Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Frames

Options
  • 14-06-2016 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭

I'm 5'8" so would generally be looking at medium size bikes. I see that it's stated that the optimal crank length for my height is 170mm which is found mostly on small size bikes. At the moment I see a bike for sale I want but it's only available in size 48cn which I think is probably size XS. Smaller frames are usually stiffer so is it not generally possible or even more desirable - to buy a small frame and then adjust it to fit with a longer handlebar stem and maybe seat post if it's needed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aworthycause

I'm 5'7". If unsure buy a shorter bike and get a longer stem. A longer bike with a shorter stem is very jumpy & skittish.

Crank length is more to do with inside leg than overall height. I use 170.

Advertisement