Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

...found these images on another site.
    Not half bad. :)
    Noticed the cards say 'For Switch' though.
    Will they also work on Wii U?

Worth noting they are shipped from Hong Kong and the most recent 100 sales only date back to 19th June.

They'll work on Wii U too. I edited my post since. They were first listed on 16th June so it's too early for feedback. It looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

So three and a bit months after release I finally completed it tonight. All 120 shrines done and all memories, about 280 koroks which is enough for now. 196 hours!
    Only thinking after I beat Ganon that I was supposed to go back to impa after getting all the memories. Think this means I missed out on a bit of the ending?
    Happy enough to do the final fight again though, enjoyed it.
    Fantastic game, found it a bit of a slog in parts but I was intent on covering as much as I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

20 hours into this game. 1 Divine Beast defeated but not too rushed about completing the main story as I'm enjoying being distracted by all the little side stories and random characters I meet along the way.
    Never played a Zelda game before as this is my first Nintendo console. But this is a serious contender for best game I've ever played.
    Gorgeous, a masterpiece!

I ordered The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 18 PCS NFC Tag Cards amiibo card so I'll find out in a month or so whether or not I've been conned.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/252994605293

Countdown to DLC Pack 1: The Master Trials

Hello. I'm Fujibayashi, Director of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

From now until June 30, we plan to update this site daily with information related to DLC Pack 1, which can only be purchased as part of the Expansion Pass. The Master Trials pack includes new armor you can acquire by finding the right chests.

In this first post, I'll be discussing the Korok Mask.
    day5_01_korokarmor.jpg

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/dlc-pack-one-countdown-korok-mask/

Loads more detail at the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

gouche wrote: »
    So three and a bit months after release I finally completed it tonight. All 120 shrines done and all memories, about 280 koroks which is enough for now. 196 hours!
    Only thinking after I beat Ganon that I was supposed to go back to impa after getting all the memories. Think this means I missed out on a bit of the ending?
    Happy enough to do the final fight again though, enjoyed it.
    Fantastic game, found it a bit of a slog in parts but I was intent on covering as much as I could.
    I had exactly this experience on Saturday night. I think you missed a memory. I've since found it. Roll on Monday night:)

Hello. I'm Iwamoto, Assistant Director of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

With DLC Pack 1, The Master Trials, you can acquire the armor of a Phantom (this DLC is only available through the purchase of the Expansion Pass).
    day4_01_phantomarmor.jpg

http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/dlc-pack-one-countdown-phantom-armor/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I for one am very disappointed that Sligeach edited in the Quote tags before I could be astonished by his confession. Imagine the fuss when Kimishima finds out the assistant director of BotW has been ordering knock-off Amiibos from china!

I hope you can start a new game with the Korok mask, with the sheer density of Koroks on a virgin map Link will look like he's having a fit pretty much all the time.

Banjo wrote: »
    I for one am very disappointed that Sligeach edited in the Quote tags before I could be astonished by his confession. Imagine the fuss when Kimishima finds out the assistant director of BotW has been ordering knock-off Amiibos from china!

I hope you can start a new game with the Korok mask, with the sheer density of Koroks on a virgin map Link will look like he's having a fit pretty much all the time.

Breath of the Wild and the ethics of amiibo hacking
    The murky dilemma at the heart of Nintendo’s secret Zelda treasure

https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/12/15223338/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-nintendo-amiibo-hacking-ethics

I was thinking about that last night and was reading the above article. I'd rather give Nintendo the money, however, they've nobody to blame but themselves for people resorting to other methods and measures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I should not have said anything about NFC hacking but hey ho, Nintendo have had enough of my cash over the years and if they think I'm buying little plastic figures if there are other ways to obtain the stuff then feck them...

I actually never even ended up buying the tags to do it actually, I just happened to come across a YT tutorial...

Anyway back on topic, I'm kind of giggling to myself of people saying they are done with BoTW at 90 hours in.... :)

I'm now 140ish hours in on my first play through (I did have a month off while Nintendo fixed my Switch) and have 3 beasts done and I am basically wandering around trying to get a good few more shrines before the last beast and then the inevitable Ganon...

I have about 74 shrines done, I probably won't get them all but I'll do what I can within reason, not bothered with korok seeds as much as I don't need hestus golden poo... :)

Even today I was playing and came across a place I had honestly never seen before, and when you double back on a place sometimes you find stuff you didn't suss out first time around...

I love BoTW but I have a bad feeling all open world games now will pale in comparison, I want to start HZD on PS4 after and I just know it's not going to be as good but I have been putting it off since before Zelda came out...

I got a message last night saying I can expect those amiibo cards by 15th August. No not July, August! A possible 50 day wait. Good God, hopefully that's a worst case scenario.

