Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I bought the amiibo zelda card pack off ebay for 25€ not sure if they were legit or not but they come in a nice leather pouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

safetyboy wrote: »
    I bought the amiibo zelda card pack off ebay for 25€ not sure if they were legit or not but they come in a nice leather pouch.

As they didn't do Amiibo cards for anything outside of Animal Crossing, they're faker than the €7.50 note that Banjo keeps trying to use to buy Robbing Bandit's affections amiibos...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

safetyboy wrote: »

They may not be official but they work and they're brilliant. I bought them a long time ago, I think they cost about €16 or €18 delivered. A fraction of the official cost, no clutter, no dealing with scalpers, or no stock, travel, etc. I slated Attack on Titan 2 earlier for costumes locked behind an artificial paywall. This was no better. The Majora's Mask unlocks are the best. Nintendo offered no alternative means of getting this content so it's partially their fault. I would have bought a proper official bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sligeach wrote: »
    They may not be official but they work and they're brilliant. I bought them a long time ago, I think they cost about €16 or €18 delivered. A fraction of the official cost, no clutter, no dealing with scalpers, or no stock, travel, etc. I slated Attack on Titan 2 earlier for costumes locked behind an artificial paywall. This was no better. The Majora's Mask unlocks are the best. Nintendo offered no alternative means of getting this content so it's partially their fault. I would have bought a proper official bundle.

I didn't think you'd agree with pirated content? Count me surprised.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I didn't think you'd agree with pirated content? Count me surprised.

I'm generally strongly against piracy but in this case it serves them right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm generally strongly against piracy but in this case it serves them right.

"I'm against something until it doesn't suit me"

Has anything useful or central to the game ever been locked behind an Amiibo?

"I'm against something until it doesn't suit me"

Has anything useful or central to the game ever been locked behind an Amiibo?

Rubbish. And yes, useful things have been locked behind amiibo. Mario Party 10, had an entire mode locked behind them, the game only had 3 modes(I think) so it was significant. You needed each specific amiibo for their corresponding board. Or Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge, the clue is in the name.

Rubbish. And yes, useful things have been locked behind amiibo. Mario Party 10, had an entire mode locked behind them, the game only had 3 modes(I think) so it was significant. You needed each specific amiibo for their corresponding board. Or Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge, the clue is in the name.

What's rubbish, that you're against piracy until you want Amiibo rewards, i.e. it doesn't suit you?

That's bull**** re MP10 though, it was a genuine question. Hope they don't pull that for MP11/MP10D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

What's rubbish, that you're against piracy until you want Amiibo rewards, i.e. it doesn't suit you?

That's bull**** re MP10 though, it was a genuine question. Hope they don't pull that for MP11/MP10D

While I'm generally anti piracy, sliggy has a very valid point. The implementation for Mario Odyssey and amiibo was much better. The amiibo offered some costumes for free rather than using coins, and some of them offered a specific gameplay "cheat" (like showing all purple coins on the map) - All content was unlockable through gameplay.

Zelda, on the other hand, made some content only unlockable by spending a fortune, possibly up to 5 times the cost of the game, on rare, sometimes impossible to find items. That's akin to loot boxes in my opinion, and if Nintendo were to offer a way to get them through a massive grind in the game, that would have been an acceptable compromise, but absolutely no way without them? It's a tiny bit their own fault in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I also bought them Zelda cards. The price of any of them off Amazon was ridiculous. Refuse to feed the scalpers. I actually bought 2 legitimately but couldn't get the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

What y'all on about? I played the hell out of BOTW and never touched one Amiibo or bastardised card. What did I miss out on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Pac1Man wrote: »
    What y'all on about? I played the hell out of BOTW and never touched one Amiibo or bastardised card. What did I miss out on?

I'm in the same boat here.

Let me give you an example here. If you used the OoT Link amiibo, you would receive OoT-related items and equipment, i.e. the Biggoron's Sword.

The Champion amiibos offer Divine Beast helms as another example.

There's one or 2 things locked behind amiibo. Like Wolf Link or Links trusty horse from previous games. Don't think you can unlock either of those without amiibo.
    You don't need to have them in game but they're nice additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

About 4 or 5 costumes, that are themed to the various other Zelda games, some weapons along the same theme, Epona, Wolf Link as a companion, and the newer Amiibo give exclusive headgear items that are linked to the champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

None of it was essential, but Sligeach's point is valid. In most cases it's almost impossible to legitimately buy the dlc, even more so in way that Nintendo benefit

chrislad wrote: »
    While I'm generally anti piracy, sliggy has a very valid point. The implementation for Mario Odyssey and amiibo was much better. The amiibo offered some costumes for free rather than using coins, and some of them offered a specific gameplay "cheat" (like showing all purple coins on the map) - All content was unlockable through gameplay.

Zelda, on the other hand, made some content only unlockable by spending a fortune, possibly up to 5 times the cost of the game, on rare, sometimes impossible to find items. That's akin to loot boxes in my opinion, and if Nintendo were to offer a way to get them through a massive grind in the game, that would have been an acceptable compromise, but absolutely no way without them? It's a tiny bit their own fault in that regard.

That's fair enough I guess, I didn't realise the stuff was genuinely impossible to get without the amiiboos

Just broke the 100 hour mark last night (a landmark i haven't hit on any game on other consoles in a long time).
    Still so much to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ariana Grande

I’ve played for 90 hours and I’ve only freed two Divine Beasts :pac:

Gone back to make some more progress in Master Mode. 11 hearts, 38 shrines, 23 Korok seeds, and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

Finally cleared the 4 beasts and then two final ganons, is the DLC worth getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Gone back to make some more progress in Master Mode. 11 hearts, 38 shrines, 23 Korok seeds, and counting.

Are all the shrines much harder too?

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Are all the shrines much harder too?

The only factor affecting shrine difficulty would be regenerative health.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

dlc is worth getting gives you side quest for the master sword to improve your master sword. korok seeds are easier to find with dlc korok mask. After you complete the all 4 divine beasts dungeons the dlc unlocks more shrines to explore to improve the attack from your divine beasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What number should the Master Sword be? I got mine during the week but it's only 30 and I've other weapons that are higher numbers.

The advantage with the Master Sword is that it regenerates 10 minutes after its energy is depleted. Damage increases to 60 near malice-tainted Guardians. And if you have the DLC, you can take on the Trial of the Sword to awaken its true splendour.

On another note,
    I just successfully mounted the Lord of the Mountain. His stamina is godlike

from previous Zelda games, we had the option to change links name we never got that option to do so with botw and every Nintendo rpg and action adventure game give you the option to change avatar name and same goes other rpgs from 3rd party games too which determines this is not proper rpg legend of Zelda game anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Smertrius wrote: »
    from previous Zelda games, we had the option to change links name we never got that option to do so with botw and every Nintendo rpg and action adventure game give you the option to change avatar name and same goes other rpgs from 3rd party games too which determines this is not proper rpg legend of Zelda game anymore
    Yeah this is clearly not a proper Zelda game, great insight :rolleyes:

Smertrius wrote: »

It's a shame that we can't in this one.

some dlc isn't worth to get master sword side quest in the previous legend of zelda game we got the master sword side quest for free paying for master sword side quest seems unfair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

It's a shame that we can't in this one.

Changing links name in "link's awakening" is just plain odd though.

Seems like an odd thing to want to change. Then again in any game where there isn't a default name for protagonist I end up using 'Link' :)

Advertisement