out, enough materials and minerals in reserve for probably half a million Rupees. Loved the game from start to finish. I hope the final DLC pack is worth the wait.

What are you going to do with all that extra spare time now? :D

xckjoo wrote: »
    What are you going to do with all that extra spare time now? :D

Start the Switch version? No. /jk I don't know. Everything from now on kind of pales into insignificance by comparison. It may just have ruined future gaming. :eek:

congrats and commiserations in equal measure!

whats the three medals?

safetyboy wrote: »
    whats the three medals?

Beating all 3 sets of certain enemies within the game. I'd seen the medals before but thought they were part of the new DLC. Then I was talking to Kilton last night, thankfully I'd nearly all done. Modulga is the easiest to complete, the other 2 medals require you to beat all 40 of each. That was my first dyed costume as well, said I'd better dress for the photo shoot. My speech wasn't befitting though of such effort and enjoyment.

I'm thinking I'll still find myself on top of Dueling Peaks waiting for pieces of Star Fragment to fall from the heavens. I love this game so much. It's not perfect, then what is? I could list a number of complaints but it's completely engulfed in what it did right. I've never invested so much time in a single player offline game. 10/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And what was your completion time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Where can you check how long you've been playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

On your profile page. Shows up after about 10 days of starting the game, for some reason

so... what's with Links clear feelings of inadequacy in the presence of Giantesses, and what exactly is the price of a 4-Star upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I took a break of a few weeks and decided I'll get back into it Sunday. Well, Sunday went and some of yesterday and jesus, I was exploring places I'd run through on the initial storyline, Dueling Peaks and the like, getting into Hyrule Castle for a look around. Numerous armours upgraded, first Lynel's killed. 12? shrines found. What a game.

I've walked the circumference of Lake Hylia, I've sailed around it, I've slalomed through the columns of the bridge, I've combed the islands, I've swam upstream and explored every tributary from the lake to zora's domain.

Dude, your wife doesn't *want* to be found. She's hooked up with some Lizalfos warlord with a massive scaley wanger. Let her go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

stuck half way up a clif for 12 hours

****ing rain

Banjo wrote: »
    I've walked the circumference of Lake Hylia, I've sailed around it, I've slalomed through the columns of the bridge, I've combed the islands, I've swam upstream and explored every tributary from the lake to zora's domain.

Dude, your wife doesn't *want* to be found. She's hooked up with some Lizalfos warlord with a massive scaley wanger. Let her go.

She was a nightmare to find. If I remember rightly she's somewhere around the red dot, swimming in the water. Swoop down from Lake Tower and you should be able to see her.

DBo60hRXsAAs8v3.jpg:small

She was one of the last subquests I completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Have you tried...
    Looking in the water near the islands in the middle of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Eh, she's very easy to find.
    On an island off Hyrule Bridge.

• Advertisement

That's the first place I looked! Ah jesus. Got jumped by a bunch of Lizalfos and Octorok so maybe I didn't search as thoroughly as I should... son of a gun... I was starting to think the Zora spear in the chest up on the bridge was there to show you that she'd been found by the bad guys first and this was all that was left. Ah well, time to Huck Finn my way back down the river. 3 days I've spent on that trek.

Side note : it's unreal the number of Korok I've found as a result, despite having explored all these areas before. At this point I'm expecting to find one on the end of the Ancient Spear that I've had in my inventory for months but never gotten around to using.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

I paid up for the DLC yesterday, just to get it out of the way.
    I knew there was going to be nothing of substance until later in the summer but those bonus chests are so s**te that they're actively insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Started this yesterday on the Wii U. Jesus, could it be more obvious how the Wii U tablet was going to be integrated before it was tanked?

The Sheikah Slate!

The controls do feel a bit convoluted with the lack of the tablet integration.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I finally finished the game last week - well, not finish finish as there's a good few shrines left to find, and I have no bloody intention of digging up those Korok seeds. But yeah, mostly done enough for now.

I keep coming back to the way the game differs from other ones. In the last few weeks I've played a few hours of Horizon Zero Dawn, a solid enough game in many ways. The in-game breadcrumb trail; the towers that fill your maps with icons; the map explicitly highlighting that 'interesting thing is here'... It's when I was confronted with these open-world genre markers again that I began to appreciate once again how truly liberating Breath of the Wild feels.

I think I've mentioned the game's approach to towers before, but I'll repeat it - how utterly magnificent it is that Nintendo take the most familiar of open-world tropes and completely redefines it. The towers aren't a shortcut to 'interesting content' or something to unlock the next checklist of stuff - they're instead designed to pique your curiosity, perhaps with an interesting sight in the distance or a subtle topographical quirk on your map.

Because I think above all else, few other games have ever felt so adventurous. Even towards the end of the game I was still discovering substantial new areas, or secrets hidden in the game. There's a little bit of Dark Souls in its approach to slowly revealing its world, but obviously BotW's endlessly fetching pastel landscapes conjure a different tone entirely (albeit not without its cruel secrets and overpowered monsters). As bog-standard as the story is, even the decision to scatter the narrative across the vast landscape, with only general hints to guide you, is so perfectly befitting of the game's design philosophy.

Around 50 hours into the game, I was looking for something in one of the game's mountainous areas when I spotted this giant, **** off door. After messing around for a few minutes I found a way to open it, and there was of course something interesting inside. At another point quite a bit earlier in the game, I was casually navigating along one of the coasts when I discovered a giant, floating labyrinth that I could explore. These are moments of genuine discovery that few other games, certainly none on this scale, have ever managed to capture. They are Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and they are bloody magnificent.

Joloo Nah Shrine is impossible

done it, one more shrine left.

It says shrine quests 36/42 but i've 119 shrines??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

safetyboy wrote: »

It says shrine quests 36/42 but i've 119 shrines??

quests are the ones to find the shrine (i.e. mount and ride a deer)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, you've probably found the shrine, but hadn't found the shrine quest, which would just be a matter of talking to the right person, and having them provide you with the quest.

So I went back to look at the places you all recommended. And she wasn't there. I searched every island, I used Dragon updrafts to scout the water, I deforested a few acres to get a leaf to move the boat around.... nothing. So naturally I flipped out and entered into a massive Spin-Attack water duel with a Lizalfos that lasted a good chunk of the night. Then 9am rolls around and who should come strolling out of the water like it ain't no thing but a Cucco wing, only that aquatic slag!

And all I get is 5 Stamina Fish??? If I could have slapped her about the chops with them I would have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I'm trying to activate the mission to find her (I've already found her but talking to her is useless without activating the quest) but when I talk to her husband he just tells me to go away? What am I doing wrong?

• Advertisement

I'm trying to activate the mission to find her (I've already found her but talking to her is useless without activating the quest) but when I talk to her husband he just tells me to go away? What am I doing wrong?

You need to have beaten the Divine Beast in Zora's Domain first, then talk to him.

Advertisement