Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nathan G

Doodleking wrote: »
    Residen Evil Biohazard Demo hit 2 million downloads on PS4, breaks a PS4 record!!!!

2 million ? bloody hell. There is still a big market for resident evil games. Even if the last couple have been utterly terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New gameplay trailer, very hide and seek but interesting none the less. Not Resi in the slightest. At one point, it actually looks like the exact same corridor from PT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Update today to the demo, unlocks more of the house for exploration apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

This game looks amazing!! The last Resident evil game I enjoyed was Resident Evil on the gamecube!!! everything after that was hopeless.

I don't think I have ever been truly afraid of a game as I was of Resident evil 1

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New gameplay trailer, very hide and seek but interesting none the less. Not Resi in the slightest. At one point, it actually looks like the exact same corridor from PT.

I know this new game isnt "Resi" but my god it is survival horror!! I am excited!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

There was another trailer at TGS

Final update to the demo is live now. Just go to the demo app and look for an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Final update to the demo is live now. Just go to the demo app and look for an update.

I deleted the original demo, can i just redownload and it will update?

I deleted the original demo, can i just redownload and it will update?

Yupp, a fresh download should include the update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Does anyone know what the update is? At a guess I would say it involves the dummy finger no?

Also, I haven't been watching the trailers for this as I want it to be as fresh as possible when I play it but I couldn't resist and watched the trailer that the RE Facebook page just uploaded. Immediately reminded of silent Hill 2.

Goddamn this game is creepy. Horror is my favourite genre but this would be tough to play through in VR. The spot in the main hallway is now open, enter at your peril. Gonna play the PaRappa the Rapper demo now just to even things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Goddamn this game is creepy. Horror is my favourite genre but this would be tough to play through in VR. The spot in the main hallway is now open, enter at your peril. Gonna play the PaRappa the Rapper demo now just to even things out.

I played the Kitchen VR demo, Its short but well done and creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

played the first demo 10 seconds in I thought "why am I doing this to myself?"

Demo available now on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

An update came out for the demo today... Any changes?

V9 wrote: »
    An update came out for the demo today... Any changes?

Noticed that earlier but haven't had a chance to check yet.

After getting the Bad Ending again, had to look up the Good ending. Man, some well hidden stuff in the demo but seems like some of the things needed very specific actions that you probably wouldn't do. Not as bad as P.T but still a bit obscure.

Can't wait to give the proper thing a lash next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Demo is on Steam as of 25 minutes ago haven't been able to download yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Really looking forward to this. Love survival horror in a big way. I plan on getting VR set. If I don't have it by time RE7 comes out I'm not sure I could wait to play till I have PSVR. Would you wait or just play?

• Advertisement

I'd say wait if you can, experiencing it for the 1st time in VR would be crazy, would definitely be lacking if you've already been through the game. In mass to try psvr just for the rest kitchen demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Was thinking same, would definitely ruin the VR experience having played through already. I'll try my hardest not to. Hopefully I'll have VR set by then or at least have one ordered. They seem to be going on Amazon marketplace sites at not crazy prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

where do yee reckon best place to pre-order this online for xbox one to get on release day? was going to go with amazon but they can be very hit and miss, cheers

I would recommend The Game Collection

http://www.thegamecollection.net/games/resident-evil-7-biohazard/

I alwats got pre-orders on release day and a lot of people on here got games from day a day before. Would come to about 53 euro incl delivery approximately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is this a PS VR game or what?

Like is this an actual entry in the core Resident Evil series?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Is this a PS VR game or what?

Like is this an actual entry in the core Resident Evil series?

Jesus I hope not!

No It's VR compatible. It is First Person game that you can play with a VR headset as well (PSVR exclusive for the 1st year). I'd love to try the VR in this, found the demo tense enough and that would be multiplied by 10 in VR.

I would have expected to see more about this if it is a fully fledged Resi game

My external impressions were it is a glorified P.T. Rip Off Demo or a PS VR Demo

Maybe people just don't give a s**t about the Resi series since 6

I don't blame them. I'm a long term fan and I struggle to care about 7

I hated Resi 6, didn't even finish it but I love the series. I thought the demo was brilliant apart from the really obscure way of finding the 'Good' ending. Don't think the puzzles will be as P.T in the full game. Apparently, someone mined the demo files and found references to old characters from the series.

Personally, I can't wait to gve it playthrough, picking it up day one if it doesn't get horrible reviews.

• Advertisement

I hated Resi 6, didn't even finish it but I love the series. I thought the demo was brilliant apart from the really obscure way of finding the 'Good' ending. Don't think the puzzles will be as P.T in the full game. Apparently, someone mined the demo files and found references to old characters from the series.

Personally, I can't wait to gve it playthrough, picking it up day one if it doesn't get horrible reviews.

It looks hella expensive to roll a dice on day 1.

I got Resi 6 on launch, thankfully I drank for a lot of the playthrough so that numbed the mediocrity of it

I'll wait till some comprehensive reviews are out as to how long and engaging it is, wouldn't trust a 2-4 hour review, I wanna see someone finish it and then say their piece (speaking of which, is there an embargo?)

Also, I have little faith in Capcom recently

Advertisement