Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 7

Options

Comments

• Is anyone else annoyed that this n first person as opposed to 3rd person?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Is anyone else annoyed that this n first person as opposed to 3rd person?

Annoyed, no. Terrified, yes. I actually can't play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nope, they needed to get away from 3rd person for a while in case they were tempted to go the Resi 6 route again. This could allow them get back to horror and build from there. REmake 2 should be all the 3rd person resi you could need (if it ever releases).

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Nope, they needed to get away from 3rd person for a while in case they were tempted to go the Resi 6 route again. This could allow them get back to horror and build from there. REmake 2 should be all the 3rd person resi you could need (if it ever releases).

That fps horror / jump scare style is just not for me.
    Shame as I love the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

One word "Immersion"... :pac:

Or to add a few more "We wanted to make sure that we frightened the bejaysus out of those annoying shouty youtubers with their sponsored VR headsets for publicity."

• Advertisement

I enjoyed Outlast but the jump scares lost their effect after a while. I'm sure this will have jump scares but I think it will rely more on atmospheric horror than anything. Like in the updated demo, I went into the Bathroom for the first time, had a look around for anything I could interact with but I checked the door 4 times in case something came in. Then I went and closed the door so I could explore in relative peace. I thought that was class as there was so much tension, I couldn't relax exploring 1 small room just because I left a door open.

Trophy list leaked. Trophy for completing the game in 4 hours. Not pushed about that anyway as Resi 1 could be done in under 3 and I'd never think of that as a short game.

Also 1 for completing the game without using the item box more than 3 times. That sounds like it could take a lot of thinking.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/resident-evil-vii/302731-trophy-list.html

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I enjoyed Outlast but the jump scares lost their effect after a while. I'm sure this will have jump scares but I think it will rely more on atmospheric horror than anything. Like in the updated demo, I went into the Bathroom for the first time, had a look around for anything I could interact with but I checked the door 4 times in case something came in. Then I went and closed the door so I could explore in relative peace. I thought that was class as there was so much tension, I couldn't relax exploring 1 small room just because I left a door open.

I appreciate some people love this type of game-play.
    For me, sometimes it's just rather exhausting. Especially if you want to sit down and chill out for the evening.
    Take for example Res Evil 2 is still scary to this day. I only completed another play-through a couple of months back. But it doesn't constantly have me on edge.
    Being an FPS makes it worse. Constantly freaked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's exactly what they're going for though, and I think they've nailed it. (judging by the demo alone)
    If they manage to keep up that sense of dread and fear throughout (obviously with peaks and troughs) then it'll be a hell of a game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Trophy list leaked. Trophy for completing the game in 4 hours. Not pushed about that anyway as Resi 1 could be done in under 3 and I'd never think of that as a short game.

Also 1 for completing the game without using the item box more than 3 times. That sounds like it could take a lot of thinking.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/resident-evil-vii/302731-trophy-list.html

Sounds like a pain in the ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

anybody know what argos price is gonna be?

biggebruv wrote: »
    anybody know what argos price is gonna be?

It's 45 pounds on the English site so probably 50 to 55 in Irish stores.

It's not that short a game I've seen it said it's 10-16 first time through and not that straight forward to do in 4 hours, in fact it will be impossible to do it in 4 on your first run as
    you need the speed run shoes that speed up movement
    to do it.

Must......not.......look..................at Spoilers.....

10- 15 hours sounds about right for this kind of game. Really looking forward to going into this blind.

Must......not.......look..................at Spoilers.....

10- 15 hours sounds about right for this kind of game. Really looking forward to going into this blind.

They aren't story related but I spoilered it anyway as I'm sure many won't want to know the how just yet. Just something I came across earlier when I saw it could be done in 4 and saw a post to dispel the hysteria around that.

Had a look, that sounds bizarre but at the same time clever for 2nd playthroughs

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Trying not to go too off-topic here but does anyone have any dealings with Simply Games? First time using them for my Resi pre-order and they were emailing me today asking to write them to verify my postal address. This normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

ripperman wrote: »
    Trying not to go too off-topic here but does anyone have any dealings with Simply Games? First time using them for my Resi pre-order and they were emailing me today asking to write them to verify my postal address. This normal?

I have never had this

are you a member or did you do guest checkout?
    could be something to do with that

don't expect your game on release day is all I will say you might get it Friday or Monday next week going by my past experiences with them

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

biggebruv wrote: »
    I have never had this

are you a member or did you do guest checkout?
    could be something to do with that

don't expect your game on release day is all I will say you might get it Friday or Monday next week going by my past experiences with them

I actually got an email from them just there saying that my billing address was slightly different to my postal address and just wanted me to confirm, which is fair enough.

Went with them this time because they had the best price but yeah I got the impression alright that I wouldn't get it release day. I won't be able to play it until next weekend anyway so I'm hoping it'll arrive next Friday!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Less than 24 hours to go! How many of you will be playing in VR?

• Advertisement

Review embargo is up at 4pm GMT I believe. Picking it up 1st thing in the morning, really looking forward to lashing into it tomorrow night. No VR for me though sadly, hopefully it wil be at Gamercon in March as I'm mad to try the VR with it.

• So best way to play this is with the lights on and the sound off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I only got my VR Friday gone. Had played the demo a few months ago normally but gave it a bash in VR. Holy **** was it good. Never felt panic like it before. Can't wait to get stuck into this. I'll be at Smyths tomorrow for opening hour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm, that eurogamer review has put me off quite a bit. One for the bargain bins for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

My copy arrived from The Game Collection today. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Getting it purely for PSVR, had very little interest until I played the first hour demo thing and that convinced me. Scared the crap out of me on more than one occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Anyone breaking street date in Dublin? Gamestop in the US are selling it tonight apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

good in depth review here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

If I were to buy an Xbox One key for this from CDKeys right now, does anyone know when I should expect to receive the code?

Advertisement