Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Master mode is pretty tough, also strange not having the paraglider :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

safetyboy wrote: »
    Master mode is pretty tough, also strange not having the paraglider :)

Is that just because you're starting over, or do you not get it for the whole game? Are you expected to climb down from the towers now like some kind of chump? (I remember falling off the first one 3 times before I got down "safely" with 1/4 heart left.) Is Revali's Gale now some kind of suicide catapult?

You get it alright its just habit jumping off things and expecting to have it, then get floored
    Lynel
    on the great platau ouch.

Still in "normal" mode, digging around for pieces of the Phantom armour and left-over shrines - 8 to go! I knew that you could get Guardians to duke it out with other giant monsters with the right positioning and a bit of kiting but I was very pleasantly surprised, while running away with 4 laser sights on me from 2 mobile and 2 stationary guardians, to find that if a guardian gets hit by another guardian they take damage and can lose a leg or two. They won't aggro eachother but as long as you dodge behind another target immediately before their eye goes blue (so they can still adjust their targeting but don't have time to realise they can't see you) they'll take the shot... It was a frantic couple of minutes and I screwed up enough times for Mipha to come to the rescue but with quick feet, an eye for the odd updraft and some conveniently dark coloured trousers, I really only needed to administer the Coup de Grace once the mobiles had been flipped. Cogs! Cogs for everyone!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm finally facing Calamity Ganon, what an @sshole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm finally facing Calamity Ganon, what an @sshole!

Ancient arrow, ancient arrow, ancient arrow, ancient arrow... boom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Rhyme wrote: »
    Ancient arrow, ancient arrow, ancient arrow, ancient arrow... boom.

More like Ancient arrow, ancient arrow, bugger... run!
    Ancient... no wait, now I've thrown me sword at it...
    and...

dead...

Buggerit

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Saw this image on Twitter, and thought it was brilliant! :D

Not posting it inline for anyone that's not yet met all the important NPCs...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DD73ujoUQAA__Hi.jpg

and...

dead...

Buggerit

I found utilising Link's newfound ability to jump on the spot to be handy for dodging lasers and such. Use your best bow, glide like a mudderfucker and you're set.

and...

dead...

Buggerit

Ancient Arrow? I'm pretty sure -
    if you did all your homework - you don't need to waste them on him. Bring a pot-lid, the Master Sword and wash two sanatogen down with a can of red bull to sharpen your old-man reflexes. Far as I remember you just wait for him to get mad, hit him in the face with his own laser beams and then wail on him with the master sword. The 4 guardians cut the time this takes in half.
    . But Rhyme makes a good point and you'll be glad you got the practice in :D

• Advertisement

• Question on completing the game: Can you play on after the game is done? As in finish stuff after the fact like shrines ect

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Question on completing the game: Can you play on after the game is done? As in finish stuff after the fact like shrines ect

Yep,
    you travel back to before you fought Ganon, with small changes

Once I've this done I'll go back to some of the previous titles.
    I've only finished a few of them, OoT, TP and that's about it.
    I've gotten both NES carts and the SNES one too, not to mention the lovely Links Awakening DX on the GBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,368 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Raging. Died at the very last section of the Middle Trials of the Sword. Was doing really well. Weapons weren't doing much damage Raging. Died at the very last section of the Middle Trials of the Sword. Was doing really well. Weapons weren't doing much then switched to the Flameblade Sword. You really can't afford to get hit, it takes a huge chunk off your health. It was an earlier section in the dark with a
    Flaming Wizzrobe
    that did all the damage. Dropped Armageddon from Heaven on top of me. I'll know better next time hopefully. Not replaying it again this evening. Need a break after getting so close.
    The Guardian
    had less than 1/3 of its health left. Should have been easy, hadn't fought one of these
    Guardians
    in a while, panicked, jumped in when I meant to jump back and.....dead. Now it's another hour maybe 2 hour slog ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Ive beaten clamity ganon for fun trying out all kinds of weapons and potions boosts, if you really want to cheese the final boss, i think ive found the best combination to take the most health with each hit.
    1.Ancient armour upgraded to level 2 to get the ancient weapons boost.

2. Anicient weapons the stronger the better, but master sword at full power will
    do.

3. ancient arrows and an ancient bow from the lab where you got the ancient armour

4.The strongest attack up potion that can be made (cook 5X bannnas)

6. drink during the fight, wear the anicent armour with the bonus keep hitting with ancient bow equiped and ancient arrows during the fight and equip an ancient weapon/ master sword and slash away.

