Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

sligeach wrote: »
    Life's too short.
    No it's not! It's longest thing you'll ever bloody do!
    . And I hear some drops are really rare on certain amiibo. I heard the 6 Sages Sword with the Ganondorf is hard to get. And what happens if you break it? Is it a one time only weapon?

I've gotten it twice, broke it once. It lasts a while though and is comically big. I'm presuming it took 6 sages to wield it, and it's original purpose was to sate Saria's carnal thirsts. The pointy eared slaaaaag.

Rain climbing should have been a no brainer. The phantom should have had a nod to his indestructable-fronted inspiration and made him impervious to arrows from the front so you could use him to harvest ammo. The code exists for wooden shields... Similarly Midnas hat could have had a short range magnesis -like effect that worked on non-metals to emulate her head-hand thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/6k3vxu/ive_just_organized_a_full_checklist_of_shrines/

Nice checklist of shrines and quests from reddit.

That switch t-shirt DLC lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

DLC is out to download. One tip - Make sure you have full health before you start the Trial. You start with what you go in with!

Was desperately trying to get the full list of shrines done before this dropped. Only got to 111 and god damn it, I've combed what feels like every inch of the castle inside and out and I just cannot find the
    hylian shield
    - not sure thats a spoiler at this stage but still... Have to say though, it's been a blast exploring, so many bloody Koroks, and there are so many ways in and out. Is any of your progress in the castle permanent - eg. opening up any of the routes that are blocked by evil goop or locked from the inside?

I believe the only thing that changes permanently about the castle is when you use bombs to reveal chests, and when you get the shrine there. Other than that, it all resets. I know the goop definitely does.

• Advertisement

That's a shame. Especially the goop on the roof of the 2nd gatehouse... one slip and you lose your targeting and then the son of a bitch won't let you stand up long enough to re-target. Found the shrine. Was delighted with myself but I did it arseways, working my way down from the top. I know we've all said it hundreds of times, but I'm over 150 hours in and the game STILL has places to explore and surprises for me. How can anything follow this?

My Hero Path from the DLC showed me that I didn't really not explore anywhere too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I'm only 25 hours into the game. Would people recommend getting the DLC now or should I wait till I have the main story completed?

I'm only 25 hours into the game. Would people recommend getting the DLC now or should I wait till I have the main story completed?

It won't really have any impact on the story, and you can't activate the main part of the DLC until you reach a certain point in the story. The next DLC may have story impact but this one doesn't really.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Find the path of the hero kinda fascinating! Interesting seeing the areas I've combed quite thoroughly, and those I've only briefly wandered around!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How do you activate it?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How do you activate it?

Press X on the map screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

So what are the impressions of dlc pack 1 so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

manual_man wrote: »
    So what are the impressions of dlc pack 1 so far

That i wont be unlocking the prize at the end of the trials anytime soon... how many floors are there? Ive got as far as 12 i think but findin it hard not to get hit.

I think I've gotten to about 12 too. It's tough, but it could be because I'm out of practice with dodging etc after getting used to having armour and Daruks Protection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Despite buying it already, I had to manually look for an update to the game before the DLC unlocked.
    Still, it's there, exposing my travels for all to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Despite buying it already, I had to manually look for an update to the game before the DLC unlocked.
    Still, it's there, exposing my travels for all to see.

If you dock with WiFi enabled it should kick off unless you're playing, then once it downloads you'll be prompted to install next time you resume. Although I docked with the console powered up, the sleep-ed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

INFINITE Camera Poses! Move Freely GLITCH! Hyrule Cable TV Network in Zelda Breath of the Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrFYWXgPLAU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

How do I get the DLC? There's no option to buy on the eshop.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. I'm such a dope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

chrislad wrote: »
    My Hero Path from the DLC showed me that I didn't really not explore anywhere too much.

You wot?

Birneybau wrote: »
    You wot?

Lor' luv a duck! I explawerd everywhere except a few small 'ills. Know what I mean?

Without giving away the exact location, are there any further in-game clues as to how to go about finding the Korok mask?
    Or is it just go to the obvious place hinted at in the book and wander aimlessly til you found it?

Without giving away the exact location, are there any further in-game clues as to how to go about finding the Korok mask?
    Or is it just go to the obvious place hinted at in the book and wander aimlessly til you found it?

There’s only one safe path through that area so if you move around it slowly checking everywhere, you’ll find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

use the shiekah sensor + and set it too treasure chests, you will find it eventually, there are a few normal chests around aswell tho

Nice one, got it.
    Dunno why it never dawned on me to use sensor+ seeing as I use it for pretty much everything else.
    Appreciate the help!
    I'd spent far too long convinced by Hero's Path that there just had to be more routes out from the centre:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,363 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Bought the DLC very late last night. Was hemming and hawing about buying it. Didn't want to send a message to Nintendo that I think this DLC Pack is great or that if they get big sales now they can just throw out whatever in the next pack(not that they'd do that). Most of the items are too late and don't add a whole lot, especially as I've completely finished the game. The Tingle costume besides being disgusting and creepy is no different than the Dark Link costume in terms of its special effect.

But then I wanted to show that there's still Wii U owners waiting for the main DLC at Christmas. And MK8 DLC was bought well in advance, with nobody knowing what we were getting and that turned out great.

Anyway, I started the Sword Trial at midnight. Big mistake. It took way too long, didn't know before starting that the save points are at level 15 and 30. Got to 13 but it was taking ages and I was tired so I switched it off and I'll have to start again. :mad:

Bought the DLC very late last night. Was hemming and hawing about buying it. Didn't want to send a message to Nintendo that I think this DLC Pack is great or that if they get big sales now they can just throw out whatever in the next pack(not that they'd do that). Most of the items are too late and don't add a whole lot, especially as I've completely finished the game. The Tingle costume besides being disgusting and creepy is no different than the Dark Link costume in terms of its special effect.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

What?

Sligeach's credit card is monitored directly by Nintendo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Was hemming and hawing about buying it. Didn't want to send a message to Nintendo that I think this DLC Pack is great or that if they get big sales now they can just throw out whatever in the next pack(not that they'd do that).

just-stop.jpg

Advertisement