Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with anonymous posting

Options
  • 15-06-2016 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

Is there an issue with anonymous posting?

Tried replying to a post anonymously and it has come up and said that anon posting is only available from UK and Ireland, and that the IP address has been blocked for spam.

I'm sitting in Dublin :pac:

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

There's been issues lately with an Irish ISP showing customers as being somewhere in eastern Europe etc (I think it was virgin media)

If you do an IP check where does it show you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

It says Dublin, Ireland when I check location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Hi.

Having the same problem. In Cork.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Are either of you using a VPN or a proxy server that might be located outside ROI?

-Shield.

Shield wrote: »
    Are either of you using a VPN or a proxy server that might be located outside ROI?

-Shield.

I'm not. Well not that I know of.

We have virgin media at home and I use it on my iPhone. I'm not sure of the provider in work but I have no ad blocker / ip changer installed in chrome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Can you reply to this with your IP address and I'll leave it unapproved for one of the developers to look into? I'm guessing that this is going to be something that'll be looked at on a case by case basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

I'm having the same issue. Can't reply anonymously with either my computer (Eir broadband) or my Mobile (Vodafone). I was able to reply anonymously with my computer a week ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

J.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi folks, we were working on a somewhat related issue which we think might have fixed the anonymous posting issue as well. Anonymous posting is working for us here, however if some of you could give it a quick try and let me know if you are able to post or if you receive the same message as before that would be very helpful. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

Yep, it's now working for me Niamh, thanks!

J.

Working fine here too. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Advertisement