When you say drink during the fight, you mean I should have a few whiskeys and it'll all be grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

When you say drink during the fight, you mean I should have a few whiskeys and it'll all be grand?

Sounds like a plan! :D

This master mode is damn tough one hit and your brown bread, I've 12 shrines done and about 3 battles..

sligeach wrote: »
    Raging. Died at the very last section of the Middle Trials of the Sword. Was doing really well. Weapons weren't doing much damage Raging. Died at the very last section of the Middle Trials of the Sword. Was doing really well. Weapons weren't doing much then switched to the Flameblade Sword. You really can't afford to get hit, it takes a huge chunk off your health. It was an earlier section in the dark with a
    Flaming Wizzrobe
    that did all the damage. Dropped Armageddon from Heaven on top of me. I'll know better next time hopefully. Not replaying it again this evening. Need a break after getting so close.
    The Guardian
    had less than 1/3 of its health left. Should have been easy, hadn't fought one of these
    Guardians
    in a while, panicked, jumped in when I meant to jump back and.....dead. Now it's another hour maybe 2 hour slog ahead.

So.... you're saying there's a
    Wizzrobe
    and a
    Guardian
    in the trials? Boy, when you fall off the Spoiler-Free wagon, you fall hard! :D

Spoilers, please!!!

Don't give out about spoilers while quoting/posting them yourself too!!!

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    Spoilers, please!!!

Don't give out about spoilers while quoting/posting them yourself too!!!

Sorry, is that a mod instruction or a click bait headline where you forgot the link??

Ah come on. It was a light hearted jest as a callback to a discussion yesterday, because life is a sitcom (and while I may be a Season 2 Vicki, I can aspire to be a Season 4 or 5). His post clearly wasn't a spoiler any more than saying "BotW Trial :
    you play as Link!"
    would be a spoiler.

Edit : Added spoiler tags, just in case!

Banjo wrote: »
    Ah come on. It was a light hearted jest as a callback to a discussion yesterday, because life is a sitcom (and while I may be a Season 2 Vicki, I can aspire to be a Season 4 or 5). His post clearly wasn't a spoiler any more than saying "BotW Trial :
    you play as Link!"
    would be a spoiler.

Kinda was... I don't want to hear about what's lying in wait in the trial before I get there to discover it myself.

OK, fair enough.... but if you're not expecting the game to throw the kitchen sink at you, then you're possibly not ready for the trial :D Now if he'd told you about the bit in room 13 where
    Zelda goes full-on Yiga and comes at you with a Demon Carver and the Light Bow
    now *that* would have been a spoiler.

Banjo wrote: »
    you play as Link!"
    would be a spoiler.

I want to be Sam from Cheers but I end up being Basil Fawlty.....

It's your fault, you invaded Poland!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Really enjoying this . I have 3 out of 4 divine beasts done . Just the desert one remaining. Is there anything significant I should do in the land area before I head to hydrule castle to face Gannon or is it just more shrines ?

Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,368 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

They're hardly spoilers. What do you think they'll do? Add an extra Bokoblin after you clear each level? There's nothing here that isn't already in the game. And I'm fairly sure Banjo was joking. I haven't played the Hard
    Trials of the Sword but I can guess what enemies will be there. Is predicting a stable of Lynels considered a spoiler?

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Anyone

Shrines to increase hearts/stamina. Exploring to get better equipment and weapons. Battles to practice and increase skill. Searching for food and upgrade materials to cook and improve your equipment.

...but most of all, fun. Have as much of it as you can. What I found was that once you beat the last boss, you pop back to the world but it's not the same. I'm only getting the energy for exploration and fun that I had before Ganon now, weeks after beating the game. Maybe that's just me.

Do you have the DLC? Open the map, hit X. If there's an area that's not green yet, go there :D

But basically, yeah - that's all there is to this game is the joy of exploring, finding shrines, finding koroks, fighting the big monsters, setting fire to camps full of goblins using lightning bolts, kicking Stal heads into ravines and watching the bodies flail around blindly, trying to carry a chicken all the way to Death Mountain, building flying machines with balloons, magnets and metal chests, going sailing, running around in your pants to watch reactions, that kind of thing. If you're not enjoying that, time to face Ganon.

• Advertisement

It's a pity you can go full on Fable and become a dark lord yourself, with consequences, but then that's not LoZ, that's Fable.

Advertisement