Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC ALARM FAULT

Options
  • 15-06-2016 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently had some work done in my house and had an alarm sensor moved. The power was turned off several times while electric was being done. My alarm since is showing a yellow light with fault and Aux fuse fault is showing up. Can anyone tell me what this fault means and how to fix it myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

The aux fuse protects the 12V dc supply to alarm sensors (PIRs etc). At a guess I'd say there was a short when the sensor was being moved and the fuse blew as it should. To replace it means opening the main panel, which will cause a tamper alarm unless you have enter the engineer code first. Why not get whoever moved the sensor back to fix it, it's an easy job for any competent alarm installer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Valeriesoffice

Pete67, it was an electrician who moved the sensor not an alarm installer so I cant vet him to do it. I read somewhere the engineer code is inside the panel and it is 04567?? I dont know if this is true and I haven't opened the panel. When is the engineer code even entered? Am I right in saying a fuse in the panel bas to be replaced if so, are these fuses available easily?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Thread moved to Home Security Systems forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Pete67, it was an electrician who moved the sensor not an alarm installer so I cant vet him to do it. I read somewhere the engineer code is inside the panel and it is 04567?? I dont know if this is true and I haven't opened the panel. When is the engineer code even entered? Am I right in saying a fuse in the panel bas to be replaced if so, are these fuses available easily?

Easy enough to replace yourself also. Fuse rating is 800 ma slow blow.
    You should not need an engineer code to do it either, just open the control panel and if the alarm sounds enter your user code to silence.

There is main in the control panel so you can turn off the mains while doing same, the back up battery will keep the system going while you replace the fuse.

Advertisement