Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Point ID on HKC SW8/12

Options
  • 14-06-2016 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Any help much appreciated.
    I had to remove 2 x suspected faulty point ID sensors from my setup (P61 and P68).
    I used "remove Devices" in the device menu and the bogus alarm activations stopped :-).
    A while later I bought 2 x new sensors and installed them etc. but I cannot seem to get them to ID assign.
    When I go to Add&ID devices - > Z6 Devs ->Add&ID P60..69 -> yes the system scans Z6 and finds the 10 devices and reports 8 assigned...all makes sense so far
    but....the instructions tell me to close the tamper to assign a new device. When I do this nothing seems to happen at all.
    what am I doing wrong? or have I now got 2 x new faulty sensors
    LED on the sensor is flashing (turns off for half a second every 4 seconds)
    The original point names etc. are still configured for P61 and P68

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Manister wrote: »
    Any help much appreciated.
    I had to remove 2 x suspected faulty point ID sensors from my setup (P61 and P68).
    I used "remove Devices" in the device menu and the bogus alarm activations stopped :-).
    A while later I bought 2 x new sensors and installed them etc. but I cannot seem to get them to ID assign.
    When I go to Add&ID devices - > Z6 Devs ->Add&ID P60..69 -> yes the system scans Z6 and finds the 10 devices and reports 8 assigned...all makes sense so far
    but....the instructions tell me to close the tamper to assign a new device. When I do this nothing seems to happen at all.
    what am I doing wrong? or have I now got 2 x new faulty sensors
    LED on the sensor is flashing (turns off for half a second every 4 seconds)
    The original point names etc. are still configured for P61 and P68

When you id the sensor are you scrolling to the devices point, p.61 before iding the sensor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Manister

yes, it shows P61 Has no Id, I hit "Yes" button and it scans (only for a few seconds) and comes back with 10 devices found and 8 identified...no opportunity to go and click the tamper on the point id

yes, it shows P61 Has no Id, I hit "Yes" button and it scans (only for a few seconds) and comes back with 10 devices found and 8 identified...no opportunity to go and click the tamper on the point id

When you scan its comes back with 10 devices found.
    Then it should say close tamper to id and you scroll to point 61, go to this device and close the lid to activate the tamper to id onto the system.

Thanks Altor,
    You pointed me in the right direction!! It was the sequence of activating the sensor tamper and scrolling to the correct P#

For P61, I have a funny feeling that I originally may have closed the tamper when the RKP asked me to...without scrolling to P61...therefore I was trying to assign the new id sensor to P60 which already had one assigned. I don't think the Software in the panel likes this too much as the only way I could fix that was to remove P60 as well as P61, power down both the sensors and go through a new scan to "blank" them. I then powered them up and did another scan. I then was able to add P60 and thereafter P61 as per your instructions.

I thought I was on a roll then and tried the same procedure for P68...no joy :-(

After a lot of troubleshooting I found that the new sensor that I was using for P68 had a tamper switch that was not working (it even feels different to the others so possibly mechanically kaput)

I had a spare and swapped them out...all ok now

Hopefully no more spurious alarms from these two id sensors.

Thanks again for your help!!

For anyone else who needs to replace an ID sensor the step by step procedure that worked for me is: (example for P61)
    1. Remove the sensor from the configuration
    Devices menu -> Remove Devices -> remove Z6 devs -> Remove P60..69 -> yes
    scroll to P61 and hit yes and yes again to confirm that you want to remove P61

2. Physically swap out the device, being very careful not to short out the 12v cores!

3. Add the new sensor to the configuration
    Devices Menu -> Add&ID Devices -> Add Z6 devs -> Add & ID P60..69 -> yes
    wait for scanning to complete and the new device should be picked up as yet unidentified, message on screen to close tamper (do not close the tamper at this point!)
    At this point scroll to P61 and THEN close the tamper

Now it should be setup correctly

• Advertisement

Thanks Altor,
    You pointed me in the right direction!! It was the sequence of activating the sensor tamper and scrolling to the correct P#

For P61, I have a funny feeling that I originally may have closed the tamper when the RKP asked me to...without scrolling to P61...therefore I was trying to assign the new id sensor to P60 which already had one assigned. I don't think the Software in the panel likes this too much as the only way I could fix that was to remove P60 as well as P61, power down both the sensors and go through a new scan to "blank" them. I then powered them up and did another scan. I then was able to add P60 and thereafter P61 as per your instructions.

I thought I was on a roll then and tried the same procedure for P68...no joy :-(

After a lot of troubleshooting I found that the new sensor that I was using for P68 had a tamper switch that was not working (it even feels different to the others so possibly mechanically kaput)

I had a spare and swapped them out...all ok now

Hopefully no more spurious alarms from these two id sensors.

Thanks again for your help!!

Glad you got it sorted.
    If the tamper input was loose on a device it would also prevent it from enrolling.

You dont need to un-enroll any other device to add the new sensor.

altor wrote: »
    Glad you got it sorted.
    If the tamper input was loose on a device it would also prevent it from enrolling.

You dont need to un-enroll any other device to add the new sensor.

Thanks for the tip re un-enrolling. Will try that next time!
    I checked the jumper for the external tamper but it was firmly tight. When I compared the onboard Spring tampers to others I could hear an audible clicking sound when activated, the P68 one felt very soft on activation and did not have a clicking sound.

Thanks for the tip re un-enrolling. Will try that next time!
    I checked the jumper for the external tamper but it was firmly tight. When I compared the onboard Spring tampers to others I could hear an audible clicking sound when activated, the P68 one felt very soft on activation and did not have a clicking sound.

Id say something was wrong with it alright.
    Yes, you should hear a little click if it was working correctly.

Advertisement