Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My plan, if getting it Day 1, is to be finished within 2 weeks and get about 70% value of it in trade credit for Nioh coming out in early Feb. Plans change but that's how I'm hoping it plays out anyway. Don't think it will have huge replayability.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    My plan, if getting it Day 1, is to be finished within 2 weeks and get about 70% value of it in trade credit for Nioh coming out in early Feb. Plans change but that's how I'm hoping it plays out anyway. Don't think it will have huge replayability.

You either have a very busy 2 weeks planned, or have a lot of faith the game will be 12+ hours long :P

Ah my gametime has gone down the drain lately. If it was a 10 hour story, I'd be doing well to have it finished in 2 weeks :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've absolutely no interest in playing this but I'll watch someone stream it from start too finish .

I've absolutely no interest in playing this but I'll watch someone stream it from start too finish .

I'll stream the shyte out of my playthrough :)

I can imagine the amount of 'Let's Play' vids of yanks screaming in terror with every jump scare. "Oh My gosh you guys, I'm so scared right now. Like share and subscribe if you want to see me even MOAR scared!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played demo while misses watched it. I liked it and she actually liked it too. She was terrified.
    I think they really kind of nailed the scary bit and atmosphere.
    I got 80eu in one 4 all vouchers and I don't know what to get. I might pick it up, so I can play with misses. First watch the reviews obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Played demo while misses watched it. I liked it and she actually liked it too. She was terrified.
    I think they really kind of nailed the scary bit and atmosphere.
    I got 80eu in one 4 all vouchers and I don't know what to get. I might pick it up, so I can play with misses. First watch the reviews obviously.

Thats the thing, I'm worried alot of effort has gone into making the demo great but the actual game itself will be underwhelming and very very short.. Capcom havent delivered on a resident evil game in over 12 years and im not buying this, oh look how creative we are and how much we have changed the formula :cool:

Unless i hear the game is actually a decent length, I'll hold off on trying it altogether or wait until its at a rock bottom price :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If you're on PC you can preorder it for roughly €30, better than being slammed with +€70 for the console versions.

Actually got Resi 1 vibes off this.

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/819547901173071872

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Jim and Burns originally from VideoGamer.com made that live action trailer, represents the demo extremely well. I played the demo twice (once on VR) and I'll definitely be buying it on release and playing it on VR! I crawled through the demo out of sheer fear and tension, so it'll be one long playthrough. :pac:

• Advertisement

Seriously class, looks like Capcom recorded a personal video for each of the big media sites.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/13/14271370/resident-evil-7-vcr-capcom-promotion-promotional-tape-cassette

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Seriously class, looks like Capcom recorded a personal video for each of the big media sites.

This is freakin' amazing marketing - personalised in-game type videos. Just really very cool. Rolled my eyes at polygon labelling it "pretty clever/Uh, assuming Capcom actually sends the game."

jaykhunter wrote: »
    This is freakin' amazing marketing - personalised in-game type videos. Just really very cool. Rolled my eyes at polygon labelling it "pretty clever/Uh, assuming Capcom actually sends the game."

Agreed thats certainly one of the more uniquely good marketing things I've seen, well played maybe not so crapcom :pac:

EDIT: If you mess around with the bitly address at the end of the video you can see other sites ones, like IGN etc. they are all the same just mention the sites in question.

I wonder if he's actually the voice actor for his character in the demo when he first enters the house for the ghost hunt show , sounds the exact same as him. Also i'd imagine the vcr had a scart connection but none of polygons TV's had one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I wonder if he's actually the voice actor for his character in the demo when he first enters the house for the ghost hunt show , sounds the exact same as him. Also i'd imagine the vcr had a scart connection but none of polygons TV's had one?

Yank TVs don't have scart

Yank TVs don't have scart

Aaaaahhh ok :)

So, copies are out in the wild and theres a guy streaming it right now. Beware the spoilers.

https://m.twitch.tv/uaehero2050

Getting good player reviews from the leaked copies, posted on Neogaf. http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=1334287. One guy cleared it in 9 hours 5 minutes, said it's the 2nd best Resi in the franchise behind REmake.

