Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

With all the anticipation surrounding its open-ended gameplay, I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

refilling your health while sleeping in a bed is not new to Zelda i have played this option in the previous legend of Zelda games before botw

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Smertrius wrote: »
    refilling your health while sleeping in a bed is not new to Zelda i have played this option in the previous legend of Zelda games before botw

Nobody said it was new?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Smertrius wrote: »
    Is this a bot or something? :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mod Note:
    We should all understand that this is an inclusive forum for people of all ages, experience and backgrounds.

We also should know that not everyone has the same challenges and capacity thereof in how to negotiate what the world throws at us.

In this regard, unless actually offensive, people should give each other a broad pass, when a user has pointed out that some things pose particular difficulties for them.

The thing to remember, rather, is that which we have in common, namely that Nintendo hardware and software is worth talking about, this forum has held that torch aloft from good times to not-so-good times and back again, so let's keep that going!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There's only 15 main quests? Would I be right in saying it takes about fifty hours for the main story and up too 100 for main and all side quests?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Finished the Champion's Ballad yesterday. It's a chunky enough DLC in fairness although they could have probably done a bit better than
    a repeat of fighting the four blights again
    . Some good puzzles etc though.

Not sure how much I'm interested in the Master Sword challenge. Have tried it a couple of times and found it a bit annoying. Might give it a go and take a break for a while if it doesn't grab me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild | Game Boy Color De-Make

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exwdh57hGCI

This is pretty cool.

The intro at 0:55 is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭Inviere

Brilliant stuff. The author is charging $5+ for all of the assets used in the video, a tad cheeky making money off of an IP like that though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Inviere wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff. The author is charging $5+ for all of the assets used in the video, a tad cheeky making money off of an IP like that though.

Surely Nintendo will slap him with lawsuit?

Nintendo's lawyers right now:

MMjqz.gif

A c&d is very likely en route I'd imagine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't they usually wait until the game is finished or nearly finished? Like that Metroid 2 remake and the Zelda movie.
    Think they just go with the "Ah sure they'll get bored making it" mentality. I remember there were Ocarina of Time and Metroid Prime 2D games in development and didn't hear much about them after a while

New Breath Of The Wild Glitch Lets You Instantly Recharge Runes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hGIyrVZFDZ4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

It seems there's a whole other world of Zelda BOTW that I wasn't aware of!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1506710107/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Super price for the BOTW art book that's been released late this year. I think it's been available in Japan since last year.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-art-book-coming-in-novemb/1100-6459081/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I have this on the Wii U. It's stupid of me to want this digitally on the Switch just so I can dip in and out whenever right?

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I have this on the Wii U. It's stupid of me to want this digitally on the Switch just so I can dip in and out whenever right?

Yes. No way could I start this game over again and sink 100's of hours into it. Maybe in 10 or 20 years time, at which point it'll probably be a VC game on the Nintendo Earth or whatever system is around. It's the same with Hyrule Warriors that came out on Friday for the Switch, I've got it on Wii U, that's a massive time sinkhole, I just couldn't face starting that all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

You're probably right. I'll just keep the Wii U gamepad to hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

i'm thinking about getting it for the Switch - sunk about 100 hours into the Wii U version, avoiding going for total completion or any DLC as I knew attempting any more would risk total Zelda burnout! Plus by leaving a few areas, temples, etc... untouched there will at least be a few surprises if you go for a 2nd time around.

OSI wrote: »
    I put about 100 hours into on the PC (shooosh) before buying it and starting again for the Switch.

I'm the other way around, played through it on the Switch (loved it)....then seen the difference running it on the pc can make (1080p+, 60fps, etc). I don't think I could go back to playing it on the Switch for the next playthrough,, the game is utterly gorgeous when freed of hardware restraints

There's just too many caveats when playing it on PC. It looks beautiful as hell, and the butter smooth playback is great, but:

About to take on one of the Divine Beasts? Have to disable 60FPS or the end battle will glitch.

Got a quest that requires using the camera? Have to force a specific fix or the camera won't work at all, and now textures look funny if you approach them from certain angles.

Anything requiring motion controls is a total PITA as well.

There are some caveats still, I'll grant that. The camera is fixed with the gx2drawdone setting as far as I know, and while this costs ~5fps, it still is buttery smooth compared to running it on the Switch. Motion controls are a PITA regardless :D Cemu is improving ALL the time, and by the time I'm ready for another playthrough, I'd imagine there'll be no adjustments to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'm the other way around, played through it on the Switch (loved it)....then seen the difference running it on the pc can make (1080p+, 60fps, etc). I don't think I could go back to playing it on the Switch for the next playthrough,, the game is utterly gorgeous when freed of hardware restraints

AMAZING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...it still is buttery smooth compared to running it on the Switch.**

** So long as you have a powerful enough CPU, GPU and loads of RAM

I bought both the Wii U and Switch versions of the game, so I don't feel bad trying it on the PC. I've a fairly decent PC, with an i5 4690k, 16GB RAM and a 4GB GTX970, and it runs nowhere near as smoothly as that video. BSoD Gaming does make great videos on how to optimise everything for it, which I've followed. It runs great, but nowhere near as well as his very modern, very powerful system.

Star Lord wrote: »

Of course, I should have added that :)
    I bought both the Wii U and Switch versions of the game, so I don't feel bad trying it on the PC. I've a fairly decent PC, with an i5 4690k, 16GB RAM and a 4GB GTX970, and it runs nowhere near as smoothly as that video. BSoD Gaming does make great videos on how to optimise everything for it, which I've followed. It runs great, but nowhere near as well as his very modern, very powerful system.

I'm the same, I've a Wii U copy, a Switch copy, and a Ltd Ed. Switch copy...so I'll be damned if someone tries to make me feel guilty for playing it on the pc :D As for specs, I've a 7700k, 16GB ram, & a 1070...so I do get the buttery smooth framrates that BSoD Gaming gets (great channel btw). This obviously scales downwards when the specs are dialed back, but that's the same for all emulation of modern systems really.

There's just too many caveats when playing it on PC. It looks beautiful as hell, and the butter smooth playback is great, but:

About to take on one of the Divine Beasts? Have to disable 60FPS or the end battle will glitch.

Got a quest that requires using the camera? Have to force a specific fix or the camera won't work at all, and now textures look funny if you approach them from certain angles.

Anything requiring motion controls is a total PITA as well.
    I put 100 hours in in CEMU and didnt encounter any of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Star Lord wrote: »

If you don't mind me asking how much would this cost?

How much approx would a PC running the quality in the video clip cost?

Maxpfizer wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking how much would this cost?

How much approx would a PC running the quality in the video clip cost?

Oh, about 900 Korok seeds. Here's a map to help you get started. :pac:
    bg6rof9xrzmy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

sligeach wrote: »
    <Korok Seeds Map>

Now that is one big pile of shit.

Advertisement