Probably more demand for them than they anticipated.

sligeach wrote: »
    I ordered The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 18 PCS NFC Tag Cards amiibo card so I'll find out in a month or so whether or not I've been conned.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/252994605293

That link has gone bye-bye. Always a great sign. :(:confused:

DDRvVU_XcAA6ECL.jpg:small

I don't know if Nintendo ninja's got to them or what. They still have one other Mario Kart 8 amiibo card link up. I got a message earlier saying it had been dispatched and when I checked earlier they'd sold over 190 and had the message that they were nearly all gone. Who knows what's going to happen? It could be a scam. As I said before I'm on the crappiest luck streak at the moment when it comes to buying goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Wahoo in the states, got all the breath of the wild amiibos, well chuffed with that!

Got the last 3 shrines. Turned out I had found them, but hadn't done them...

120 shrines done, and got "The Heroes New Clothes"

I'm at 110 but I have maybe 5 shrine quests to clear. After that I may have to concede and look at a guide. Or wait for the dlc movement tracker... Either way, filthy cheating here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

2 days to the DLC! Woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Just bought the DLC last night and it said there is something waiting in the great plateau for me. Forgot to check.

Yeah -there are
    3 chests. 2 of them are just semi-precious rocks, but the 3rd has... THE SWITCH T-SHIRT! Which you'll wear once and never again.
    Don't get too excited! But only 2 days to go till it gets exciting again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Yeah -there are
    3 chests. 2 of them are just semi-precious rocks, but the 3rd has... THE SWITCH T-SHIRT! Which you'll wear once and never again.
    Don't get too excited! But only 2 days to go till it gets exciting again!

Each of the three is near a shrine on the Great Plateau. I figured they'd be lumped in one area like the Tunic/Trousers/Hat of the Wild is.

I'm more excited about those Zelda amiibo cards than this batch of DLC. The Christmas update is what really matters. I hope to God it's not a token effort. I paid €45 for this game(€40 when you factor in an Amazon voucher for the delay, and even less again when you factor in a £10 Amazon special offer voucher). I put ~490 hours into the game. Will this DLC for €20 give me 245 hours of extra playtime? I very much doubt it. I think I'll probably be lucky if it gives me 24.5 hours. I hope I'm wrong and we'll see in due course.

You know, if the DLC is crushingly disappointing you'll easily get a couple of hundred hours worth of Boards time out of it, so it's a win:win for you either way :D

That reminds me, I keep forgetting to scan my Link amiibo, and I've one piece of his armour left to get...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

sligeach wrote: »
    I'm more excited about those Zelda amiibo cards than this batch of DLC. The Christmas update is what really matters. I hope to God it's not a token effort. I paid €45 for this game(€40 when you factor in an Amazon voucher for the delay, and even less again when you factor in a £10 Amazon special offer voucher). I put ~490 hours into the game. Will this DLC for €20 give me 245 hours of extra playtime? I very much doubt it. I think I'll probably be lucky if it gives me 24.5 hours. I hope I'm wrong and we'll see in due course.

The average player is getting in and around 100 hours from the game so if that 24.5 hours rings true, I'd say bargain. Plus, both DLC's are for that one 20euro so even if I only play through each DLC once, I'm very happy.

I'm playing through the game again and enjoying it almost as much as the first time so I'm doubling my value. I'd say I'll do the same with both DLC's. Especially this Hero Trial that I am guaranteed to fuck up a few times :)

Have to say, I hate the Switch t-shirt, it's really crap. Prefer to take one of the existing armour sets and give it a new colour (turned my Zora armour pink to match Sidon <3 ).

You know, if the DLC is crushingly disappointing you'll easily get a couple of hundred hours worth of Boards time out of it, so it's a win:win for you either way :D

That reminds me, I keep forgetting to scan my Link amiibo, and I've one piece of his armour left to get...

You do reload the file until you get the remaining armour piece, right?

No.

where's the fun in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sligeach doesn't do fun. He's does brutal make like efficiency.

No.

where's the fun in that?

Life's too short. At the start I didn't mind but then it was taking ages to get the full costume set so I reset. I only have the one compatible Zelda amiibo. I scanned and reset 15 times to get the Twilight Trousers. And remember you can only use each amiibo once a day. To hell with that. And then when you get it that's when the real fun starts. STAR FRAGMENTS. And lots of them to fully upgrade the set. I can't remember now, it might be 12 or 20 you need. They're a nightmare to collect as well. And I hear some drops are really rare on certain amiibo. I heard the 6 Sages Sword with the Ganondorf is hard to get. And what happens if you break it? Is it a one time only weapon? I must Google but will do so when/if those amiibo cards show up. Imagine how long it would take to get everything naturally. It's still going to take 4 days minimum even using the shortcut. 3 for the costume and a day for some weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Wearing all pieces of the Tingle outfit in the DLC gives you a speed boost at night.

Creepiest thing ever :P

• Advertisement

I mentioned that elsewhere today. They really should have new special effects. There's a lot of costumes in the game that do the same thing. That's 3 costumes that have "night speed up". Dark Link, Shiekah and now Tingle. Could they not even think of "day speed up"? But something more practical like "non-slipping while climbing in rain" is much more useful.

And Tingle is a disturbing, manky b@st@rd, full stop. He's like the Gimp in Pulp Fiction. No thanks, I won't be wearing that costume.

Advertisement