Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Just to double-check - the new DLC is playable from tonight, Irish time?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Xofpod wrote: »

It's playable now I'd say. The update is downloading on my Switch at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,369 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Xofpod wrote: »

It's available now. It's just over 1GB in size on Wii U to get the latest DLC Pack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cidonalad had a fevered go of it this morning, before I bet him out the door to school.
    It's looks promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The motorbike does seem like a mistake, but I'm still looking forward to trying it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Curious to find out how much new content is in there. 3 hours? 10 hours? 20 hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

genuinely heartily laughed when i seen link on a motorbike in the trailer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Intend on finishing the story over the Christmas holidays. Still a good bit left to go. A motorcycle might speed up my progress. Great news!
    Delighted this got GOTY. Plenty more awards to come too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

sligeach wrote: »
    You get the motorcycle after you've completed the DLC. But at that point, if you're like me, the game will be over again, so it's kind of too late. Everything else is already done. Will this need to be kept in a stable? Never bothered with using horses outside of the mandatory bits as they were a bit of hassle and would slow you down. Like if you wanted to go off somewhere inaccessible on horseback I'd always feel obliged to return them first and never wanted them to die in battle either.
    Yeah felt the same about my horsy too. I had Brian right through the game. He got stuck on a ledge but when I went to the stable to take out Mike the magically reboarded Brian and all was good. I only ever killed one horse and that was that huge horse, I think it was ganons at some stage so I didn't mind him dying.
    still loads to do in the game and if could go around finding korok seeds on a scrambler I would gladly do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

keane2097 wrote: »
    The motorbike does seem like a mistake, but I'm still looking forward to trying it out.

I think it's fine - especially as it's a bonus you unlock once you've finished the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It'll help me get to the many, many areas I've yet to cover anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Free update?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Free update?

DLC.... I think you only just bought it. Bad move. The edition including dlc is out before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    DLC.... I think you only just bought it. Bad move. The edition including dlc is out before Xmas.

Any link to that? Finished the base game on Wii u, planned to play again on the switch if a bundle of game&dlc was released.

Mr E wrote: »
    Curious to find out how much new content is in there. 3 hours? 10 hours? 20 hours?

I don't know but from the trailer I think it's 4 new Shrines and a new Devine Beast with some story interweaved. If you go by what's already in the game, you're probably looking at a few hours maybe. Hopefully the dungeon(Devine Beast) has more to it than the others, they were quite short. Then there are the costumes and horse equipment. That's another hour maybe. I bet the costumes don't do anything unique like all the others in the first pack and can't be upgraded. The Korok Mask was the only piece of equipment that wasn't cosmetic. The Ancient horse bridal equipment lets you call your horse no matter the distance and it also gives an extra spur for galloping. I will be disappointed if it's over in less than 5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

at last its friday so 2 days of playing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Rusty as hell, does loading times seem longer btw? Or have i been away so long that they are the norm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You gotta be ****ting me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You gotta be ****ting me?

Sorry I'm not. Season pass is 20 so hopefully you didn't pay over the odds as I'm sure the new edition will be full price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Sorry I'm not. Season pass is 20 so hopefully you didn't pay over the odds as I'm sure the new edition will be full price.

The base game is £48 on Amazon now which is approx €55. Then the DLC is whatever eshop is charging. How much is the edition with DLC going to cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Without spoiling anything, some of these new shrines are excellent. They make great use of all your runes. One in particular is tough but great, that you almost want to do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What To Expect From Breath of the Wild's Champions' Ballad DLC

https://kotaku.com/what-to-expect-from-breath-of-the-wilds-champions-balla-1821122931

Sounds like you get your money's worth. The second part of the DLC is nice and chunky and will take you all over the map and will take some time to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

What a pain.
    I have 1.6GB of free space on my WiiU but it won't let me dl/install. :(

As I opened the game tonight it updated another 800MB~ update, which i initially thought was the DLC but turns out it was for for god knows what.

Starting to really regret giving into my curiosity and downloading the language pack now because for what I can see there seems to be no clear way to delete that by itself.

It's grouped as 'Update Data'(3016MB) and 'Add On Content' (922MB). Edit: The language pack is apparently 834.7MB, so i'm wondering if this grouped with addon content, and if so, whether the remaining 90 or so MB is anything expendable or contained within DLC2.

