Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir mobile voicemail?

• 14-06-2016 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I notice that now when I ring my partner, and vice-versa, instead of getting voicemail we always (or at least almost always) seem to get the "the person you are dialling cannot be reached just now. Please try again later" message. It would be good to have reliable voicemail.
    We're both on android marshmallow. 
    In the call settings on mine, the radio button for >>voice-mail>>your service provider is checked.
    Do I also need to add a number in the Setup option?  I can't find anything on the eir site that is obvious.

And I have dialled 171 and followed the instructions and it tells me that the mailbox is activated, but I still get the same message.
    I'd be grateful for any helpful advice.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

As far as I am aware you need to ring them on 1901 and ask them to activate it, at least thats what you have to do with meteor which is in essence the same company

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cscook

Yes, but the thing is it used to work. We've been with them for years. We haven't changed anything, and aren't sure exactly when voicemail stopped functioning reliably. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

cscook wrote: »
    Yes, but the thing is it used to work. We've been with them for years. We haven't changed anything, and aren't sure exactly when voicemail stopped functioning reliably. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Try ringing them anyway and asking them am sure they can sort it out quickly for you once they know about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I notice that now when I ring my partner, and vice-versa, instead of getting voicemail we always (or at least almost always) seem to get the "the person you are dialling cannot be reached just now. Please try again later" message. It would be good to have reliable voicemail.
    We're both on android marshmallow. 
    In the call settings on mine, the radio button for >>voice-mail>>your service provider is checked.
    Do I also need to add a number in the Setup option?  I can't find anything on the eir site that is obvious.

And I have dialled 171 and followed the instructions and it tells me that the mailbox is activated, but I still get the same message.
    I'd be grateful for any helpful advice.

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cscook,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Would you like to PM me your mobile number and pin and I can check if your voicemail is activated.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Sent a PM. Thanks

• Advertisement

Sent a PM. Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cscook,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm just going through my PM's now and will be back to you shortly. [/font]

Super - that's mine fixed, now just to get my partner's also resolved.
    Thanks so much.

Super - that's mine fixed, now just to get my partner's also resolved.
    Thanks so much.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cscook  [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]more than happy to help[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] :) [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭normanbond

How to I change my voicemail message on Eir mobile to the standard one...
    eg. The person at 085xxxxxx cannot take your call right now, please leave a message etc.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

normanbond wrote: »
    How to I change my voicemail message on Eir mobile to the standard one...
    eg. The person at 085xxxxxx cannot take your call right now, please leave a message etc.......
    Hi normanbond,

You will need to dial 171.

When asked to enter your password and go to the main menu.

Press 4 for personal options.

To go to the greeting, press 3.

Follow the spoken prompts.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NurseBridie

My partner's eir voicemail is not working since he switched from bill pay to pay as you go. Has the voicemail being switched off, how does he get it switched back on? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

My partner's eir voicemail is not working since he switched from bill pay to pay as you go. Has the voicemail being switched off, how does he get it switched back on? 
    Hi NurseBridie, 

If you get your partner to contact us here we can look into this. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement