Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Grassey wrote: »
    Changing links name in "link's awakening" is just plain odd though.

Seems like an odd thing to want to change. Then again in any game where there isn't a default name for protagonist I end up using 'Link' :)

I started changing out one letter in Link's name when I was a kid. Adventures of Lunk, Lonk, Pink etc. Tried Wind Waker with Linc and that was the end of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I never changed it from the default setting, and that's been the way in every RPG where I've had such a choice.
    That said, I have had friends (honestly, I have) who choose something obscene or juvenile, just for the giggle to be had when the Princess is addressing "asscheek" or "butthole" etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

That reminds me, in Twilight Princess you can change the name of your horse.
    Gives the perfect opportunity to make jokes about yer ma!

toohard.jpg

hmmm.jpg

takeback.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Rhyme wrote: »
    I started changing out one letter in Link's name when I was a kid. Adventures of Lunk, Lonk, Pink etc. Tried Wind Waker with Linc and that was the end of it.

Got an unreasonable amount of amusement out of the idea of 'Wake up Lonk'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

keane2097 wrote: »
    Got an unreasonable amount of amusement out of the idea of 'Wake up Lonk'.

The true hero, Lonk, on his trusty steed Epeepny who has defeated Ginnyderp with the help of Princess Zorlda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I used to normally leave Link's name as it is, but as years went on, I started feeling like changing Link's name.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

The_B_Man wrote: »
    That reminds me, in Twilight Princess you can change the name of your horse.
    Gives the perfect opportunity to make jokes about yer ma!

toohard.jpg

hmmm.jpg

takeback.jpg

But you're playing the game, so it's your ma the whole of Hyrule is talking about...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

NEW Zelda: BotW Secret Discovered! The 7 Monks in the Trial of the Sword Match the 7 Sages!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oBKTeVGiZIk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Inviere

The ability to rename Link in previous Zelda games fit with Nintendo's then notion of the player not playing as a set character, but as themselves. BotW has moved away from that notion, as we do indeed play as Link.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I have approx 200 hrs clocked up with all divine beasts defeated and all memories collected. I'm basically scooting around looking for the last 25 shrines, final couple of side quests, and ~100 korok seeds before I head in to defeat Gannon.

Is it worth me getting the expansion pack now or should I wait until I complete the main game? Does it make any difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

IMO if you are getting the DLC anyway I'd get it now and do The Champions' Ballad alongside the final shrines et al before defeating Ganon.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

sligeach wrote: »
    NEW Zelda: BotW Secret Discovered! The 7 Monks in the Trial of the Sword Match the 7 Sages!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oBKTeVGiZIk

the sages were different with every previous Zelda game

in twilight princess they were all men

in botw they are champions, zelda and gannon

in ocarina of time they ruto, zelda, Rauru, saria, darunia, impa, nabooru,

a link to the past are
    Seven Wise Men

wind waker they are Makar and rito.

spirit tracks are Lokomos

a link between worlds

Gulley
    Impa
    Irene
    Oren
    Osfala
    Rosso
    Seres

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I have approx 200 hrs clocked up with all divine beasts defeated and all memories collected. I'm basically scooting around looking for the last 25 shrines, final couple of side quests, and ~100 korok seeds before I head in to defeat Gannon.

Is it worth me getting the expansion pack now or should I wait until I complete the main game? Does it make any difference?

Scrap that. Apparently there are 900 korok seeds to find, so I actually need to collect another 700 odd. Balls to that.

botw is missing changing name of the protagonist code which is an option to do in every legend of Zelda game except botw and other action adventure rpg games. Changing name of the protagonist code seems necessary for legend of Zelda game series why was it missing. But botw name of the protagonist code seems it was given to your pet instead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Smertrius wrote: »
    botw is missing changing name of the protagonist code which is an option to do in every legend of Zelda game except botw and other action adventure rpg games. changing name of the protagonist code seems necessary for legend of Zelda game why was it missing

I presume because this Legend of Zelda has voice acting in its cutscenes... which specifically mention Link. It would be impossible to allow you to name your own character and also have voice acting scenes as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

botw is missing changing name of the protagonist code which is an option to do in every legend of Zelda game except botw and other action adventure rpg games. Changing name of the protagonist code seems necessary for legend of Zelda game series why was it missing. But botw name of the protagonist code seems it was given to your pet instead of you.

It's one of the best games ever made and that's what you choose to highlight? The missing ability to change your hero's name?

You are playing as Link in Hyrule. You have to defeat Gannon and save Zelda.

Don't let the lack of ability to rename Link to "Bob" put a downer on the game for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Inviere

i felt the hero clothes were missing through most of the game, the champion tunic isn't hero clothes from my point of view and then once i complete the 120 shrines i got the hero clothes as reward when i should have got from impa at beginning instead i got them at end of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Actually just got this game last month and after six billion hours, finally running outta "big" things to do. That said, it has yet to stop being fun to just run around and scream "c'mere ye bollix" at every Guardian and Lynel that decked me in the early game.

The lack of enemy variety is a bit disappointing, but it's made up for in some part by the Lynels, that never cease to intimidating irrespective of how much stronger one has gotten throughout the game.

in every zelda game link's home was free so why i paying for my house in botw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So you don't have to rent. Rent rates in Hyrule are almost as bad as Dublin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Because he doesn't have a home, he's been in an induced coma for 100 years, and where he had lived was destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Star Lord wrote: »
    Because he doesn't have a home, he's been in an induced coma for 100 years, and where he had lived was destroyed.

And even if his home wasn't destroyed, it would be full of bokoblin squatters by now. And given the political climate of the time, bokiblins were most likely favoured over hylians, gerudo, rito, zora and goron in any kind of legal dispute so getting it back would have been very difficult.

Worse still, if the squatting bokoblins kept any red barrels in the house, an accident was inevitable.

I hope next the zelda game doesn't have the hero clothes at the end of the game it has hero clothes at the beginning of the game like previous zelda games before botw, who wants to collect 120 spirit orbs to get hero clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I hope next the zelda game doesn't have the hero clothes at the end of the game it has hero clothes at the beginning of the game like previous zelda games before botw, who wants to collect 120 spirit orbs to get hero clothes.

I know what you mean, but I thought the whole clothes & upgrading them worked well this way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I know what you mean, but I thought the whole clothes & upgrading them worked well this way too.

I agree, apart from a lot of the 'special' clothing, that couldn't be upgraded at all, which was disappointing!

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    tunic of the wild, trousers of the wild and cap of the wild are the hero clothes is reward from completing 120 shrines by the time you have them done its the end of game. I have played every zelda game since the nes and i always have hero clothes at the beginning not the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

tunic of the wild, trousers of the wild and cap of the wild are the hero clothes is reward from completing 120 shrines by the time you have them done its the end of game. I have played every zelda game since the nes and i always have hero clothes at the beginning not the end.

So you're saying the lack of green made you blue?

Anyways, just finished BotW for the first time. Not absolutely perfect, few minor quibbles, but my prevailing sentiment as the credits wound down was "Jesus, how can anything compete with this?!"

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    So you're saying the lack of green made you blue?

Anyways, just finished BotW for the first time. Not absolutely perfect, few minor quibbles, but my prevailing sentiment as the credits wound down was "Jesus, how can anything compete with this?!"

the walkthrough of botw, Wikipedia, zelda website and nintendo website mentions the hero clothes are armour of the wild set, therefore armour of the wild set are the hero clothes and hero clothes are always green not blue

• Advertisement

Advertisement