Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone flying out to the legion around August 2nd?

• 14-06-2016 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Have my plane ticket booked for August 2nd anyone else going around that time? Be nice to have someone to talk to while going trough selection. I know I'll make new friends over there but still it would be nice if someone from Ireland was joining same time as I am.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jake_98

Jake_98 wrote: »
    Have my plane ticket booked for August 2nd anyone else going around that time? Be nice to have someone to talk to while going trough selection. I know I'll make new friends over there but still it would be nice if someone from Ireland was joining same time as I am.

I'm going solo so it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭schtinggg

Best of luck my man. Légionnaire un jour, légionnaire toujours. Hope you find what you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jake_98

schtinggg wrote: »
    Best of luck my man. Légionnaire un jour, légionnaire toujours. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Luckily enough I'm after getting me interview for defence forces and hopefully will get in so I might have to re-think the FFL waste off 50 Euro for a plane ticket lol

right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

Jake_98 wrote: »
    Luckily enough I'm after getting me interview for defence forces and hopefully will get in so I might have to re-think the FFL waste off 50 Euro for a plane ticket lol

I think there may be a somewhat steep learning curve ahead. The Legion is not known for tolerating laid back attitudes to joining. But best of luck to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

Jake_98 wrote:

A friend of mine joined back in 1990, last time I saw him was around 94, changed man. Best of luck.

Well, did you get into the Irish DF (with your immaculately timed call for interview)?????
    Or did you just nancy out of going to France?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Kat1170

He's now a Major-Commandant, or a Commandant-Major, passed out as a Loo'tennant. I hear the Force Commander UNIFIL is looking over his shoulder nervously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Waestrel wrote: »
    I think there may be a somewhat steep learning curve ahead. The Legion is not known for tolerating laid back attitudes to joining. But best of luck to you

Yup, 'specially if he's actually signed anything.....

tac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

would be nice to hear from the lad. Hope all went well for him

• Advertisement
Advertisement