Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC desktop advice

Options
  • 15-06-2016 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

A friend of mine is able to get the following spec for about €500: DELL Optiplex 9010 I7 CPU, 8GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, WIN 7 PRO 64 Bit, and a 23 inch Dell refurb monitor. I could get 250 GB SSD for about €125 more and wireless keyboard, mouse etc.

It looks like it's a good deal but I'm thinking about getting a mini PC instead as I don't have room for a tower PC. Ideally I'd like the set up to tie with my bedroom tv and use that as a monitor. I haven't asked him for a price on a mini PC. It looks like the world are moving towards mini pc's and I don't want to pay out for something that will be a 'waste of space' in 3-5 years.

What you do you reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

It's over 3 years old and a business model so it has probably been fully depreciated by whoever owned it previously. I'd value the PC at €200 - €250. The value of the monitor could range from €50 - €200 depending on the model and age. An older E Series would be at the lower end, a newer S- or P- series would be at the upper end.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

db wrote: »
    It's over 3 years old and a business model so it has probably been fully depreciated by whoever owned it previously. I'd value the PC at €200 - €250. The value of the monitor could range from €50 - €200 depending on the model and age. An older E Series would be at the lower end, a newer S- or P- series would be at the upper end.

I've been told it's a refurb model alright. What mini pc's would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭thegreenbean

Hey there
    What do you need the pc for? HTPC? Gaming? Work? Browsing? Your tv might not be a great experience if it has a really low refresh rate/resolution. Also dell use a lot of their own components limiting your upgrade options. You should build your own and save a good chunk of change by cutting out the middle man. Also don't get star struck by "K" processors And "Z" motherboards. 90% of people just don't need them. Goodluck with your search.

Advertisement