Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick City in Motion

• 15-06-2016 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭

This popped up on my facebook feed this morning. Drone and hyperlapse footage of Limerick. Our city is looking great (and not a horse in sight).

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Looks really well. It is a great City and let no one ever say any different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Nice video. Notice how much it focuses on the river, unfortunately unlike the city itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Wow, such an amazing video. Who did it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

panda100 wrote: »
    Wow, such an amazing video. Who did it?

I had to chuckle at the maker and all the discussion ongoing here about letting "x,y,z into the Country"... he isn't Irish.

I didn't catch his name, but if you wait until the end it appears. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

yop wrote: »
    I had to chuckle at the maker and all the discussion ongoing here about letting "x,y,z into the Country"... he isn't Irish.

Ruh roh, someone makes a video people like and it get gets hijacked by someone turning it into "there is no call for visas, checks or restrictions of any kind and anybody who suggests that there is a need for them is a source of simple entertainment to those of us on the the high ground".

Pity really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭TonyCliftonEsq

Great video.

The kind of professional thing you would expect the official bodies representing Limerick to be producing instead.

Ruh roh, someone makes a video people like and it get gets hijacked by someone turning it into "there is no call for visas, checks or restrictions of any kind and anybody who suggests that there is a need for them is a source of simple entertainment to those of us on the the high ground".

Pity really.

Your easily offended if my comment offended you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Lovely video, that hides the reality of Limerick's ugly streets and buildings and chronic management issues. Fair play to the guy who put it together all the same :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭goochy

it is the main roads into the city that let limerick down , Horizon site on Dublin road, Dock road and Coonagh cross area of Ennis road -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

goochy wrote: »
    it is the main roads into the city that let limerick down , Horizon site on Dublin road, Dock road and Coonagh cross area of Ennis road -

Yep .. and the overhanging wires everywhere, the poorly paved, car-dominated streets, the crumbling buildings, the street clutter all over the place (particularly bollards), the really ****e lighting on all the streets, the plethora of unnecessary and ugly signage. The city is an ugly mess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement