Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    It's a pity you can go full on Fable and become a dark lord yourself, with consequences, but then that's not LoZ, that's Fable.

Fable shot my dog. The series is dead to me now.

R.I.P. Sir Woofington

(1 thanks = 1 amen)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

What's that long green snake Dragon looking thing in the sky ? Can you fight that. He also seems to open some sort of portal in the sky and disappear. What did he do there . Where did he go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Sure try kill him, see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I play it every day for a few hours since the day I bought it came out and I'm still not bored, nearly threw the joycon through the TV last night in hard mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,368 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo have released a piece of artwork to celebrate their presence at Japan Expo 2017.
    DED7cPqXYAIB8Lc.jpg:large

Which is based on this famous piece of artwork.
    747px-Eug%C3%A8ne_Delacroix_-_Le_28_Juillet._La_Libert%C3%A9_guidant_le_peuple.jpg

https://twitter.com/NintendoFrance/status/882982001023868928

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/879303043099099137

That's 11.30am for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Zelda should have her boobs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Birneybau wrote: »
    Zelda should have her boobs out.

Its PC gone mad

Minor test of strength master mode oh dear.. oh dear.

Eiji Aonuma reflects on Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    We sat down with Nintendo's Eiji Aonuma in Paris to talk about the past, present and future of The Legend of Zelda.

https://www.gamereactor.eu/articles/560103/Eiji+Aonuma+reflects+on+Zelda+Breath+of+the+Wild/?page=1

Detailed interview with Aonuma including talk of the next Zelda using HD Rumble on Switch, but that's many years away.

• Advertisement

So @sligeach have you tried master mode? I'd like to hear your opinion on this, that fecking majora's mask is the only savior in this mode. 5 Bokoblins is like fighting 10 silver Lynels at once.

I haven't played Master Mode. Not interested, certainly not right now. I've played 500 hours and done everything there is to do. Maybe in a few years down the line I'll play the mode. When I go to the cinema, I don't come back the day day or week and watch the movie again.

And Master Mode from what I've heard is only really difficult as you start out but becomes much easier as you get weapons and armour. And food of course.

Right now I'm playing Trials of the Sword and keep botching up. I play it perfectly, gather all the weapons, cook the right meals, great health and then right out of nowhere I'm dead. Twice now I've messed up on the Guardian in the dark. Such an easy enemy to beat.

But once I picked up a dynamite barrel, walked by one of the torches and BOOM, just like that GAME OVER. Gave me a right fright. Silly me, of course fire ignites exploding barrels.

Then another time, slow motion in the air, aim with the bow and arrow, realise I have it on ice arrows, try to change to normal, panic, exit out of slow motion, BAM with the laser, it's dark, can't see, stuck in front of the wall, can't get out of the way, BAM and GAME OVER. AGAIN!

It's really off-putting, it takes a lot of time to beat these, you're meticulous, but one little thing goes wrong and it's right back to the start. I can only imagine what the Hard Trials are like. And they get longer and harder with each step up. I just know Lynel is waiting for me there. I can beat him flawlessly at times but when there's no armour, crappy weapons and no saving there's no room for error.

Finished the Middle Trials this morning. Found it very easy. Had an abundance of weapons and meals to spare. I suppose it's easy when you don't get hit. Might tackle the Hard Trials later.

sligeach wrote: »
    I haven't played Master Mode. Not interested, certainly not right now. I've played 500 hours and done everything there is to do. Maybe in a few years down the line I'll play the mode. When I go to the cinema, I don't come back the day day or week and watch the movie again.

And Master Mode from what I've heard is only really difficult as you start out but becomes much easier as you get weapons and armour. And food of course.

Right now I'm playing Trials of the Sword and keep botching up. I play it perfectly, gather all the weapons, cook the right meals, great health and then right out of nowhere I'm dead. Twice now I've messed up on the Guardian in the dark. Such an easy enemy to beat.

But once I picked up a dynamite barrel, walked by one of the torches and BOOM, just like that GAME OVER. Gave me a right fright. Silly me, of course fire ignites exploding barrels.

Then another time, slow motion in the air, aim with the bow and arrow, realise I have it on ice arrows, try to change to normal, panic, exit out of slow motion, BAM with the laser, it's dark, can't see, stuck in front of the wall, can't get out of the way, BAM and GAME OVER. AGAIN!

It's really off-putting, it takes a lot of time to beat these, you're meticulous, but one little thing goes wrong and it's right back to the start. I can only imagine what the Hard Trials are like. And they get longer and harder with each step up. I just know Lynel is waiting for me there. I can beat him flawlessly at times but when there's no armour, crappy weapons and no saving there's no room for error.

Go for it.. I'm enjoying it starting from scratch.. it takes you through a different path.

Trial of the Sword is now complete. Easy, but very long. Finished it on my first go. I'm glad I don't have to do that again though.
    WVW69kdCNCEbQ4Pxqm

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAADV44HIO5-_g

I thought the power was permanent but it still wears down like before. Whether it lasts longer, I'll have to test out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What does passing that get you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Finished this today , I think I short changed myself . whatever way I entered the castle I got to fight ganon straight away . He was easy too , still have so much of the game to cover .nits a great game but I still prefer The dark souls series , blood borne and witcher 3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Finished this today , I think I short changed myself . whatever way I entered the castle I got to fight ganon straight away . He was easy too , still have so much of the game to cover .nits a great game but I still prefer The dark souls series , blood borne and witcher 3

There's about 5 major routes in,
    the front door, the docks, the water falls, the mines and climbing the stepped terraces.
    There are any number of variations and combinations depending on how much of a plan you had to start with and how strong your Gyardian-Fu is. They all funnel you to where you need to go though so if you're not exploring you will get to the bottom room pretty fast. I recommend you go back and look for the entry points you didn't use, some of them are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Got the DLC for dark souls 3 yesterday so switching between the two is fun, too.many hours in Hyrule has me forever pressing the wrong attack button in other games ha

The Master Sword definitely lasts longer now with the full upgrade. A lot longer. Took down exactly 6 Silver Lynel's right down to the final blow, breaking as its deathknell rang out. Bear in mind I swoop in and take a few shots with the bow first, but the old Master Sword would be out of juice on the first Silver Lynel.

Still gathering a few Star Fragments in preparation for those amiibo cards arriving whenever. They were sent, Ebay removed the listing as "it was deemed a violation of intellectual property by the heaven" according to the seller.

• Advertisement

A couple of other Zelda art pieces made for Japan Expo 2017 just gone in Paris.
    DD0Ny87XUAAmYJq.jpg:small

DEIjdosXoAEjPBc.jpg:small

My leather wallet and amiibo cards just arrived its very nice little pack.

edit, they all work too but no Epona in master mode.

safetyboy wrote: »
    My leather wallet and amiibo cards just arrived its very nice little pack.

edit, they all work too but no Epona in master mode.

That's great. So hopefully mine will arrive in the next couple of days as well then.

Edit: I see you ordered on the 20th June, I ordered on the 26th. So it'll be next week at some stage before they arrive.

I just checked and I'll need 120 pieces of Star Fragments and a proverbial mountain of jewels to upgrade the remaining various Link set of costumes. That's insane. I have 30 of them, but farming them takes forever. I will get them, there will not be a single thing in this game that I haven't done. And what do they do that other costumes in this game can't already do and do better? Nothing. All that effort for a slight cosmetic change. :D

Seen this over on NL. It's absolutely incredible, the detail, the talent.

Sculpting Link from The Legend of Zelda Traditionally - Sculpture_Geek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbt17LLH54

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Irishbrick

Eh what are the amiibo cards ye are talking about and can I still get them....?

Irishbrick wrote: »
    Eh what are the amiibo cards ye are talking about and can I still get them....?

They were up on ebay in a leather wallet all the zelda amiibo cards but seem to have been pulled

How to Get Unlimited Korok Seeds in The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8rTSJKAgxA

It's not just Korok seeds that are unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Could be a good way to farm Star Fragments.
    I know there is at least one chest on the world map with one:
    http://imgur.com/a/dlNOI

Bit cheap though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Finally, beat Calamity Ganon swiftly followed by Utterly Useless Ganon (also know as A Shameless Lift from Shadow of the Colossus Ganon).
    Not sure I've the drive to continue with exploring Hyrule, may stick it on the shelf until DLC2 is out this Winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Fuk the Lost Woods

Advertisement