Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 3 available @ €399 + delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Is there anyway to use a one4all voucher to buy the OnePlus 3T from their site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

I really doubt it: https://www.one4all.ie/retailer/spend-online.html?p=2

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Put down the 16 digit One-4-All card code as a Visa card no. at checkout, and the CCV2 as the security check. It may go through (not guaranteed- but worth a shot). The checksum on a One-4-All card is for a Visa Debit card- so there is no reason it wouldn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Put down the 16 digit One-4-All card code as a Visa card no. at checkout, and the CCV2 as the security check. It may go through (not guaranteed- but worth a shot). The checksum on a One-4-All card is for a Visa Debit card- so there is no reason it wouldn't work.

This wont work, no expiry date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 justahuman

Did any of ye who bought the 3T buy it through the website oneplus.net? Is it reliable? Wikipedia and google suggest their customer service is god awful.

If I buy through the website how long will it take to get to me? Don't want to be waiting around a month.

Also: (stupid question but I'd like to hear any answers) am I better off spending 60 Euro more and getting an iPhone se?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

justahuman wrote: »
    Did any of ye who bought the 3T buy it through the website oneplus.net? Is it reliable? Wikipedia and google suggest their customer service is god awful.

If I buy through the website how long will it take to get to me? Don't want to be waiting around a month.

It will give you an ETA when you go through the order process.

It's the official site of the manufacturer so the best place to order from if you want one.

Any who bought it regret it or have any trouble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

You wont find a better for cheaper

Bought it. If it's ****e or never arrives I'll be back on here to moan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Also: (stupid question but I'd like to hear any answers) am I better off spending 60 Euro more and getting an iPhone se?

I have an iPhone se for work, it's a shiite horrible clunky simpletons phone, I'd give anything for a Oneplus 3T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

justahuman wrote:

justahuman wrote:

justahuman wrote:

I ordered one last Tuesday night late, it arrived Thursday morning 9am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I ordered one last Tuesday night late, it arrived Thursday morning 9am

Did you order normal or priority shipping? Mine shipped last Thursday, standard shipping and has a delivery date of Friday 7th. No tracking info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's a great phone. Large though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Priority

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

It's a great phone. Large though.

I had the 3 and didn't find the size too bad but found it really awkward to handle because it's the slippiest phone I've ever used. Also found the super saturated colours really garish. That said, I'm definitely in the minority and was able to return it without difficulty.

• Advertisement

Just on the saturated colours, you can calibrate the screen to your liking which would sort any of that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Hell No and that depends on what you consider trouble.

The only thing that annoys me with the phone is the poor screen protector and phone cover options.

Hell No and that depends on what you consider trouble.

The only thing that annoys me with the phone is the poor screen protector and phone cover options.

o2.co.uk have reasonable covers/screen protectors (its one of the phones they supply as a bill-pay option)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

Sync wrote: »
    Just on the saturated colours, you can calibrate the screen to your liking which would sort any of that out.

Yes, that was available in developer options when I had the phone but it made white appear yellowish.

Yes, that was available in developer options when I had the phone but it made white appear yellowish.

Ah ok - it's standard on it now I didn't have to go to developer settings or anything, and works quite well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

My wife's 3T arrived yesterday, exactly one week after ordering. We had email updates along the way with DHL tracking. I bought a Oneplus One in 2014 when I managed to get an invite, delivery then took three weeks but I had managed to put in the wrong postcode, which ended up adding about ten days, mostly through my own incompetence.

I dropped that phone while cycling about a year later and damaged the screen so sent it away for repair. They sent me back a brand new one that arrived ten days later, for just the price of the screen repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Shpongler

I got mine yesterday,
    Wonderful phone , absolutely worth the money:)

Except.. I did the OTA update this morning and it bricked the phone.
    I can't even boot to recovery... disaster.

I am waiting for tech support to try and remote fix it tomorrow.

Shpongler wrote: »
    I got mine yesterday,
    Wonderful phone , absolutely worth the money:)

Except.. I did the OTA update this morning and it bricked the phone.
    I can't even boot to recovery... disaster.

I am waiting for tech support to try and remote fix it tomorrow.

OTA to Android 7?
    Not sure why it bricked it........

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Shpongler

OTA to Android 7?
    Not sure why it bricked it........

Yup, it bricked while doing the update. I didn't even have access to recovery. Apparently it has happened to quite a few people. I found a few files on XDA and sorted it. Had to wipe the phone though.

Shpongler wrote: »
    Yup, it bricked while doing the update. I didn't even have access to recovery. Apparently it has happened to quite a few people. I found a few files on XDA and sorted it. Had to wipe the phone though.
    Yep happened to my GF on her new 3T too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Is this the norm then for the 3T to brick during the ota update to nougat ?

Was going to pull the trigger on one of these today but just not interested if I have to mess with it to make it work correctly. It ticks all the boxes for a work/personal phone apart from the bricking part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

NeoRox wrote: »
    Is this the norm then for the 3T to brick during the ota update to nougat ?

Was going to pull the trigger on one of these today but just not interested if I have to mess with it to make it work correctly. It ticks all the boxes for a work/personal phone apart from the bricking part.

No, I had the OnePlus One, OnePlus 2, and OnePlus 3. Theyre make great quality products. The OP2 was a bit of a disappointment, the OPO and OP3 were fantastic value. The bricking isvery strange. OnePlus recently committed to releasing updates regularly and they seemed to be fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭bobgaf

Just wondering if anyone has had the near focus camera issue on the OnePlus 3 ? I've had it for a few weeks now and it looks like I'll have to raise an RMA and send it to Germany to have it sorted out. It seems to require camera module replacement to resolve. Has me wondering if this purchase was worth the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

bobgaf wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had the near focus camera issue on the OnePlus 3 ? I've had it for a few weeks now and it looks like I'll have to raise an RMA and send it to Germany to have it sorted out. It seems to require camera module replacement to resolve. Has me wondering if this purchase was worth the hassle.

Mine is v v poor to focus on close range shots and usually wont focus at all but I haven't had a chance to look into it since i got it to see was it a setting I had wrong or was I doing something wrong.

Is there a know issue (I haven't even googled it yet)

• Advertisement

Mine didn't brick when being updated. My GF had just got hers so that might have something to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Had the 3T since January, have had no problems with it whatsoever. Great phone for a great price.

Had the near focus issue so I raised a support ticket and was accepted for RMA without too much effort. Dropped the phone to UPS in Finglas on Good Friday as I wanted it in transit before the Easter weekend. Just had it returned today with the camera module replaced. UPS shipping was covered as the phone was under warranty. So far so good. Happy with the turn-around time.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

I just got an email with a €10 voucher which expires on April 30th if anyone has any use for it?

tglynn wrote: »
    I just got an email with a €10 voucher which expires on April 30th if anyone has any use for it?

Ditto- I've one here too. First person to call it has dibs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Ditto- I've one here too. First person to call it has dibs.

dibs!

Xcellor wrote: »
    dibs!

Sent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Hi there, I wonder can it be used for an out of warranty repair (screen) on the Oneplus site? If so I wouldnt mind having it if you still have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭t-hairy

Dibs if it's still available!

• Advertisement

I have one also, first pm gets it

I have one also, first pm gets it

Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

Just got a voucher for €10 off before 30th April if anyone wants it.

Also have a voucher if anyone wants it

xtal191 wrote: »
    Also have a voucher if anyone wants it

Gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I've one too could be single use but not sure. Here it is

RXHVFGMBYBZILE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AleoN

AleoN wrote: »
    Just got a voucher for €10 off before 30th April if anyone wants it.

Gone to Pinkman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I have 2x voucher available. $10 each. You can only use one at a time for the purchase of 3t. Nothing else.

If anyone needs one, PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭fabsoul

I have a voucher available €10 off a one+3t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

I'm in the market for a new phone.Have a smart ultra 6 which has served me well for last 2 years but it got a bad fall last weekend.Are these phones worth the dosh? ,All in its €500 (128gb).I take it there is no slot to extend storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

codie wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a new phone.Have a smart ultra 6 which has served me well for last 2 years but it got a bad fall last weekend.Are these phones worth the dosh? ,All in its €500 (128gb).I take it there is no slot to extend storage.

Honestly you dont really need the 128gb unless you are someone who stores alot of movies on their phone.

I have a +1 64GB and still have 20GB free.
    Main Usage is:
    10GB apps
    13GB pictures
    7GB cached data

• Advertisement
Advertisement