Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

quick question,im picking this up for the wii u next week,have the frame rate issues been patched out yet?
    i know theres a new patch out today.
    it wont ruin the game for me but it would be good if they have fixed it..

• bigphil2 wrote: »
    quick question,im picking this up for the wii u next week,have the frame rate issues been patched out yet?

ill have a look later,youtube doent work on the work pc..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

bigphil2 wrote: »

I haven't played it in a while now on Wii U but I found lowering the res to 720p made a big difference in smoothness. You obviously lose out a little on sharpness/detail, but I'll choose smoothness every day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The frame rate is better, but still not fixed.

Incidentally, I also need to pick up a copy of this, preferably one of the special editions. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on one of them?
    I saw a few different "special" versions but I think they have different names, depending on what side of the Atlantic you're on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

The_B_Man wrote: »
    The frame rate is better, but still not fixed.

Incidentally, I also need to pick up a copy of this, preferably one of the special editions. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on one of them?
    I saw a few different "special" versions but I think they have different names, depending on what side of the Atlantic you're on...

Gamestop are selling the special edition for €87.99

• Registered Users Posts: 17,369 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

There's nothing wrong with the frame rate on the Wii U version. It actually has a higher average score than the Switch version

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

sligeach wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with the frame rate on the Wii U version. It actually has a higher average score than the Switch version

I'm almost certain I read about the framrate in portable mode being more stable than the Wii U version. And the framerate drops in docked mode were fixed through a patch.

edit:

I only watched half of it, but the Wii U has regular drops to the 20fps mark compared to the switch and runs at a lower resolution.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can we keep away from this frame rate tangent.
    It's unnecessary and only generates ill feeling.
    So, knock it off please. This isn't a Switch v WiiU thread. We don't have one, for a reason.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Can we keep away from this frame rate tangent.
    It's unnecessary and only generates ill feeling.
    So, knock it off please. This isn't a Switch v WiiU thread. We don't have one, for a reason.

Sorry,i only asked as ive not played it,didnt realise it would create quite such a debate..

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Explorer's Edition (Switch) Black Friday Bundle Unboxing !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyWiZq41Dog

You're not really missing out on a whole lot. The camera is really focused so you could probably read the whole book as he shows all the pages. There is some nice artwork and the map is cool with the kind of frayed edges. I've said it before but America's packaging is really flimsy compared to Europe's rugged cardboard.

Sorry,i only asked as ive not played it,didnt realise it would create quite such a debate..

Trust me, it wasn't you....

Anyway, you're in for a great time with the game, frame rate issues or not. It's not as "traditional" as the other Zelda games, definitely has a steep learning curve. But it's one of the best games I've played in years.

Let us know how you get on.

Trust me, it wasn't you....

Anyway, you're in for a great time with the game, frame rate issues or not. It's not as "traditional" as the other Zelda games, definitely has a steep learning curve. But it's one of the best games I've played in years.

Let us know how you get on.

Nice one,will do.. ive looked a couple of Streams of the first few hours and having just started Wind Waker the other day,BOTW defintiely looks like a change gameplay wise..Cant wait to jump in though.. Only hassle is i cant order it till Tuesday.. so the waiting is a pain.. still ive WW to keep me busy till then..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

How can a game which had so much hype and anticipation end up exceeding expectations?

The world is so organic. Everything feels natural, like it exists whether you are playing or not. Every time I play something bizarre happens.

Yesterday I got into a large fight and then it started to thunder, which forced me to put away my weapons and run around in my nip for five minutes avoiding the group that I so confidently approached a moment ago. Hilarious!

I have beaten one of the Divine Beasts and am now working towards the Master Sword.

50 hours in with a heap left to do.

Best game ever.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild livestream scheduled for December 12th (Japan)

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/legend-zelda-breath-wild-livestream-scheduled-december-12th-japan/

Don't get too excited excited just yet about seeing the DLC on that date. The story explains why and that we may see it even sooner at the Game Awards which are on next week. I'd say that's a very good possibility given that we seen the first gameplay of the game from the show back in 2014. They will be on the 8th, Friday at 1.30am, our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I expect exclusive first look at the new DLC on the Toy Show tonight. :p

The Zelda DLC was just shown and it's available TONIGHT. Wait until you see it.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Expansion Pass: DLC Pack 2 The Champions’ Ballad Trailer

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dyBFAX4SDEc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The 'Master Cycle Zero' is a very interesting addition. Available after completing the DLC I think they said?

Think they also mentioned about further DLC in the future as well.

Edit: Apparently you get the Master Cycle Zero after completing 'The Divine Beasts Tamer's Trials'

I remember them talking about the motorcycle in their concept discussions and here it is now a reality. MK8 is one thing, this is another.

Here's that concept photo.
    zelda_breath_of_the_wild_concept_art.0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not a clue what I just watched. How much is the expansion pass anyway and is it worth it do folks think?

It's €20. It's too early to tell how significant this DLC is but I'm sure they won't let us down.

Here's the full segment from The Game Awards Show.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild The Champions' Ballad & Master Cycle Zero Reveal | The Game Awards 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIKxhxyIjcs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Game of the Year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

So far it just seems like a combo of the master sword trials followed by a shrine. Not exactly adding too much for me but it's early days. It's been so long since I played this, I've gotten rusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

sligeach wrote: »
    I remember them talking about the motorcycle in their concept discussions and here it is now a reality. MK8 is one thing, this is another.

Here's that concept photo.
    zelda_breath_of_the_wild_concept_art.0.jpg
    rippin around on a motorbike is fricken awesome. Is that available to do now with the dlc?

iamtony wrote: »
    rippin around on a motorbike is fricken awesome. Is that available to do now with the dlc?

You get the motorcycle after you've completed the DLC. But at that point, if you're like me, the game will be over again, so it's kind of too late. Everything else is already done. Will this need to be kept in a stable? Never bothered with using horses outside of the mandatory bits as they were a bit of hassle and would slow you down. Like if you wanted to go off somewhere inaccessible on horseback I'd always feel obliged to return them first and never wanted them to die in battle either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'm still wandering around trying to find shrines. Have about 86 I think. Not going near Hyrule Castle until I have at least 100.

I haven't bothered with the dlc yet. Don't really want to mess with the perfection, I guess. Is this mental? Should I just get it later? Haven't even looked at what it does to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Link getting a motorcycle. What a...

*Ahem*

...triumph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Link getting a motorcycle. What a...

*Ahem*

...triumph.

Pfft. I harley think so.

Sorry.