Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 7

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Impressed. The resolution can be a bit iffy in VR but doesn't detract from the sense of immersion (so far). Do need to take a break for a while though.

• Can somebody post the link to this in Argos
    I cant see it anywhere
    Xbox one not PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can somebody post the link to this in Argos
    I cant see it anywhere

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6512578.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Reserved one in Waterford on Xbox One but decided to get it on CD Keys to make my life easier. If anyone wants the code just shout.

• Anyone **** the bed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

I can't wait to get my copy now! So happy to see a Resident Evil game getting very good reviews again.

The Guardian gave it an impressive write-up.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jan/23/resident-evil-7-biohazard-review-a-masterclass-in-terror

Please be here by Friday Resi, please! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The one thing...the ONLY thing...that could make me buy on of them PS4 yokes.

Looks like I'm off to argos had planned on trading some games to gamestop but they had none left. Obviously just got pre-order stock and one or 2 additional copies in.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

People already are getting the Just Get Me Outta Here trophy, will be doing a speed run after after my first playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Damn, this game is great !

Nearly f'n soiled myself when you
    put the fuse in and head back upstairs and she grabs your hand
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I must officially be a wuss haha. Been shrieking and whimpering like a baby here. 3.5 hours in. That's it for the night, my nerves can't take anymore haha. This is what VR was made for.

SteoL wrote: »
    I must officially be a wuss haha. Been shrieking and whimpering like a baby here. 3.5 hours in. That's it for the night, my nerves can't take anymore haha. This is what VR was made for.

Love to see it in VR , on screen the initial combat so far feels very realistic in terms of visual feedback and the hacks of the axe or bullets landing. To me it feels quite graphic because of it , and I've played a lot of games and never one to sit up and take notice of on screen violence normally.

• Anyone with some feedback of the non vr version? As in scares :P
    Not going near this until I finish RE0 HD and Chris play through of RE1 HD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Any know if Tesco have any copies in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Anyone with some feedback of the non vr version? As in scares :P
    Not going near this until I finish RE0 HD and Chris play through of RE1 HD

A good few jump scares in it. The sound is the thing that makes it even more uneasy. Try play it with a headset.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A good few jump scares in it. The sound is the thing that makes it even more uneasy. Try play it with a headset.

Is the game just jump scares or are the mechanics actually good? I heard there's a dash of clock tower in there which is making me more curious to give it a try as well as what I heard the first boss battle is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

peejay1986 wrote: »

They don't sell games any more

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Is the game just jump scares or are the mechanics actually good? I heard there's a dash of clock tower in there which is making me more curious to give it a try as well as what I heard the first boss battle is!

I've had 3 of those so far in about 2/3 hours of play theres real apprehension after it happens the 1st time. The effectiveness of the weapons I have so far and the nature of the enemies has me on edge too like I said earlier how damage registers and is rendered on them is realistic enough for me to take notice of it.

It's got very familiar RE elements to it but I think it benefits from first person perspective.

I've done 2 of the vhs tapes and those were kind of cool. It's got very obvious nods to movies and other games. I won't list them for spoilers but one early on made me laugh and took me out of the survival horror buzz completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

peejay1986 wrote: »

Yeah Tesco Wexford did when I was in there earlier.

€64.99 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Picked it up in argos earlier for €54.99 and got a €5 gift card thing too.

• wexdevil wrote: »
    Picked it up in argos earlier for €54.99 and got a €5 gift card thing too.

It was 59.99 yesterday in Argos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

It was 59.99 yesterday in Argos :(

Thats what I was expecting to pay so it was a pleasant surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Always been a Resi fan.

I actually liked 6.

:/

Still have GTA V, Alien Isolation and FF15 to play through so this is one for the long finger.

I'd imagine it will price drop massively in a couple of months too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Want this so bad I'm gonna buy the cheapest PS4 I can find, play it through, then sell it straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

M!Ck^ wrote:
    It was 59.99 yesterday in Argos

I got it for €55 in Argos and got the ;€5 gift voucher
    Now to get a PS4

• Advertisement

Only got a small bit of playtime last night but straight away the atmosphere feels so heavy, really tense and it's brilliant. Shame on the amount of sites posting instant stream videos of end game unlockables on social media. Also the amount of YouTube videos with the thumbnail being an enemy or boss I haven't seen yet, aresholes.

I can only imagine how brilliant this is in VR.

Advertisement