Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Rhyme wrote: »
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What?

Sligeach's credit card is monitored directly by Nintendo.
    The most beautifully bitter Nintendo fan I've ever met(read???) ..... And that's saying something ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Translation :
    This half of the DLC package does not represent value for money for Sligeach. A bunch of costumes that add very little in gameplay terms that isn't already present, a game mode that was there by default in many previous versions of Zelda. Sure, there's the map tracking thing, but clearly that was baked into the code from Day 1 or it wouldn't be able to show you your path from the start, so why isn't that unlocked for everyone?

If he buys this DLC package now, with no tangible evidence that the 2nd half in winter will make up the shortfall in value, he can only reasonably assume that others will do the same.
    If enough people buy into the DLC package at this point, "enough" being a percentage of the BotW sales that's close enough to their prediction of total sales, it could be seen to be sending a message to Nintendo that they have our money and the pressure is off on delivering a quality, value-for-money experience in the 2nd half of the pack.

Granted, it comes across as lunacy because so many people bought this within a few seconds of it being announced, and because he has form for being curmudgeonly, but it's a sound principle.

Aside :
    I don't know about you but I'm watching a playback of my route through the game on the map, it's a wonderful nostalgia rush watching my bumbling path around the Plateau, peppered with X's, and then watching how over time those X's appear less and less frequently as I butch up. That to me is worth a big chunk of the cost of admission but I can see the other side of it, the functionality has always been there, they're just switching on the visualiser and that does feel a little unfair on non-DLCers.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Banjo wrote: »
    Translation :
    This half of the DLC package does not represent value for money for Sligeach. A bunch of costumes that add very little in gameplay terms that isn't already present, a game mode that was there by default in many previous versions of Zelda. Sure, there's the map tracking thing, but clearly that was baked into the code from Day 1 or it wouldn't be able to show you your path from the start, so why isn't that unlocked for everyone?

If he buys this DLC package now, with no tangible evidence that the 2nd half in winter will make up the shortfall in value, he can only reasonably assume that others will do the same.
    If enough people buy into the DLC package at this point, "enough" being a percentage of the BotW sales that's close enough to their prediction of total sales, it could be seen to be sending a message to Nintendo that they have our money and the pressure is off on delivering a quality, value-for-money experience in the 2nd half of the pack.

Granted, it comes across as lunacy because so many people bought this within a few seconds of it being announced, and because he has form for being curmudgeonly, but it's a sound principle.

Aside :
    I don't know about you but I'm watching a playback of my route through the game on the map, it's a wonderful nostalgia rush watching my bumbling path around the Plateau, peppered with X's, and then watching how over time those X's appear less and less frequently as I butch up. That to me is worth a big chunk of the cost of admission but I can see the other side of it, the functionality has always been there, they're just switching on the visualiser and that does feel a little unfair on non-DLCers.
    Jesus h..... Now, that's impressive deciphering capabilities, I salute you sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Rhyme wrote: »
    Sligeach's credit card is monitored directly by Nintendo.

That's quite possible. There's something suspicious about my card. And my credit card details are saved on the eShop.

DDzp66AXYAAxE64.jpg:small

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You wouldn't turn the card over there, or tell me the last three numbers on the back.
    I am a Prince from a foreign country and need the details to send you MILLION$!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Jesus h..... Now, that's impressive deciphering capabilities, I salute you sir!

Don't encourage him!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You wouldn't turn the card over there, or tell me the last three numbers on the back.
    I am a Prince from a foreign country and need the details to send you MILLION$!!!

Expires end: 00/00

So it's already out of date. Sligeach ain't stupid enough to post a valid one!

Unless it's valid till end 00/2100... So got till Nulluary 2100 to buy all the things on stolen card details...

No, that card is still good - It expires the same day all other money does. 00/00, the day after Trump calls Kim Jong Un to see if he wants to come over for a pizza and accidentally triggers the global thermonuclear incident that resets all our calendars to Year Zero.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Expires end: 00/00

So it's already out of date. Sligeach ain't stupid enough to post a valid one!

Unless it's valid till end 00/2100... So got till Nulluary 2100 to buy all the things on stolen card details...

Nulluary, that's the big time for Saga Magadrive and Ninetendo Slitch sales!
    It's the most bunderful tome of the yar!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Nulluary, that's the big time for Saga Magadrive and Nintendo Sligeach sales!
    It's the most bunderful tome of the yar!

Read it this way the first time :D

• Advertisement

So I've said the 3 chests with the Switch T-shirt was lame as have many others. Well this pack is bad as well. I've said most of it was too late(4 months), it should have been free and should have been there at launch.

Korok Mask: I'll never see that little wind vane spin.

Tingle Costume: They copied all the effects of the Dark Link costume. Defense base 3 per piece, no upgrades, night speed up and NPC's cringe at its sight.

All the other costumes offer no new effects, and worse still after finding them all last night and going to the Great Fairy, I found out none of them can be upgraded. Seriously, WTF? What's the point?

Travel Medallion: No effort whatsoever, could have been there at launch.

Hero's Path: Now, this really bothers me. I thought it was a new feature, that it would track my movement from now on. But I went on the map and pressed the button by mistake and up pops a green blur. So the game was tracking my movement from the start but they've only unlocked it now. Real low!
    WVW69kcXj4Urv26gUB

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAADV44F1ct57g

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAADV44FnZbPDg

I actually have more colourful language to describe how I feel about this.

Trial of the Sword: This I like as it's a REAL challenge. But look at what it is. It's existing assets thrown together inside a Shrine like environment. Its reward is to make something already in the game now permanent and against all enemies as opposed to just Guardians and inside Hyrule Castle. A line of code is all it takes to implement.

Hero's Mode: 500 hours of completed playtime and I've finished the game. It's too late. I just can't do it, not now at least.

Roll on Pack 2. Please don't let me down.

^^^^
    See? Told ya!

Impressive map, BTW but would you mind spoilering it out? It shows shrine locations, I'm still a few short and I want to find them on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That image is like a portal into your brain workings Sligeach. :)

^^^^
    See? Told ya!

Impressive map, BTW but would you mind spoilering it out? It shows shrine locations, I'm still a few short and I want to find them on my own.

I'm sure Nintendo were holding their breath waiting to see what he thought of it.
    And, all those features are well covered in online videos and commentary, so if it was something that wasn't good enough for him why did he buy the thing?
    No improperly sold DLC here, no one twisted anyone's arm to spend money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

^^^^
    See? Told ya!

Ah how the mighty have fallen! I once mentioned that there were 120 of those things and he jumped on me for it being a spoiler :D

:pac:

I wasn't complaining, merely pointing out how right I was, and saying "in your face, bitches!" with chevrons.

However, I don't remember any videos or previews or DLC descriptions mentioning that the armour was purely there for aesthetics and was entirely unsuitable for combat or general wear on account of being released long after even the most reluctant have made it as far as Impa and therefore been able to upgrade their armour at least once / or are starting hard mode. So actually, there's an arguement for misselling if it affects all pieces rather than just Tingles (which, with the same effect as the Dark Link set may have inherited all it's features). Unupgradeable armour pieces is a pointless, senseless groinpunch, though hopefully time and patching will see it fixed.

Just wandering around anywhere my green line hasn't been before, it's great. Already found a new Tallus and Hynox as well as a pretty exciting rickety bridge with lots of bomb-arrow-armed Moblins. 3 or 4 of the bastards on a narrow bridge protected by spiked barricades, couldn't get an updraft to storm them from above, had to zig-zag into their midst and try to get them to shoot eachother while swinging my Royal Claymore. The best bit was after they were all dead, the little red Bokoblin on the tower in the middle of the bridge was still frantically blowing his horn for support while I took my time climbing the ladder to dispatch him. Poor little bugger.

chrislad wrote: »
    Ah how the mighty have fallen! I once mentioned that there were 120 of those things and he jumped on me for it being a spoiler :D

It's 4 months after release, not days or weeks. Most people should be finished. I 100% everything and completely took my time in doing so.

I asked nicely

Also, no matter how hard I try I don't think I can be "most people".

And you don't get to define how long it takes me to 100% it.

And I am not my Zelda completion rate! I'm a human being! Pretty much!

Go on. Tag that map!

sligeach wrote: »
    It's 4 months after release, not days or weeks. Most people should be finished. I 100% everything and completely took my time in doing so.

Not really, there's been stock shortages, I know my son only got one last week after a couple of weeks of looking. You've ruined it for him now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Not everyone 100%'s a game as it's not important to them.

I'd rather dip my toes in acid than collect all 900 Korok shit-heaps.

• Rhyme wrote: »
    Not everyone 100%'s a game as it's not important to them.

I'd rather dip my toes in acid than collect all 900 Korok shit-heaps.

Filler is Filler. Can't stand it myself.

I'm enjoying Zelda by focusing on just completing the game and I leveled up to get the best sword.
    How long does the section last in the castle?
    I'm saving it for my holidays in September :)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Filler is Filler. Can't stand it myself.

I'm enjoying Zelda by focusing on just completing the game and I leveled up to get the best sword.
    How long does the section last in the castle?
    I'm saving it for my holidays in September :)

The Castle probably takes about 2 hours if you do everything and explore all the nooks and crannies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

chrislad wrote: »
    The Castle probably takes about 2 hours if you do everything and explore all the nooks and crannies.

But if you head through it with the intention of getting through* it... maybe 30-40 minutes.

*climbing, gliding, sneaking, hiding, running.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you go straight to the main event, skipping past most of it, 5 minutes...

Ah no, I'd say even if you've done everything else "properly", and then if you take the really quick way up - which would require you to skirt the edges to identify it or be very lucky with your point of entry - you're still looking at about 3 minutes to get to the main event, a few more of cutscene and then 5 minutes of fighting total. 6 if you're a bit slow to react like me and Zelda stops giving you vague hints and tells you EXACTLY what to do to finish him off, and sounding a bit pissed off in the process. Honey, you've waited 100 years, you can give me another 30 seconds at least before you start taking that tone with me!

In fairness though, half - if not more - of the fun of the castle is wandering around and discovering all the nooks and crannies and killzones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Really enjoying this . I have 3 out of 4 divine beasts done . Just the desert one remaining. Is there anything significant I should do in the land area before I head to hydrule castle to face Gannon or is it just more shrines ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

sligeach wrote: »

Eh no. I've a life and work so don't have the time to spend every waking minute playing it.

petes wrote: »
    Eh no. I've a life and work so don't have the time to spend every waking minute playing it.

Welcome to my world!

• Advertisement

petes wrote: »

You don't need to play every waking minute. Even if you played 500 hours, you'd still have have ~160,000 minutes left over. :D

Advertisement