I would legitimately rather play a great ~10 game instead of an alright ~20 hour game.

I thank Titanfall 2's campaign for this new approach

Will wait for a price drop though, too rich for my blood atm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If the atmosphere is great, then I can get over shorter overall lengths of games. I loved all the Resi franchise, this will be no different. Been holding off watching reveals and gameplay trailers, most of them give away to much nowadays. I'm lloking forward to having a go at this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

madcabbage wrote: »
    If the atmosphere is great, then I can get over shorter overall lengths of games. I loved all the Resi franchise, this will be no different. Been holding off watching reveals and gameplay trailers, most of them give away to much nowadays. I'm lloking forward to having a go at this.

really looking forward to this, the only poor Re in the series was 6, I gave up quarter way through it. My favorite in the series are 1 remake, 2 and 4. If RE 7 is as good as those 3 then we are in for a very good game.

Gonzo wrote: »
    really looking forward to this, the only poor Re in the series was 6, I gave up quarter way through it. My favorite in the series are 1 remake, 2 and 4. If RE 7 is as good as those 3 then we are in for a very good game.

5 was horrendous, i still dont class RE4 as a resident evil. Deviated far too much from survival horror for me, Leon became Chuck Norris.

I'm still surprised they havent done a REmake evil 2, since it was the best resi evil by far.. I was kind of underwhelmed by REmake evil also, sure it mixed it up a bit but still nowhere as good as RE2.

5 was playable and fairly enjoyable for what it was. It didn't feel like a Resident Evil game, but it played out of as a desent Action-Shooter game.

6 on the other hand was a disjointed f**king mess where missions (or bosses usually) were either too hard or too easy and contained too much busy work and a cluster f**k of a story. And they made the UI worse.... the whole storing method for ammo and health thing was dumb

I've heard 5 really shines in Co-op playthroughs but haven't tried it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

nix wrote: »
    ...i still dont class RE4 as a resident evil. Deviated far too much from survival horror for me, Leon became Chuck Norris....

Heathen! :pac:

Ah it was a fresh spin on a jaded fixed-camera formula. The only downside is that it spawned the likes of 5 (which was OK) and 6 (terrible).

Resi PT, I mean 7 should take everything back to horror in it's purest form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I'm still surprised they havent done a REmake evil 2, since it was the best resi evil by far..

It's in development, capcom announced it a while back.

me_irl wrote: »
    Heathen! :pac:

Ah it was a fresh spin on a jaded fixed-camera formula.

I agree, but i would have preferred it if they didnt make it over actiony, like Leon doing summersaults through windows and round house kicking people at will.. And then the dodgy gun salesman "Not enuff cash" magically appearing everywhere.. Let me find my guns and upgrades on dead cops/soldiers/farmers plz :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

bugs wrote: »
    It's in development, capcom announced it a while back.

Heard there should be a demo of RE2 remake included in RE7. Don't know how true this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

SteoL wrote: »
    Heard there should be a demo of RE2 remake included in RE7. Don't know how true this is.

RE7 physical copies have been leaked/released early and there's no RE2 demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I agree, but i would have preferred it if they didnt make it over actiony, like Leon doing summersaults through windows and round house kicking people at will.. And then the dodgy gun salesman "Not enuff cash" magically appearing everywhere.. Let me find my guns and upgrades on dead cops/soldiers/farmers plz :pac:

True... Actually watched a vid of what would have been resi 4.

I think it's way more atmospheric. And the Slender-like creature is terrifying.

(From the description: THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL CAPCOM GAME! It's a recreation of what RE3.5 could have been)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Have it pre ordered from the game collection, wouldn't normally preorder games but pretty excited about this.

Just have to avoid spoilers till next week now. What's the story with the likes of IGN and plenty of other gaming channels making videos like "7 things you NEED to know before playing resident evil 7!" eh no I don't need to know a damn thing about it before I play it thank you very much.

Advertisement