Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online course

Options
  • 15-06-2016 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

I never went to college after school I'm 22 and working full time in retail as a sales assistant. I went and done an evening course in management last year but unfortunately failed. The time didn't suit and had to miss classes because of work/other commitments.

I want to move up in my job and get a job as team/leader trainee manager so I was thinking of doing a online course in supervisory management or team leadership. At least I will have the time to do the course as its all done online and work full time at the same time.

Has anyone done courses online and if so how did you find them to the traditional "in class" courses?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I find them much harder,you need great discipline and lots of peace and quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Earlyyearsdel

A lot of self discipline is required for online training. You need to ensure you can motivate yourself to complete your own self directed study. They do offer more flexibility, however are not easier than a typical classroom course

Advertisement