Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what happened to the 24/7 tech support?

Options
  • 14-06-2016 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

After that much boasting I kind of expected it to remain a standard...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Kensei wrote: »
    After that much boasting I kind of expected it to remain a standard...
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Kensei,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, our technical support team are available 24/7 on 1890260260.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Is there anything I can assist you with here?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kensei

No they aren't. I just called them yesterday at 21:25 and the bot told me they were only available from 0900 to 2000.

As for help, I sorted it out myself, it turned out I had a Winsock problem. But nevertheless, the D1000 router is overheating every 40-50 days. I'm curious if there is a newer firmware version that reduces temperature by optimising the processing cycle rate?

No they aren't. I just called them yesterday at 21:25 and the bot told me they were only available from 0900 to 2000.

As for help, I sorted it out myself, it turned out I had a Winsock problem. But nevertheless, the D1000 router is overheating every 40-50 days. I'm curious if there is a newer firmware version that reduces temperature by optimising the processing cycle rate?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The customer care team are only available until 8pm Kensei [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]However the technical support team are available 24/7, they can be contacted directly on 1890260260.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid not, the longer the modem is left on, the more the connection deteriorates. I would recommend power cycling the modem probably every month or so (turning it on & off).[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kensei

I see, well, I distinctly remember calling the 260260 number, maybe I hit the wrong extension. 

Anyway, thanks for the info about the modem. I've been thinking of doing either that or get one of them cooling pads for laptops and just slap it under the router.

I see, well, I distinctly remember calling the 260260 number, maybe I hit the wrong extension. 

Anyway, thanks for the info about the modem. I've been thinking of doing either that or get one of them cooling pads for laptops and just slap it under the router.
    No problem at all  Kensei :) 

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement