Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, I can't be the only one who already tried killing them using bombs or other items.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭xckjoo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah, I can't be the only one who already tried killing them using bombs or other items.

I always made sure to drop the rock on them after they gave me the seed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

xckjoo wrote: »
    I always made sure to drop the rock on them after they gave me the seed :D

#KerryKatonaStyle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    #KerryKatonaStyle

Feck.... That's messed up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭eggy81

This game is just unbelievable. They've though of literally everything and more.quite daunted by the prospect of getting through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,369 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Champion's Ballad DLC Pack 2 will arrive in December.

Source: Switch eShop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Excellent, I have the Champions Amiibo set on order for Cidonalad for Christmas, this will be bang on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Christ, I really must get back into this and finish the last DLC before this one comes out. I got half of it done. Just the last stage to do, and too much other stuff started coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

What was in it that was worth doing? I fired it up to look at the thing that shows where you have been on the map but never looked at any of the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

keane2097 wrote: »
    What was in it that was worth doing? I fired it up to look at the thing that shows where you have been on the map but never looked at any of the rest.

There's the powering up of the master sword. I think there's three trials. When you complete them all, the Master Sword is always powered up and lasts longer. I've done 2/3 of the trials. Just need to finish the last one, and I've collected all the other costumes, disappointing as they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Is there a specific date in december? Don't think I saw one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, without much spoilers - whats the shtory with master sword?
    I got 3 beasts slaped back in to senses and going for last one, but only got mentionings of the sword itself. Will it be something to do after beasts or its a part where I need to find it myself as a sode quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I got 3 beasts slaped back in to senses and going for last one, but only got mentionings of the sword itself. Will it be something to do after beasts or its a part where I need to find it myself as a sode quest.

You need to find it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Talk to npcs, restore the memories from the photographs. They will provide you with clues. Iirc one npc outright tells you where it is with a "cryptic" hint.

Finding the sword is fairly easy. Getting it is another matter entirely.

Try Woodies DIY. ;)

Here's a very interesting story I came across this morning.

I was depressed, anxious, and on the verge of suicide… then Zelda: Breath of the Wild saved me 
    Video games can be an incredible force for personal healing and coping - here’s the full story of how Zelda helped one of our writers with depression

http://www.gamesradar.com/i-was-depressed-anxious-and-on-the-verge-of-suicide-then-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-saved-me/

sligeach wrote: »
    I was depressed, anxious, and on the verge of suicide… then Zelda: Breath of the Wild saved me 
    Video games can be an incredible force for personal healing and coping - here’s the full story of how Zelda helped one of our writers with depression

http://www.gamesradar.com/i-was-depressed-anxious-and-on-the-verge-of-suicide-then-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-saved-me/

Good read, but not the first time I've heard a story like that...

How Breath Of The Wild Helped Me Through Depression [Kotaku]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Just a quick question on the Hero's Path, hoping someone could help.

I got the DLC yesterday but the path that shows up on the map only shows about the last 20 seconds worth of running across a field? It records as I go on, but I had read that it is supposed to show the last 200 hours and is retroactive. I haven't started the main quest yet but I have the lower half of the map uncovered, about 30 hours and 20 shrines done. Was I wrong in thinking I should be seeing the path from more or less when I left the plateau? :confused::( Cheers.

You may need to rewind. The day the DLC released - after about 100-odd hours of play - I was able to watch my progress coming out of the Shrine, wandering around, getting killed at that first cave about 40 times. But I did have to rewind back to the start first. It was one of those major Sligeach touchpapers, i.e. that for the brand new DLC to show you your progess since second 0 of your game, the functionality had to have been baked into the original retail release... so why make us pay extra for something we've already got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Banjo wrote: »
    You may need to rewind. The day the DLC released - after about 100-odd hours of play - I was able to watch my progress coming out of the Shrine, wandering around, getting killed at that first cave about 40 times. But I did have to rewind back to the start first.

Thanks for the reply, tried the rewind there but there's only about 20 seconds worth and took only a moment to rewind. :(

*edit* Yep, I'm well aware of Sligeachs touchpapers, it would be very hard to lurk here and not see the salt mountains. :P

Forgive the quality but here's a screenshot:

433526.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild named ultimate game at the Golden Joysticks
    "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has been named ultimate game of the year at the Golden Joystick Awards.

It also picked up three other prizes - best audio, Nintendo game of the year and the critics' choice award."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/42027185/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-named-ultimate-game-at-the-golden-joysticks

Thoroughly deserved and dare I say, not surprising.

• Advertisement

I for one wasn't surprised. Because I read exactly the same comment in another thread. Is S-capital-i-geach on the rampage again?

^ They're slightly different comments. ^

I was too tired to post this in the early hours of this morning.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Ultimate Game of the Year at the Golden Joystick Awards

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YRKQURIQLcQ

One interesting line from the acceptance speech. I hope it's not "Lost in Translation" and the DLC is indeed lengthy and/or it could imply that it has a lot of replayability.
    DO6NVyEXUAA-7N8?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

It seems to be just a sentiment that Aonuma expresses a lot. I think he's implored fans to play "for a long time" in all of the comments I've heard him make on the game...

... but I hope it does mean it's long :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

What are the chances of another LoZ on the Switch, maybe towards the end of it's life-cycle?

Pac1Man wrote: »
    What are the chances of another LoZ on the Switch, maybe towards the end of it's life-cycle?

It's extremely likely that they'll develop another LoZ for the Switch and possibly more than one more too.
    Could be that we'll see an original tale but from an overhead perspective, might get a Hyrule Warriors sequel.
    Certainly a BotW style title is a certainty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's extremely likely that they'll develop another LoZ for the Switch and possibly more than one more too.

Ah man, I haven't a pot to pee in and I haven't even had time to collect all 900 koroks, with 2 young kids, but I've been thinking of getting a switch

It's a future investment right?? :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pac1Man wrote: »

I'd love to play the Wind Waker & Twilight Princess WiiU ports on this. Never finished the latter & haven't played WW in around 12 years I'd guess....

Ah man, I haven't a pot to pee in and I haven't even had time to collect all 900 koroks, with 2 young kids, but I've been thinking of getting a switch

It's a future investment right?? :):)

Well, like most Nintendo hardware, it's never a poor choice of purchase, as long as it has the games you want to play on it.
    In this case BotW is an excellent game, whether it's a Switch or WiiU you play it on.
    If it's the only Switch game you want to play, and you have it on the WiiU, you are probably safe enough to bide your time before getting one next year or whenever a game is released that you simply must have.
    The handy thing about the Switch is playing on the go, especially if young children means that your effective free time is also spent in random locations, such as lounging at one of those adventure playground/scaffolding for kids indoor places.
    While the little dears are hanging 4 metres in the air by their ankles you can be conquering a few Shrines.

Caveat : the volume output through the headphones isn't amazing, and those play centres are LOUD! So make sure you're not playing something like Skyrim where maybe you should be able to hear what people are saying, and where the subtitles option only seems to affect direct dialog. Because when you leap to your feet in the coffee dock and scream "sweet beard of Talos, when will you infernal wretches cease your cacaphonous prattling??? I'M TRYING TO TALK TO ROLF!" Apparently /you/ are in the wrong, not those foul, inconsiderate little hellspawn.

Also, make sure your headphone cord is a decent length. Say, long enough for you to suddenly leap to your feet without catapulting the Switch off the table and into a jug of squash 3 tables over.

• Advertisement

What about something like this?
    Link
    A bluetooth adaptor for a 3.5mm headphone jack, meaning you simply plug it into the headphone port on your Switch and then use your wireless, bluetooth headphones, drowning the little dears begging for over-priced nuggets and chips.

Advertisement