Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Well then there's only one way to settle this.

We need Jamie and Daz to facilitate a Gamezville Face Off.

Prepare your eight year olds!

Gamesville.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I'd just wander around areas when playing Zelda as a kid. Plus, I was easily scared of game overs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It only took me since the launch of the switch, but I'm finally near the end of BOTW! All Divine Beasts done anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

It only took me since the launch of the switch, but I'm finally near the end of BOTW! All Divine Beasts done anyway.

I bet you've forgotten the whole story at this stage:)

I'm just mainly collecting Spirit Orbs for more hearts
    in preparation for the Trial of the Sword

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wow the flying Divine Beast was a bit easy wasnt it? The other 2 took me hours when I refused to use a guide, Ive spent longer in plenty of random shrines than I did on the bird, then 10 bomb arrows on the boss and done...

Onwards to Death Mountain now, best game I ever played easily, will be buying a Switch and the sequel the day its released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

im tempted to start over again even tho ive played throught it 3 times and once in master mode, but i wanna go again, the game is that good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Finally finished this. Bought it on release last March so ~ 10 months to finish it lol.
    Was only playing sporadically mind you.

I do agree with a lot of the criticisms though - the breaking weapons, the pointless sidequests (rupee rewards> seriously), also only 4 "powers" that you get at the start with not many of them even useful out of shrines. Also what was the point of the Castle at the end? I was expecting a cool trek through a labyrinthine fortress looking for Ganon but I then discovered you can just fly over it into the sanctum. I also didn't like the way you can warp at any time even in combat or falling over a cliff.

I love the engine and the world they built but for the sequel I'd like them to re-introduce the cool gadgets like hookshot, proper masks, magnetic gloves, iron boots etc. I'd also like for them to give pieces of hearts as rewards for sidequests as there really isn't any point in doing sidequests for like 50 rupees.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Asus X540L wrote: »
    I also didn't like the way you can warp at any time even in combat or falling over a cliff.

:eek:
    Why did I never think of this????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Also what was the point of the Castle at the end? I was expecting a cool trek through a labyrinthine fortress looking for Ganon but I then discovered you can just fly over it into the sanctum.

There are quite a few different ways of getting into the castle so depending on how you approached it you might have had to fight through some of the toughest baddies in the game, struggled up grueling climbs, swam through a series of waterfalls or snuck through the dungeons avoiding guards. Or a combination. Or all of the above rather than leave a single bokoblin alive. Alternatively you can just do the magnesis levitation trick and glide directly into the big bad's lair. And even then, depending on what you've done prior to this confrontation, it can be a very difficult fight or a very easy fight. And that was the point of the fortress. Like the rest of the game, approach it however you like and it will give you an appropriate challenge.

Rupee rewards sucked, but they can't give out pieces of heart or orbs (that would negate the point of the shrines existing for the hero to prove their worth), so they'd have to introduce yet another limited currency type to reward you with, and a backend system it feeds into that currently doesn't exist (e.g. weapon repair, a village spirit or affinity that affects their attitude towards you or the positivity of their environment, access to none-essential services like dying, horse breeding, food material farming) otherwise why do the quest?
    They could get friendly villagers (i.e. that you have helped) to help you find the shrines maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think I flew in there, big cheating b@stard that I am.
    Great boss battle there too.
    Lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

i guess I was such a badass by the time I faced the castle I just flew through it (I had almost fully upgraded ancient armour, tons of ancient arrows, along with those Lionel 5xbows). Took down those flying hunter killers with a shot lol.

The Lionels are still the hardest fights in the game. I could only start beating them when I got the camel power.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

As much as I enjoyed this game (logged about 275 hours into it), I've had zero inclination to buy the DLC for it. Is anyone else the same? I think I literally played it to death :D

I've bought the DLC. I'm focusing on completing shrines at the moment. Currently, I have 23 hearts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

manual_man wrote: »
    As much as I enjoyed this game (logged about 275 hours into it), I've had zero inclination to buy the DLC for it. Is anyone else the same? I think I literally played it to death :D

Not played the game since beating it months ago. Started the DLC on Saturday and it's a bit early to go back to the game. I'm totally burned out so will wait a while before I tackle it again :)

Random comment but I enjoyed the Kaam Ya'tak shrine.

Thargor wrote: »
    Wow the flying Divine Beast was a bit easy wasnt it? The other 2 took me hours when I refused to use a guide, Ive spent longer in plenty of random shrines than I did on the bird, then 10 bomb arrows on the boss and done...

Onwards to Death Mountain now, best game I ever played easily, will be buying a Switch and the sequel the day its released.

found 2 to be really easy and two to have some difficulty.

hardest to easiest

thunderblight
    waterblight

airblight (or whatever it's called)
    fireblight

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Random comment but I enjoyed the Kaam Ya'tak shrine.

Dunno which one that is.

If it's the one I'm in right now, I whole heartedly disagree.

Currently doing the DLC quests, with 26 hearts thus far.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Dunno which one that is.

If it's the one I'm in right now, I whole heartedly disagree.

This one:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

glasso wrote: »
    found 2 to be really easy and two to have some difficulty.

hardest to easiest

thunderblight
    waterblight

airblight (or whatever it's called)
    fireblight

For me waterblight took a few cracks at him

Thundeblight by comparison was much much easier

Thunderblight was easily the toughest for me. Not sure what was the easiest, but it probably would be Waterblight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,369 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Can't believe Spirit Tracks is where it is on that chart.

It's the only proper one of the whole series I really didn't like.

But it's been a very long time since I tried it. Should I give it another go?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Can't believe Spirit Tracks is where it is on that chart.
    Ha, was just scrolling down to post that.

Spirit Tracks is the greatest you get to drive the train and pull the whistle its so awesome.

Also the divine beasts are crazy easy once you get the master sword for the bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Spirit Tracks is the greatest you get to drive the train and pull the whistle its so awesome.

Also the divine beasts are crazy easy once you get the master sword for the bosses.

Maybe that's why. Got master sword between waterblight and thunderblight

Didn't do the other 2 yet

I'm not sure when exactly I got the Master Sword. Maybe before my last Divine Beast, Vah Naboris.

Um.

I got the master sword aaaages ago.

Never used it till the final battle because I thought it would break.

• Advertisement

Um.

I got the master sword aaaages ago.

Never used it till the final battle because I thought it would break.

It breaks, but then recharges itself after like 10 minutes, and also it gets double power against the divine beast bosses.

Advertisement