Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not happy with where my master socket is located

Options
  • 14-06-2016 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi,today i got efibre installed in a new build,the master socket(installed today by eircom engineer) was located in a room at the end of the house(think it was because thats where the wire was coming in from outside) was told that i'd be able to get good speeds anywhere in the house,this is not the case.
    two questions: 1.the house hasn't been fully connected up in regards the phone  socket extensions in every room,will it work if  i just plug the new efibre modem into one of the extension sockets(there will be no need to move the master socket if that works)
    2.if the above wont work,can i get the enginner out to move the master socket at no extra cost? i'm within my 14 day cooling off period and at the present moment would not be happy with the service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

It may work in the other sockets but will more than likely affect the speeds and cause intermittent drops.
    No Eir will not send someone out to move the socket location as they only install to the main socket which is where the main line comes into the house. All other sockets are your issue.
    Was it kn or open Eir who did the install?
    Are you a eir customer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

areo wrote: »
    hi,today i got efibre installed in a new build,the master socket(installed today by eircom engineer) was located in a room at the end of the house(think it was because thats where the wire was coming in from outside) was told that i'd be able to get good speeds anywhere in the house,this is not the case.
    two questions: 1.the house hasn't been fully connected up in regards the phone  socket extensions in every room,will it work if  i just plug the new efibre modem into one of the extension sockets(there will be no need to move the master socket if that works)
    2.if the above wont work,can i get the enginner out to move the master socket at no extra cost? i'm within my 14 day cooling off period and at the present moment would not be happy with the service
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]areo,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with where the master is located. The master socket will be installed into the home within 3 metres of where the line is coming into your house. I can understand your frustration with this however I’m afraid eir would not provide internal wiring. If you are unhappy with the location and would like to have the socket moved an electrician will be able to help you with this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement