Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 7

Options

Comments

So after a break after doing my 2 collectibles and speed runs I started madhouse last night. Mia fight was much harder and I stopped playing after failing miserably to get the key and enter the hatch with Jack there. He can literally sprint after you. I did get further this morning as far as the boss fight but I was too slow to get the key not knowing what I needed to do.

Is the rest this cheap or is it more manageable? Difficulty I don't mind but that part with Jack and the key felt super cheap :(

I'm also concerned about saves as they are limited? Or are there enough tapes there to make it manageable without having to be too concerned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Anyone having issues with the banned footage dlc? I downloaded it from ps store and installed but nothing is showing up in the game. I have the latest update installed as well but still this content is nowhere to be found.

It's on the menu under extra content around two up from new game. If not there try downloading again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

So after a break after doing my 2 collectibles and speed runs I started madhouse last night. Mia fight was much harder and I stopped playing after failing miserably to get the key and enter the hatch with Jack there. He can literally sprint after you. I did get further this morning as far as the boss fight but I was too slow to get the key not knowing what I needed to do.

Is the rest this cheap or is it more manageable? Difficulty I don't mind but that part with Jack and the key felt super cheap :(

I'm also concerned about saves as they are limited? Or are there enough tapes there to make it manageable without having to be too concerned?

Use away on the tapes. I thought I would need to ration them but I ended the game with a good few left over and I really made it more difficult on myself by not saving as often. Hide in the garage entrance and wait for jack to enter the kitchen and you can get the key without being seen. once you get to the first save room, you can run in there to lose jack if he sees you. You will be doing that a lot!

blaa85 wrote: »
    Use away on the tapes. I thought I would need to ration them but I ended the game with a good few left over and I really made it more difficult on myself by not saving as often. Hide in the garage entrance and wait for jack to enter the kitchen and you can get the key without being seen. once you get to the first save room, you can run in there to lose jack if he sees you. You will be doing that a lot!

Thanks, that worked pretty consistently. Did you buy any of the items in the main hall ? Like the coins? I have the other defence related ones on me but I was tempted to replace them with those coins :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Coins ain't worth it imo, i found they hardly made any difference

• Advertisement

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    It's on the menu under extra content around two up from new game. If not there try downloading again.

Thanks, for some reason this option is not showing on the main menu for me. It must be some glitch. It looks like I may have to try downloading again.

• Coins ain't worth it imo, i found they hardly made any difference
    I got a magnum
    I haven't even fired it yet but surely that's something good!

Alot of spoilers for people above lads

RopeDrink wrote: »
    The tapes are there to quell repeat saves without progress, so as long as you manage your box and use them in a position where you're about to make progress (rather than save, backtrack for supplies, save, fart about, save again), you'll have no shortage of tapes. You typically get 2-3 when you arrive at a new save-point and there are also others strewn about in certain locations or at other key-points, so it really won't hinder you too much provided you don't chew through them like sweets.

Without that restriction I used to go into the room, save (seeing as I lost progress on day 1 with a random crash, was fearful after that), then organize my stuff, save again, possibly overthink what I'm taking with me, go back, shuffle & save yet again etc. etc.

Completed Madhouse last-night. Jack certainly can be problematic at the start due to his speed (you can't outrun him unless abusing terrain hardcore, but even then he'll catch up) but you can down him for a brief reprieve if you have a couple of bullets to spare. Having said that, Jack being harder to shake will make it far more likely to discover a little extra scene between him and Ethan - seems his hand wasn't the only thing to be removed during his stint in the old houses ;) Certain rooms will instantly despawn Jack so use it to your advantage, namely safe-rooms and crow door. After the first boss-fight he'll start entering the main-hall and make backtracking for supplies upstairs a pain, but once you get past all that you won't have many problems. The molded are faster but they can't catch you if fleeing, and the bosses being faster doesn't make a huge difference.

Still, was a refreshing mode - they could have slapped more HP/damage on enemies and left it at that, but the thought of running out of tapes, plus items and weapons being reshuffled to different places, with every enemy running a lot faster towards you made for a pleasant repeat play.

Now just have to wait another week or two for the end of the 'exclusivity' of the DLC -_-

I'm about half way now, it's not been as bad as I expected from my early experiences in the opening stages was dreading
    Marguerite
    but did that without firing a shot
    saw made bits of her
    Not doing bad on bullets though shotgun ammo is very rare I'm more concerned about healing items at this point and questioning if I should use one or reload.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    From what I've heard, the Saw completely trivializes the game, so you'll have no problem using that except for some boss fights where range is practically a requirement.

As for coins, it depends - I had the Defense Page (decreases damage taken from blocking), and purchased the offence + defence coin. The combination (plus the steroids you buy and find) make you pretty meaty, thus saving the need for blowing chems on healing items.

I wouldn't say they're NOT worth it, but their value depends on how much of X or Y you need for a comfortable run. I find early-game there's enough bullets around to get the job done if you're comfortable with a bit of melee, so I fluff up the healing item count - after that, I try to make them last as long as possible while fluffing up ammo for the later encounters. Coins in such a case save quite a bit of ammo and health, so they're never worthless. The key point is they're not 'necessary', but certain welcome if you can afford them, and can stack them with the other bonuses. All the little perks add up considerably by late-game. I've found about a clips worth of Magnum ammo across two playthroughs and just couldn't be bothered blowing so many coins on a weapon with so few shots when a good headshot with a shotgun would do the trick 99% of the time. Surely a bonus for boss-fights, but at those points you'll be rolling in ammo anyway.

Yeah finished last night , tapes were not an issue in the end I was too conservative had 8 on me at the final save. The saw makes bits of 2 mid game bosses and once you know to crouch for 4 legs and got for "crown" on others bar fatties it's cake.

Pressure points were start until the garage , then 2 in the
    barn lift
    and the 2 near
    the end
    also forgot theres no box on the last save point so ended up not even using the red chems I'd saved up for nade launcher and enhanced albert rounds , I know you can manage items on some points on death including the end but managed to take out the final boss with 15 shotgun rounds and 3 enhanced on me , half dead in the yellow going in,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

So it turns out health items really are magic.

Spoilering just in case but this happens before you get to the garage.
    I was on my way to the floor hatch with the key and Jack caught me in the room with the hatch, cut off Ethan's leg, and then gave me a large health bottle which somehow reattached the leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

God damn it, the dlc should have really been apart of the base game as unlockable modes, fun challenge modes and prequel chapters. Would have made it a much more complete package.

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/831941156371984384

• Yea, you do realise it was part of the main game.
    It's what Capcom do now and it's become acceptable
    They took out the ending of Dead Rising 4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yea, you do realise it was part of the main game.

That's why I'm waiting for the game to release with all DLC included at a normal retail price. I'm finished buying full price games day one with DLC cut out only to release 3 weeks after the game for another €25.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yea, you do realise it was part of the main game.

when fast internet became more common, the game studios must have been delighted as it allows them to release games in a broken state that can be patched later and incomplete game experiences which offer the proper original endings/storylines for an extra 30 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Was gonna pick this up. Now I've been incentivised to wait.

Gonzo wrote: »
    when fast internet became more common, the game studios must have been delighted as it allows them to release games in a broken state that can be patched later and incomplete game experiences which offer the proper original endings/storylines for an extra 30 euros.

I take the second point completely but for the 1st point I'd be almost disappointed and annoyed if there was no day one patch. Games go for press to dvd at least six weeks before release, no game is perfect no matter what , and in those 6 weeks a lot of work can be done in ironing out things or improving them once pressure for getting it out is off. I know it should get released with bugs etc. I do agree though some games take the complete piss like Mafia 3 as a recent example that on day one even after a patch should not have been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Finished this the other day , Really enjoyed it the ending was weird its like they didn't know how to finish it.....

Is the DLC worth it ? whens the free one about Chris out ?

Making of documentary up on youtube, well the first part of a series.

Edit: Actually there were some pretty interesting bits to that, like how they ditched holding your breath to avoid an certain enemy and why :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Was gonna pick this up. Now I've been incentivised to wait.

A Complete Gold Edition you say? Great news on the Day I get my PS Pro

• Advertisement

Can someone given me a run-down on what i'd be missing if I just got the base game here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Resident-Evil-Biohazard-PS4-PSVR/dp/B01GVN0CQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508859782&sr=8-1&keywords=resident+evil+7

The screenshot @ 1min on the Gold Edition Vid means there's a whole piecemeal of content :/

Was gonna wait for the Gold Edition, but Halloween is coming and I own a PSVR now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

When is the Gold Edition out?

• Redo91 wrote: »
    When is the Gold Edition out?

Early December

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

For anyone who's not aware...the new FREE Resi7 content will release tomorrow (I think it's compatible not only with VR...but the AIM if you have it...not 100% sure on that though).
    Not a Hero , and End of Zoe

Still my fave and the best game of PSVR

• Not sure how the hell you got through RE7 with a VR headset. I could hardly stick with it using a set off headphones.
    Great game though and glad I finished it just the most unnerving experience I've had in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah I've genuinely accepted I could not play this in VR. I'll probably pick it up at some point. I think it's a really good game but I'm terrified of it. Bit of a wuss me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Just about to finish the main game, will jump straight into the free DLC. Loved it. Such a throwback to Resident Evil 1, and so frikking genuinely scary. Absolute must buy at the price it's going for these days, €15 is what I paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Why is GameStop the only shop selling the gold edition in Dublin? I don't want to give them my money for an opened product.

Not listed on Argos or Smyth's at all. Just the standard edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Thinking of picking up the Gold Edition for 29.99 in Xbox Spring sale. Haven't played a RE game in ages. Tried to get back to RE4 but couldn't get the hang of the control system, maybe there is a setting I need to change.

Is Gold Edition worth a shot at that price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

No RE4 controls are abysmal. I bought the PS4 version a while ago and can't believe I ever finished the game back in the day. Games like Uncharted and TLOU have really changed how I expect to be able to control the character in a third person shooter.
    RE7 looked awesome but Until Dawn scared the crap out of me and this is a few notches higher, so nope.

Advertisement