Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 7

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

gimli2112 wrote: »
    No RE4 controls are abysmal. I bought the PS4 version a while ago and can't believe I ever finished the game back in the day. Games like Uncharted and TLOU have really changed how I expect to be able to control the character in a third person shooter.
    RE7 looked awesome but Until Dawn scared the crap out of me and this is a few notches higher, so nope.

I couldn't get my head around it at all. Completely counter intuitive to what I'm used to from control systems in more modern games, and even games of that time.

Might have a look at a few reviews of RE7 when I get home and see if its worthy of adding to the backlog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

skerry wrote: »
    I couldn't get my head around it at all. Completely counter intuitive to what I'm used to from control systems in more modern games, and even games of that time.

Might have a look at a few reviews of RE7 when I get home and see if its worthy of adding to the backlog :)

If you have VR it's one of the best gaming experiences ever.
    Completed it and most of the DLC
    I didn't play it outside of VR, but I hear it's still a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Greyfox

No RE4 controls are abysmal
    The controls take a little bit of getting use to but thats all, RE4 is still one of the best games ever made, RE7 is excellent but in terms of gameplay, variety and memorable moments 4 is miles better than 7

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Greyfox wrote: »
    The controls take a little bit of getting use to but thats all, RE4 is still one of the best games ever made, RE7 is excellent but in terms of gameplay, variety and memorable moments 4 is miles better than 7

Yeah that's probably true gimli 2018 just doesn't have the patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

skerry wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up the Gold Edition for 29.99 in Xbox Spring sale. Haven't played a RE game in ages. Tried to get back to RE4 but couldn't get the hang of the control system, maybe there is a setting I need to change.

Is Gold Edition worth a shot at that price?

The standard game has been dirt cheap lately, on PS4 for sure. Think argos currently have it reduced. It’s fabulous. If you can remember the original you’ll love this.

Apparently the DLC is very average and not worth paying for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

The standard game has been dirt cheap lately, on PS4 for sure. Think argos currently have it reduced. It’s fabulous. If you can remember the original you’ll love this.

Apparently the DLC is very average and not worth paying for.

Might take a punt on the standard game so. Picked up all the RE games while back when there was a price error and they were marked in a bundle for €20.
    Would love to give 4 the time it deserves but the controls wrecked my head. Found myself back tracking everytime a mob approached cos I just couldn't get the hang of the aiming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Worth tends to boil down to what people expected to get from it. As far as I'm concerned, it's not that the DLC isn't worth it - it's the fact that it isn't some grandiose expansion or further increase to the main story, which I feel most people tend to expect. What you legitimately get is various side-portions of extra (typically small) bonus games/chapters, some of which can be considered party games, others more story centric but with some limited re-playability.

Thus far with all DLC you get:
    Three bonus game-modes, one of which ties in with other DLC (3 other mini-games) rotating around one of the crew who disappeared in the original trailers, Clancy. Three bonus chapters, one based on Chris, one on Zoe, and one on Jack's bother. Of the bunch, some can be replayed in order to unlock bonus weapons/difficulties, but the problem is people play it for the story it provides and then totally stop. Some can be played for fun and scoring if you are that way inclined.

Overall, there's enough meat in the DLC if you're willing to play beyond initial completion, but if you're expecting a lofty expansion to the main story, you'd be sorely mistaken. I don't regret purchasing all the DLC, even if I'm one of the above type of people who feel less incentivized to replay them and get the most out of them after I've squeezed the story out of them. Shame, considering one in particular is very enjoyable - the survival mode with Clancy as he's stuck in the basement - a very tense, borderline Mercenaries mode.

Did you play on VR ?
    It's a whole new experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

€11.50 on CDKeys at the moment (PC) - https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/resident-evil-7-biohazard-pc-steam-cd-key

I've been meaning to pick it up for a while but am working through Shadow of War right now, so might do after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Picked this up in Argos last week for €18. About 3 hours in. Without doubt the scariest, most foreboding game I've ever played. It just drips with tension and dread. Working through the morgue section currently. Me fcuking nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Picked this up in Argos last week for €18. About 3 hours in. Without doubt the scariest, most foreboding game I've ever played. It just drips with tension and dread. Working through the morgue section currently. Me fcuking nerves.

It's awful in the best way possible. I've been playing in VR and have only gotten as far as the electronic staircase because of how much it frightened me. I feel as though I've knocked a couple of years off my heart's health by playing for just those couple of hours. :o

That awful thing is that I haven't gone back to it in nearly a month because of how much it scares me, I could play it outside of VR but I can't swallow my pride. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

anyone who plays this in VR deserves some kind of medal

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

anyone who plays this in VR deserves some kind of medal

My most wanted thing in gaming right now is to pay through resistance 7 in VR. Can't justify paying 300 quid for it but some day soon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Don't have VR so just playing regularly but I love it. As a massive horror fan it's exactly what i was hoping for. The only thing that's come anywhere close in recent memory was that goddamned spider lady in The Evil Within.

I think having it as 1st person rather than the traditional RE 3rd person makes a massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Have this and its not for me, anyone interested in a swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

The fact that the PC version never got a released VR mode was very disappointing for me, I bought the game and had it unplayed for almost a year while I waited for the exclusive VR playstation deal to end but then nothing, I almost forgot that it is capcom after all and the Japanese big companies dont really like doing small things unless it can make them a bunch of money.

I gave in and played about 2 hours, it is good but I have loads of other stiff to finish first.

Advertisement