Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

View marked exam?

• 14-06-2016 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In short, if they allow it for one paper for one person, they have to allow it for all candidates for all papers and it would cost a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mataxor

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes and it costs a fortune. Less candidates, less exams, less papers in the Leaving. They certainly won't be doing it any time soon for the Junior under its present structure.

Everything boils down to money. The so called new Junior where teachers will be made mark their own students for no extra pay, it's all about cutting costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

And realistically a Leaving Cert exam being marked incorrectly will likely have an impact on someone's future as regards college, they have an excuse to want to see that their papers are correctly marked. A Junior Cert exam being marked incorrectly might be annoying but it won't impact on anyone's life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Just wondering can you get a look at the papers anywhere after the exam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

Just wondering can you get a look at the papers anywhere after the exam

The question papers themselves, examinations.ie, a particular day's exams go up around 6pm or 7pm.

The marking schemes and aural tapes, they go up on the same site on results day.

Your actual marked scripts, can never be seen again at Junior Cert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

danm14 wrote: »
    And realistically a Leaving Cert exam being marked incorrectly will likely have an impact on someone's future as regards college, they have an excuse to want to see that their papers are correctly marked. A Junior Cert exam being marked incorrectly might be annoying but it won't impact on anyone's life.

Yes and tbh I don't care if I don't get to see my correct Junior Cert papers because I know what I got wrong :pac:.

Advertisement