Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITunes gift cards

Options
  • 14-06-2016 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know if I can use a iTunes gift card in pounds sterling on my iTunes account? I'm resident in the Republic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

No you need a uk account to use sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's easy to setup a UK iTunes account, I did it to get the Now TV app to show up on my Apple TV. You will need an e-mail address that's not currently associated with an existing Apple id. First, go to iTunes, sign out and then find an app that's on the UK app store and which is free, go to download it and it will ask you to login, click the 'Create New Apple ID'. Register, give a UK address and post code, I used the postcode of an off-licence in Newry, it's easy to find a UK address using Google. As the app you're downloading is free, you needn't bother registering a credit card, just bypass that step and you'll have a UK login and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I created one a long time ago for some app that wasn't on the Irish store and don't use it anymore but it would do my head in having the switch Apple ID's to update apps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Probably best spent on movies, tv shows or music. Something that doesn't require updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

You could always sell the codes on eBay or something similar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement