Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 3 available @ €399 + delivery

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Ordered my soft gold version 64gb today😀. I paid for the shipping as I've been waiting months for the right colour. Patient as I am happy with my one plus one but giving it to my Dad😸. Due to arrive on the 11th and its going to be beautiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Batesout wrote: »
    If you put your Oneplus order number in the DHL tracking

No tried that and just checked again there now to be sure and neither my order number that appears when i log in to "MyOrders" section on the Oneplus website or the order number that comes in the email work.

Anyway it has left Brussels now this am on its travels around Europe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

Next stop is gatwick then Dublin, you will have it Monday or Tuesday ,worth the wait

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Whats the bargain?what price was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

bigpink wrote: »

I think the bargain is in respect to other phones of similar spec.

This is a flagship phone for the price of mid range phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

bigpink wrote: »

It's not really as the OnePlus 3 isn't even available anymore but talk of delivery timescales etc is banned on the thread in the Android forum so they divert it over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Sono

Ordered the 64gb white one earlier, looks a great phone for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

adox wrote: »
    I think the bargain is in respect to other phones of similar spec.

This is a flagship phone for the price of mid range phone.

I wouldn't call a 440 euro phone a mid range price, mid range these days is more around €200.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭davo2001

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I wouldn't call a 440 euro phone a mid range price, mid range these days is more around €200.

Cheap is €300 and under, mid range is €300-€500(ish), top is €800+ (basic iPhone7 STARTS at €779)

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »
    Cheap is €300 and under, mid range is €300-€500(ish), top is €800+ (basic iPhone7 STARTS at €779)

I'd class the Moto G4 as a mid range phone @180 euro.

Thread title needs to be changed to one plus 3T €440.

What are one plus like when there's a problem with the phone?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭Horace Cope

jamesd wrote: »
    I'm tempted to move from my 6s+ to the 3T due to the dual sim, worried about the company that makes the oneplus custom android closing though ?
    The whole lot is very murky.
    Take OnePlus themselves - as regards their ownership, they say
    "OnePlus is a separately run company [to OPPO - the world's 4th largest phone manufacturer] BUT does share common investors with OPPO.
    OPPO Electronic is an investment company that invests in both OPPO Mobile and OnePlus." ..... mmm, yes two completely independent companies, whatever..

Steve Kondik who was Cyanogenmod - and was paid by companies like OnePlus and Wileyfox (amongst others) to design their UI, was "absorbed" (merged whatever term you want to substitute) by Cyanogen Inc. Now that Cyangoen Inc has been dissolved, CyanogenMod has gone back independent as LineageOS so will probably be up for rent by any aspiring company. But at this stage, OnePlus has built it's one UI Oxygen, as are Wileyfox building their own UI, so not sure if there is a dependence on LineageOS (cyanogenmod).

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

thinking of ditching my Galaxy Note 4 for one of these. My biggest concern is the battery and camera. Is it worth ditching my note for. Or would it be worth hanging on til June to see what the next model might be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

ImARebel wrote: »
    thinking of ditching my Galaxy Note 4 for one of these. My biggest concern is the battery and camera. Is it worth ditching my note for. Or would it be worth hanging on til June to see what the next model might be?

the 3T is an awesome phone, however i believe there is another model called the 5 scheduled to come out in late June.

Ordered last Friday, just got a text from DHL it will be delivered this Friday, great turn around time.

the 3T is an awesome phone, however i believe there is another model called the 5 scheduled to come out in late June.

I might hang in so. I'm not in a rush and the battery would definitely concern me. Thanks for replying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Will hold out for the 5. Hopefully have wireless charging and larger battery capacity or some-such.

Bigger battery in the 5 and I'd be sold.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

I might hang in so. I'm not in a rush and the battery would definitely concern me. Thanks for replying

You're probably better off waiting for the better model if you're not in a rush, because why not.

But I've been pretty impressed with the battery life so far, not to mention the crazy fast charging.

I sprung for a dash charger for the car, and even on short trips, it tops up my battery loads.

Battery is barely a concern for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I have the 3T for about a month now. The fast charging is great, but battery life is very poor. I guess I'm a heavy user but I wouldn't get a full day out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

I'm a real heavy user, I find the battery great, say I'm getting home about 6, the battery is 50% stick it on the dash for 15 minutes and wham ready to go with full charge. It's brilliant.

emo72 wrote: »
    I'm a real heavy user, I find the battery great, say I'm getting home about 6, the battery is 50% stick it on the dash for 15 minutes and wham ready to go with full charge. It's brilliant.
    The battery is great, plus the fast charging is so handy, can't believe it charges in 30 mins.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Bigger battery in the 5 and I'd be sold.

According to recent reports de 5 doesn't appear to have a larger battery

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭the goon

Gas.I ordered Tues Jan 3rd and havent heard a peep yet. Checked website and it hasnt even shipped. Just wondering did you pay for priority postage?
    Sono wrote: »
    Ordered last Friday, just got a text from DHL it will be delivered this Friday, great turn around time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

mcgovern wrote: »
    I have the 3T for about a month now. The fast charging is great, but battery life is very poor. I guess I'm a heavy user but I wouldn't get a full day out of it.

Check which app is taking up the battery.

I am a light user. Whatsapp, messaging, youtube and some browsing like just now.

Last charged my phone 2 days 19 hours back. Stil have around 37% battery left. So easily over 3 days. Which is great.

It's the 3T model I have.

the goon wrote: »
    Gas.I ordered Tues Jan 3rd and havent heard a peep yet. Checked website and it hasnt even shipped. Just wondering did you pay for priority postage?

Ordered on Friday, and shipped from Poland today. Paid for priority post. Due tomorrow 😀

the goon wrote: »

No I just got standard postage, white 64gb phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

What route does it go?

Monday, January 09, 2017 Location Time Piece
    7 Departed Facility in HANNOVER - GERMANY HANNOVER - GERMANY 21:43
    1 Piece
    6 Processed at HANNOVER - GERMANY HANNOVER - GERMANY 19:12
    1 Piece
    5 Departed Facility in POZNAN - POLAND POZNAN - POLAND 11:20
    1 Piece
    4 Processed at POZNAN - POLAND POZNAN - POLAND 07:53
    1 Piece
    3 Arrived at Sort Facility POZNAN - POLAND POZNAN - POLAND 03:48
    1 Piece
    Thursday, January 05, 2017 Location Time Piece
    2 Departed Facility in SZCZECIN - POLAND SZCZECIN - POLAND 15:31
    1 Piece
    1 Shipment picked up SZCZECIN - POLAND 11:43

I seen it goes to Belgium next(i think???) then to Shannon?

DHL says it'll arrive Wednesday but I'm praying for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭garyfleming7

Can anyone help me? Need a new phone but can't decide between The HTC 10 or One Plus 3T. Which is the better phone? Had the HTC M8 for 2 years until it started to slow down and the HTC 10 is now €549.99.

• Advertisement

Can anyone help me? Need a new phone but can't decide between The HTC 10 or One Plus 3T. Which is the better phone? Had the HTC M8 for 2 years until it started to slow down and the HTC 10 is now €549.99.
    While the OPO would be close to many top end phones, I don't think anyone would say its better than one. I would still go Pixel, Sammy S7, HTC10, LG G5, Sony Xperia XZ, and Huawei P9 ahead of it, but the price difference is usually 200-400 euro, so for many, the extra price amount is not worth it.

In your example, the price difference is 100 euro (439 euro for OPO 3t), which is about 20%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Belgium then Ireland. Mine stayed in Belgium for about 24 hours. You should have it within 48 hours though.

Package Progress

Dublin, IE
    01/10/2017 6:28 A.M.
    Out For Delivery
    01/10/2017 6:28 A.M.
    Import Scan
    01/10/2017 5:48 A.M.
    Departure Scan
    01/10/2017 5:10 A.M.
    Arrival Scan
    Koeln, DE
    01/10/2017 3:58 A.M.
    Departure Scan
    Koeln, DE
    01/09/2017 9:28 P.M.
    Arrival Scan
    Gorzow Wielkopolski, PL
    01/09/2017 2:00 P.M.
    Departure Scan
    01/09/2017 11:47 A.M.
    Origin Scan
    PL
    01/09/2017 2:07 A.M.
    Order Processed: Ready for UPS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 Location Time Piece
    14 With delivery courier DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:52
    1 Piece
    Monday, January 09, 2017 Location Time Piece
    13 Arrived at Delivery Facility in DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 17:06
    1 Piece
    12 Arrived at Sort Facility DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 16:53
    1 Piece
    Saturday, January 07, 2017 Location Time Piece
    11 Departed Facility in GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 05:44
    1 Piece
    Friday, January 06, 2017 Location Time Piece
    10 Processed at GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 22:37
    1 Piece
    9 Arrived at Sort Facility GATWICK - UK GATWICK - UK 12:14
    1 Piece
    8 Departed Facility in BRUSSELS - BELGIUM BRUSSELS - BELGIUM 06:02
    1 Piece
    7 Processed at BRUSSELS - BELGIUM BRUSSELS - BELGIUM 05:20
    1 Piece
    Thursday, January 05, 2017 Location Time Piece
    6 Arrived at Sort Facility HANNOVER - GERMANY HANNOVER - GERMANY 17:23
    1 Piece
    5 Departed Facility in POZNAN - POLAND POZNAN - POLAND 09:00
    1 Piece
    4 Processed at POZNAN - POLAND POZNAN - POLAND 07:43
    1 Piece
    3 Arrived at Sort Facility POZNAN - POLAND POZNAN - POLAND 04:47
    1 Piece
    Wednesday, January 04, 2017 Location Time Piece
    2 Departed Facility in SZCZECIN - POLAND SZCZECIN - POLAND 17:28
    1 Piece
    1 Shipment picked up SZCZECIN - POLAND

While the OPO would be close to many top end phones, I don't think anyone would say its better than one. I would still go Pixel, Sammy S7, HTC10, LG G5, Sony Xperia XZ, and Huawei P9 ahead of it, but the price difference is usually 200-400 euro, so for many, the extra price amount is not worth it.

In your example, the price difference is 100 euro (439 euro for OPO 3t), which is about 20%.

is the Huawei p9 really that good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭garyfleming7

Thanks for the Feed back. HTC 10 is about €110 more expensive but you get a decent pair of headphones in the box too.

Why would you recommend the HTC 10 over One Plus 3t?

Based on spec the 3 T has a better front and back camera (both 16MP v 12MP and 5MP), faster processor, more internal storage(128 GB v 64GB, although HTC can be expanded), Dual sim, bigger screen (not as good resolution in 3T) and better battery 3400 mAh v 3000 mAh.

• Advertisement

However it costs €700euro compared to the one plus €439.The Huawei P9 is a good phone however depending on your requirement, personally speaking i find the one plus better plus its sim free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have a one plus three have had it since the day it came out.

It is a fantasic phone for the money but being honest I am getting a S8 plus or what ever the big Samsung s8 will be called. As I do miss my Samsung.

I could also get a iPhone 7 plus for free from work but still would not take one as the thing does not have fast chargeing.

So if runners are to be ture there will be a 6 inch Samsung s8 and I have no problem paying 750 euros for it.

So if runners are to be ture there will be a 6 inch Samsung s8 and I have no problem paying 750 euros for it.

No contest. I'd buy it too if it was 6 inches. I'm only thinking of dropping from 5.7 as this phone is not great for picking up signal. Everyone around me would have 3 or 4 bars and I'd only have the tiniest bit of a bar on mine
    Staring to annoy me so that's why I was looking to change

Yes, I know someone that got one through Meteor, and it's very impressive - for a manufacturer I traditionally would not touch - I can attribute that begrudgery to the fact that anytime a friend showed me a cheap one they got from one of the lesser carriers, it was always giving problems, running out of memory, crap native apps, troublesome WiFi, ridiculous launcher.

But this phone is very different - though I only played around with it, maybe 1.5 hours one night, maybe 2 hours another, and another 2 hours a third night. Though, you would still have to put Nova launcher or Smart launcher on it in my opinion ;-)

But this review might help you
    https://youtu.be/w1qbw-gzS1Y

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I could also get a iPhone 7 plus for free from work but still would not take one as the thing does not have fast chargeing.

Actually it sort of does and has had for years! You can use an iPad or similar 2.4amp/12w charger and it will charge in less then half the time.

Not quiet the level of OnePlus's awesome Dash charger, but still a lot better.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

bk wrote: »
    Actually it sort of does and has had for years! You can use an iPad or similar 2.4amp/12w charger and it will charge in less then half the time.

Not quiet the level of OnePlus's awesome Dash charger, but still a lot better.

Used to use one going back to my days of when I used to. Own iPhones ;).

Even for free I still won't go near a iPhone 7 plus like there a fantasic looking phone that's about it I hate the OS and the battery is not worth it on them countless issues ha.

But Samsung s8 me thinks I worked about 40 hours of overtime in the last 3 weeks so have the money waiting for it.

Cool story, bro.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I regularly use both iOS and Android and they both have their pros and cons. However there is no way in hell I wouldn't take a free €700 iPhone 7 and instead spend €700 of my own money on a Samsung phone, instead of saying spending the same money on a nice week long holiday somewhere warm and sunny!

Again not that there is anything wrong with Android, but it certainly isn't €700 better then iPhone!

bk wrote: »
    I regularly use both iOS and Android and they both have their pros and cons. However there is no way in hell I wouldn't take a free €700 iPhone 7 and instead spend €700 of my own money on a Samsung phone, instead of saying spending the same money on a nice week long holiday somewhere warm and sunny!

Again not that there is anything wrong with Android, but it certainly isn't €700 better then iPhone!

In your own opinion, what are the biggest pros and cons?

In your own opinion, what are the biggest pros and cons?

Not the appropriate place for this debate, can we at least try to stick to talking about this deal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Any Aliexpress Sellers with Express Shipping to Ireland?(Like Top One where they used DHL to the UK and then DHL to Ireland from there) (Have Coupon for Aliexpress so have to buy from Aliexpress)

Not the appropriate place for this debate, can we at least try to stick to talking about this deal....

I agree, that is why I didn't mention any. Plenty of threads in the Mobile forum to discuss such things.
    Patww79 wrote: »

I assume with most companies the phone remains the property of the company and you have to return it when you get a new one or leave the company.

That is certainly the case for my company and most companies I know of. Your very lucky to get what is basically a €500+ tax free bonus every year!

• Advertisement
Advertisement