Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify culprit?

Options
  • 14-06-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Any idea what's eating the outside layer off this pepper plant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A slug?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Yes I thought slugs too, but unlike every other plant that's been attacked by slugs, this pot has no leaf damage or snail trails.
    There is no evidence of slugs which is why I think it's something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

:D they are sneaky fellows slugs. You need to have a look around the bottoms of your pots and in the general area as there is one there by the looks of it. I have always found that they will never be under the pot of the damaged plant, but under a nearby one. They can squeeze into very small spaces and like a bit of damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Oldtree wrote: »
    :D They can squeeze into very small spaces.

You're not kidding! I've converted a wheelie bin into a compost bin.
    I have seen slugs escape from under the closed lid , even with a brick on top of the lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Eve222

I noticed your plant is in a pot. If it's a snail you could try putting Vaseline around the top half of the pot, that should stop them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement