Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir :blocked websites

Options
  • 14-06-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,so in the middle of my cooling off period and i've been doing a lot of reading
    into eir. Having second thoughts right now as i would do a lot of downloading(movies and music)and been looking at posts that say the torrent sites are blocked. These posts are at least a year old so just wondering if there's a way around this now?
    Also,whats the story with the 3 strikes system,has anyone actually been banned??
    Any other first hand experience of this company would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Been with them 7 weeks. Good uninterrupted service.

Free Windows smartphone with 100 meg data and free calls and landline with free calls to Irish land and mobile numbers, cable tv and 20 mbps tested unlimited fibre broadband for 25 Euro a month for a year (then goes to 92 Euro.)

Can't fault it up to now especially when the bills so far have only been 12 Euro a month for some unknown reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Twistafyed

Nomis21 wrote: »
    Been with them 7 weeks. Good uninterrupted service.

Free Windows smartphone with 100 meg data and free calls and landline with free calls to Irish land and mobile numbers, cable tv and 20 mbps tested unlimited fibre broadband for 25 Euro a month for a year (then goes to 92 Euro.)

Can't fault it up to now especially when the bills so far have only been 12 Euro a month for some unknown reason.

Thanks for the reply,should have mentioned that all i've gone for is the boroadband
    package which is 45euro a month for the entirety of the contract,have no interest in
    any other offers they have going because form what i'm reading a lot of people get
    overcharged.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sites were blocked by the High Court, eir and Co just followed the court order. They were the first to cave, but not the only ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,493 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ED E wrote: »
    Sites were blocked by the High Court, eir and Co just followed the court order. They were the first to cave, but not the only ones.

Yep every now and then UPC KICKmyASS of certain sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

10 seconds on Google will show you how to get around those blocks

• Advertisement

Yeah kind of picked up this much but is there a way around this,such as kat.unblock or pirate.unblock or do they have every torrent site blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Circumventing a high court order could be construed as illegal so not something we can discuss on boards unless you want to invite the banhammer.

Circumventing a high court order could be construed as illegal so not something we can discuss on boards unless you want to invite the banhammer.

I hear you,would be nice to get some help before that happens.
    Had a look around online but no joy,just need to know because
    i don't want to be stuck on an 18mth contract and not being able
    download a few movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭FightingIrish

Ah that's proxy 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Twistafyed wrote: »
    I hear you,would be nice to get some help before that happens.
    Had a look around online but no joy,just need to know because
    i don't want to be stuck on an 18mth contract and not being able
    download a few movies.

Now that you've mentioned movies none of us here can help you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Twistafyed wrote: »
    ....Had a look around online but no joy....

Git gud

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Welshprince

The simple answer is unblocked.one google it.

Advertisement