Could anybody without the language pack let me know what space both of these are taking up for them?

Any help would be much appreciated.

What a pain.
    I have 1.6GB of free space on my WiiU but it won't let me dl/install. :(

As I opened the game tonight it updated another 800MB~ update, which i initially thought was the DLC but turns out it was for for god knows what.

Starting to really regret giving into my curiosity and downloading the language pack now because for what I can see there seems to be no clear way to delete that by itself.

It's grouped as 'Update Data'(3016MB) and 'Add On Content' (922MB). Edit: The language pack is apparently 834.7MB, so i'm wondering if this grouped with addon content, and if so, whether the remaining 90 or so MB is anything expendable or contained within DLC2.

Could anybody without the language pack let me know what space both of these are taking up for them?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I hope this helps, for me the DLC Pack's on Wii U takes up 4.127GB on my external HDD. I don't have the Language Pack's.

Edit: To clarify, when I then click on that, it breaks down as:

Save data = 64MB
    Add-on content = 1045MB
    Update data = 3016MB

I'd guess that the Language Pack is in the add-on content. Again, I'd guess that you could delete the add-on content, then go back to the eShop and redownload the Expansion Pass. Your save data will be safe, it's separate. I'm not 100% sure but it makes sense. The Expansion Pass and the Language Pack are both under Add-on Content on the eShop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I finished the main DLC last night. To summarise what to expect from the DLC - I don't think they're spoilers, but just in case
    16 Shrines
    5 Boss Fights
    1 Divine Beast "dungeon"
    Plus the extra stuff like clothes etc (about 6 quests, some have multiple locations)

Overall, I enjoyed it. I don't think that it necessarily adds anything worthwhile to the game overall. It certainly doesn't elevate it any higher, but it doesn't take away from it at the same time. If you loved the shrines, you'll enjoy this game. It's definitely more puzzle focused than combat focused. I would have preferred DLC to open up new areas of the map, and new lands, but overall, I'd consider the Season Pass to be decent value, and worth the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

sligeach wrote: »
    I hope this helps, for me the DLC Pack's on Wii U takes up 4.127GB on my external HDD. I don't have the Language Pack's.

Edit: To clarify, when I then click on that, it breaks down as:

Save data = 64MB
    Add-on content = 1045MB
    Update data = 3016MB

I'd guess that the Language Pack is in the add-on content. Again, I'd guess that you could delete the add-on content, then go back to the eShop and redownload the Expansion Pass. Your save data will be safe, it's separate. I'm not 100% sure but it makes sense. The Expansion Pass and the Language Pack are both under Add-on Content on the eShop.

Excellent. Cheers for this.

Unfortunately i'm only seeing it now, and after being egged on by a 6 year old who wanted to see the game before school I ended up sacrificing a number of games.

Still, nothing seemed to work, no matter what I deleted, so i ended up having to go into some dark corner of the eshop I'd never seen before to manually force it to download. Very strange.

And now they still taunt me with claims of '3128MB free space' :mad:

Might give this a go all the same, to see if i can free up some more icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Finished the DLC tonight and I really enjoyed it to be honest. Gonna spoiler some things about it.
    The shrines are really great and some are the best in the entire game. I liked the 'stackable blocks ' one a lot, took me a while to figure that one out. The 'one hit' mechanic at the start is quite fun to work out the best ways of attack and satisfying when you clear a horde without damage. The final 'trial' dungeon is really well worked, if a little short. I wish there was a few more rooms. It was a nice challenge to take on the Blight Ganons again with limited weapons. although I can understand some feeling it's a little repetitive to fight them again. I like the little story bits they add to it and it made me wish they had more cut scenes with the Champions in the main game. The 'change' in Link that they briefly mention in one of the cut scenes is interesting as well, I wonder will that be alluded to in the future. Urbosa is definitely one of the strongest characters to come out of the game, I hope she features again in future games.

The final boss battle is great and a clever way to wrap up the shrine parts of the game. The music during it is superb as well. It felt like a previous type of Zelda boss in other games in the series. I purposely left the new armour side quests until after so I can use the bike to search for them. It's a lot of fun travelling using it to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Update 1.4.1 is out for the Wii U version (if there's anyone still out there playing it). "Various fixes to improve gameplay" which is as vague as it gets.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/12/legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_gets_wii_u_update_to_improve_gameplay

Advertisement