Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

That also holds true against Guardians.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

I'm at the water beast and on the third section inside it. the water wheel is moving in the opposite direction than I need, I'm at a loss...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

That also holds true against Guardians.

Only corrupted guardians. The ones in shrines are pristine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Banjo wrote: »
    Only corrupted guardians. The ones in shrines are pristine

So no advantages in test of strength :(

One of my pet peeves is how the blood moon cutscene can't be disabled. It can be skipped, but somehow still annoys me, and also somewhat frightens me. It makes me freak the hell out of blood moons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Has anyone actually done the Sword Trials DLC? How long does it go on? I played for ages into the Guardian stages earlier then made one stupid mistake and poof, back to my last save, not even in the Korok forest...

I assume Lynels are going to come into the trials at some stage so I probably wont even bother trying again...

Thargor wrote: »
    Has anyone actually done the Sword Trials DLC? I played for ages into the Guardian stages earlier then made one stupid mistake and poof, back to my last save, not even in the Korok forest...

I've done the first trial.

The lack of a pre-Trial of the Sword autosave bugs me.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭coffee to go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Excellent, my Bokoblin bank account should now re-fill seeing as Link killed my family a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 WithTheRanks

Brainz wrote: »
    I'm at the water beast and on the third section inside it. the water wheel is moving in the opposite direction than I need, I'm at a loss...

Have you tried
    moving the trunk? There should be a terminal that fills in your map for the beast, then on the map screen it will let you move the trunk.
    This might sound obvious, but I missed it for an embarrassing amount of time

Got past the inside, stuck at the final part of the beast now

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

I've just started this game, currently heading towards Hateno Villiage for the first time (after leaving kakariko).

Any tips/advice advice for a n00b, no spoilers please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Sight808 wrote: »
    I've just started this game, currently heading towards Hateno Villiage for the first time (after leaving kakariko).

Take your time, enjoy the surroundings, explore anything that looks interesting/suspicious and, if planning on taking on a large group of enemies, have some semblance of a plan (it makes the combat a lot more satisfying in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

When attacking big groups of enemies I tended to try and find higher ground and chuck bombs down on them. Saves resources and they can't get near you.
    Also, I would encourage getting side tracked. It's a huge but fun world. Explore it!

Using Magnesis to take down enemies with blocks also helps, without inducing wear and tear on weapons and shields.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

The Blood Moon brings a lovely stretch to Hyrule evenings. Bring a picnic and make the most of the bracing evening air.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Got the last of the shrines last night. Have to start the dlc stuff now.

Kinda wish I hadn't bought it, I want to get on with my life.

Well, Mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ariana Grande

I am obsessed with this game.
    I just came across a square grey maze like area out after some cliffs, not sure if I should go in there yet tho

YCgAR1r.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Anyone notice any difference in the recent patch to 1.5?
    Just got it tonight and Google says nothing about it.

• Advertisement

Nintendo's site says the following regarding the 1.5 patch:

You can now select Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), or Korean in the language settings menu on the Switch console to display text in the selected language.

Voice Language selection is not supported for the above languages. If you choose “Match System Settings” in Options, voice data will be set to Japanese.

Various fixes to improve gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye I know. I was just wondering what the various random improvements were. I was in Kakariko village last week, gliding into yer ones gaf from across th village, and while mid-air the game hung for a second. Other than that, the frames have been perfect. But as always with every update, there's gonna be a question about the frame rate, even tho it's almost perfect now.

They probably don't want to spoil any content, so they keep the improvements vague.

I've noticed split-second pauses in movement before. It's a bit aggravating.

Oh yes, Master Sword Trials done, couldnt let it go and finish the game without them, it would have been a little niggle in the back of my mind. I dont even remember whats going on in the main game Ive been in the trials so long...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I jumped back into this today after about 7 months away. I think I need to do the starting plateau again to relearn the controls. :)

Starting to make progress on Waterbeast, finding I don't have enough weapons to kill him off,!!! very frustrating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Thanks for all the tips!

Thanks for all the tips!

You are welcome.

I have finally conquered the Trial of the Sword. It was a lot to go through with.

• Advertisement

I have finally conquered the Trial of the Sword. It was a lot to go through with.
    I couldnt have done it without the
    Ancient Arrows.

Advertisement