Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All 120 shrines completed. I made my assault on Hyrule castle last night but there's so much to do in there I had to leave it. Going to finish the game off tonight.

It's quite literally one if the very best games I've ever played. I normally hate open world games but zelda us open world dine right, everyone else was doing it wrong.it's one of those games you get every so often like demons souls when you just know you are playing something special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Just got my 120 shrines too, them Koroks can stay where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Think I'm on 116 or 117 shrines, tempted to use a guide to locate the last ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Star Lord wrote: »
    Think I'm on 116 or 117 shrines, tempted to use a guide to locate the last ones...

I've looked up a few of them. Lifes too short.
    The way I figure it, if I was looking for a certain shop I wouldn't wander aimlessly around a city hoping to bump into it. I'd look up the location online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

xckjoo wrote: »
    I've looked up a few of them. Lifes too short.
    The way I figure it, if I was looking for a certain shop I wouldn't wander aimlessly around a city hoping to bump into it. I'd look up the location online.

I ended up just printing out a map and from it worked out all the ones I hadn't yet found.......loved the game and found about 80 myself but just couldn't dedicate anymore time to finding the rest without help!

• Advertisement

Just harvested about 20 Farosh horns and got a Nintendo error and lost them, I've never seen the switch crash yet. It did an autosave before i collected them but they are gone now as well is my phrenic bows..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I had 4 shrines at the end I looked up a guide for. No regrets.

Anyway I've finished the game. Last boss was good if not Wind Waker last boss good. Final area was amazing though. It's pretty much one of the best games I've ever played and puts to shame all recent open world efforts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm now scaling Death Mountain, and not loving the brown... still, it's the final major area I haven't wandered through, and the only Divine Beast I haven't reached the boss in, so work to be done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah I didn't like death mountain at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That moment when you accidentally start a forest fire!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Wow, so people weren't joking when they said it is one of the best games ever?

I enjoy a lot of games but there are very few which have me dying to switch the console back on again, like this does.

I played for five hours yesterday. FIVE. Usually two would be considered a marathon session for me.

About ten hours in and I have reached Kakariko Village. The way the old Chinese woman was speaking made it sound like I had just finished the tutorial! :D

"Ah, Link. Dafuq took you so long?"

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Wow, so people weren't joking when they said it is one of the best games ever?

I enjoy a lot of games but there are very few which have me dying to switch the console back on again, like this does.

I played for five hours yesterday. FIVE. Usually two would be considered a marathon session for me.

About ten hours in and I have reached Kakariko Village. The way the old Chinese woman was speaking made it sound like I had just finished the tutorial! :D

"Ah, Link. Dafuq took you so long?"

You have just finished the tutorial 😜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

BOTW Dlc being shown off now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otmXUsVWlDA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

ok so i am near 40 hours in, doing shrines mainly and the quest, 2 divine beasts down.

so far its very good and thats it, i am now finding it all a bit samey, mainly the enemies. I am now powerful enough the guardians dont really bother me ( plus i can run away and dodge to my hearts content) the armor changes are again all very samey.

I dont know if i was expecting too much or i am doing it wrong. I also know its wrong to compare to the witcher but i feel its the only yardstick i have and this is very far off it.

Alot of the game is very good and i have thoroughly enjoyed what i have played so far but now its getting a bit monotonous and I really hope it starts to change in terms off enemies mainly, ( though i did fight two rocks) and not become a tick the box game, climb tower get map, beat shrine get stronger kinda of game similar to Ubisoft titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Started a new file there over the weekend (too hot for me, stayed by an opened back door) and right back to loving it. Not going to do any excessive Korok/Shrine hunting this time around, just wandering and behaving counter-intuitively to get a different experience.

Glad I did. If I play it piecemeal over the next few weeks, I can stretch it until another game I like comes out (probably the Rabbids game). Plenty of busy weeks ahead so bit of Hyrule downtime will be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Double-posting because...

9nt2W0J.png

...Lynel Hutz.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252994605293 just picked up these too add a little more to the game, damn them koroks, they seem to be everywhere except where i can see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Finally finished this masterpiece - 90 hours in, my third most played single-player game ever (after the Witcher 3 and Skyrim). What a game, definitely in my top 10 ever in 30+ years of gaming. It's such a time sink - in the best way possible - that I almost certainly won't be playing again, but I really loved it! Finished with 104 shrines done, many armours somewhat enhanced and a load of side quests done, but many still untouched.

