Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scramble to get into lane for N6

Options
  • 14-06-2016 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

What the hell is wrong with Galway drivers dangerously pushing their way into the left hand lane between the Briar Hill traffic lights and the N6 roundabout?
    There are 3 options to get onto the N6
    1. Be in the left hand lane of the dual carriage way.
    2. Stay in the right lane and go around the roundabout - adds a few seconds to your commute home
    3. Stay in the right lane and move across to the left lane after the N6 on ramp and then take exit 1 off the roundabout.

Drivers push their way into an already crowded left lane forcing people to throw out the anchor. There are other options - you will get home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

People are idiots.

You see people flying past you on the M6, then if you've a toll tag and they don't you just pass them at the toll plaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Or people coming from Parkmore towards the Carnmore road and taking the right side of the right turn lane(because its less busy) and then going across 2 lanes to get to the motorway holding up everyone behind them because they couldn't sit in the correct lane at the start. I've seen the same cars do this so regularly it's unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Or the stream of cars every morning coming off the motorway and turning right, using both the left and right lanes, blocking cars coming across from Galway Clinic from getting onto the motorway.

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Or people coming from Parkmore towards the Carnmore road and taking the right side of the right turn lane(because its less busy) and then going across 2 lanes to get to the motorway holding up everyone behind them because they couldn't sit in the correct lane at the start. I've seen the same cars do this so regularly it's unbelievable.

This is constantly happening. Common practice across Galway City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

J o e wrote: »
    Or the stream of cars every morning coming off the motorway and turning right, using both the left and right lanes, blocking cars coming across from Galway Clinic from getting onto the motorway.

I agree, that is irritating. :mad:
    But I guess they figure they will get 'trapped' in the right lane and no one will let them move across to the left lane. It's a preemptive strike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

It's quite easily solved. Extend that splitter island to reduce the roundabout to 1 lane for going right. There is no legitimate reason for any car to be driving through that area (marked in red).

389122.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement