Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick through the eyes of a Scottish footballer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

WTF did i just read?! What was that guy on? Seriously!

Is this the Scottish version of Waterford Whispers?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

Obviously grossly exaggerated but a few grains of truth there nonetheless.

There are far, far too many horse in urban areas in Limerick. It shouldn't be allowed, end of story. And the bad reaction when the police remove the horses is again very much true.

Some of that article is hilarious though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

I e-mailed The Record:

To whom it concerns,

I am a supporter of Limerick FC who hails from the village of Bruff. I am taking the time to write to you because I take massive offence to your article with Jordan Moore. (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/haunted-nun-ghost-threatened-gangsters-8184468#ICID=sharebar_twitter#rMYGzpdsIA2FwfcU.97)

It is a web of lies from start to finish and I am genuinely disappointed that a publication such as yours would publish such a piece without attempting to verify the 'details' of Jordan's fanciful fairy tale.

I could go through the article pretty much line by line and disprove it and I will be happy to if you were willing to allow me the right to reply on your pages. For now however I will settle for addressing some of the more preposterous of his frankly bizarre assertions.

1) “I stayed in an old convent. The front garden was a graveyard."

He did stay in an old convent. It was also once a secondary school. It is not a graveyard. Did young Master Moore provide a photograph to back up his story? Of course he didn't.

2) “I remember a guy getting a treadmill in the place and he said to me: ‘If that gets broken you are going back in a f****** box’.
    “I was kind of laughing as I looked at him but he was being deadly serious!"

I can't disprove this part but given the shameful physical condition Jordan presented himself in I'd have worried about any treadmill forced to endure his fleshy physique too!

3) "There was one pub there but the guy who ran it was a big-time gangster so it was a case of if you went in, you didn’t go back in again."

Bruff, in common with pretty much every small town in Ireland, is blessed/cursed with an abundance of pubs. I don't know much about Jordan's numeracy of course so I won't speculate on his ability to count.

4) “And it’s so expensive over there. A box of cornflakes was around £5 in the local shop.”

A box of Cornflakes costs nowhere near £5. A 500g box retails for around €2.29 (£1.82). Given that Jordan did an excellent job of impersonating our village idiot for his short stay I'll concede that it's possible somebody was exploiting his apparent lack of common sense.

5). "The locals would jump on the backs of horses and just ride along. There were no cars. Or at least there was more horses than cars."

Once more I would query the standard of Jordan's education. I am 35 years old. I have no recollection of ever seeing hordes of locals riding on horseback through the village of Bruff. I would suggest that Jordan has the same difficulty distinguishing between horses and cars that he has between the back of the net and the roof of the stand. Once more I'm sure he had a wealth of photographic evidence to support his claims?

6). "I didn’t play as much because they had a guy John O’Flynn who played in the English Championship all his life. He played and scored 22 goals in the first 11 games."

John O'Flynn has never played in the English Championship. Never. Not once. And he has scored 18 goals in 13 games. Once more Jordan's figures are found wanting. And his inclination to lie about anything and everything becomes even more pronounced.

In summation, Jordan came, he waddled lethargically around pitches to absolutely no productive means. He looked hopelessly out of his depth even at a level as far removed from the top of the game as our own. He's a waster and a liar who is showing a lack of class and basic decency to a club who gave him an opportunity when nobody else would touch him. His career in writing fiction should yield him far more success than his shambolic, failed attempts at being a footballer. He will not be missed.

Sincerely,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

His excuse that his comments were 'taken out of context' is what makes me laugh most..

There are some very specific allegations there to be out of context!

Limerick fc have issued a response this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stonehall9

He must have forgot about all the leprechaun's running around cursing him with bad luck😠The only career that lad has is telling stories to kids, Eddie Lenihan could take him on as an apprentice!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

At least we wouldn't vote no.

Advertisement