Really beautiful game on the Wii U, can only imagine how it looked on the Switch if they improved the graphics at all. Hope they stick with the 'formula' for the next iteration of Link's adventures, I wasn't much of a fan of Wind Waker (my first full LOTZ playthrough) and much prefer the open world experience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Assbook

Picked this up yesterday and I have to say I'm very underwhelmed and dare I saw bored . I hate the weapons break so easily and link seems so helpless .I just finished the first 3 shrines but I need some help making link tougher, I find myself running away from most enemies . I've completed dark souls 1 to 4 , blood borne and the witcher 3 so I'm not giving UP yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

started playing this again this week. Just 'casually ' though!! Added another 6-8 shrines. The game is just perfect. Trudge around after well more than 100 hours and still seeing new stuff.

• Advertisement

Assbook wrote: »
    Picked this up yesterday and I have to say I'm very underwhelmed and dare I saw bored . I hate the weapons break so easily and link seems so helpless .I just finished the first 3 shrines but I need some help making link tougher, I find myself running away from most enemies . I've completed dark souls 1 to 4 , blood borne and the witcher 3 so I'm not giving UP yet

You're still in the tutorial area...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Have to say the differing NPC dialogue in this game is insane, changing depending on whether a quest was completed, who you had talked to first, the actions you do around them i.e each shopkeeper in Tarrey Town have unique dialogue when you stand on their tables, swinging different weapons at Zora have different effects. The photo on Impa's wall action that happens is an insane level of detail, I'm purposely vague there to not spoil that one.

I doubt anyone will ever uncover all NPC dialogue and actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Assbook wrote: »

Early weapons are a pain and until you learn to fight REALLY well combat is more about stealth and using the environment to even the odds. But that's deliberately to force you to explore and think about how you'll approach a fight. That first one-shotting blue bokobastard is a prick, but you'll miss him when you're flurrying silver Lynels for ten minutes at a time later.

Decided today was the day that Ganon was going down. That was yesterday. Stormed the castle, cleared a gatehouse (no weapon drops?), Climbed to the top and finally faced.... A korok? Always thought the final battle would be a stand up fight, not another bug hunt... Then I found the last memory on my list... Should I go talk to impa and come back later? Hey, wasn't there a guy who wanted to see a cookbook from the castle? Oh, what about that tower-based shrine quest near the Rito village?

....next month, Ganon. Next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm 45 hours In, two divine beasts done and another just waiting for me to go back, doing a lot exploring and not bored in the slightest. The 'What's that over there' is happening a lot.

Really enjoying it. Long time Zelda fan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Not sure how many of you are on reddit but someone over there made a pretty nice PDF compiling the artwork, pictures of all the items from the game and concept art.

The Art of The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Bit large for a pdf (448MB!) but well worth a look.
    safetyboy wrote: »
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252994605293 just picked up these too add a little more to the game, damn them koroks, they seem to be everywhere except where i can see them.

Cheers for this. Didn't know you could buy them together.
    Has it arrived yet?
    Just wondering what the wallet that comes with it is like. Generic or does it actually have the Zelda logo cut in?

FYI, they're just fancy printed NFC cards. You could buy blanks and make them yourself...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I have not done that and I cannot say it was very simple ...

Ah, unfortunately i'm one of those difficult people who won't use a smart phone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Star Lord wrote: »
    FYI, they're just fancy printed NFC cards. You could buy blanks and make them yourself...

But these are waterproof. :p Damn, why did I have to see that? I remember someone here mentioned a while ago that you could make your own but couldn't elaborate as it was against the rules. So I took to Youtube and found videos, you can do it easily enough with blanks and a smart phone. The guy in the video said he got a roll of them for $0.30 a pop. I've not found them that cheap, more like twice that price if not a Euro.

That link above looks seriously tempting. I've finished everything in the game but would like those remaining costumes and the Twilight Bow. Think I'm going to have to buy that. Plus I'll be able to use them hopefully in future games.

Edit: I find it a bit strange that they've sold 146 of them, yet there isn't a single feedback about them from a buyer. Might hold off yet.

Edit 2: The listing went up on 16th June so it would be too early for feedback.

• Advertisement

...found these images on another site.
    22T6iTF.jpg
    xKb5REB.jpg
    Not half bad. :)
    Noticed the cards say 'For Switch' though.
    Will they also work on Wii U?
    sligeach wrote: »
    Edit: I find it a bit strange that they've sold 146 of them, yet there isn't a single feedback about them from a buyer. Might hold off yet.
    Worth noting they are shipped from Hong Kong and the most recent 100 sales only date back to 19th June.

Advertisement