Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Can you still download the demo? I remember I got it when it came out but since deleted it. I tried to re download it from my library but it wouldn't let me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How does it play as an FPS?

Class! Such a good fit for the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Just finished. Took me 2 minutes shy of 14 hours, got all files and all but 2 Mr Everywhere. My ending was ending 1 apparently (according to trophy received).
    Chris and Mia picked me up in an Umbrella helicopter

Played the entire game in VR and while a truly unique experience it wasn't without its faults. Will probably play again in normal mode to see it in full HD glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

SteoL wrote: »
    Just finished. Took me 2 minutes shy of 14 hours, got all files and all but 2 Mr Everywhere. My ending was the good ending apparently.
    Chris and Mia picked me up in an Umbrella helicopter

Played the entire game in VR and while a truly unique experience it wasn't without its faults. Will probably play again in normal mode to see it in full HD glory.

I started it in Medium. Im seriously stuck right after the boiler room fight.
    Start again tomorrow in easy :D

I've turned off HDR for a bit, to get a higher quality settings, but to be fair, game is best played in HDR. Everything is a lot more scary that way :D

• Well that was 3+ terrifying hours. I'm honestly shot to bits. And that's me playing with headset on hdr.
    Fair ****s to anyone playing that with a vr headset, I can hardly handle this.
    They have absolutely nailed it. I'm so surprised at capcom. In a good way of course.

• Advertisement

About 5.5 hours in, Capcom have done such a great job with this. The
    attic in Old House was creepy as ****
    . On my way to ,
    Lucas now. I wish he didn't sound like Scooter from Borderlands, hard to take him serious

Just finished my first run on normal. Clocked in at over 12 hours.

Over all I'd say I am very happy with it as a game. The scares wear off pretty early once you figure out how stuff works and are more concerned with conserving ammo and health supplies, I played on normal an even then it wasn't a problem the game normally throws stuff at you for impending unavoidable fights which is something a lot of games like this suffer from in that it telegraphs those fights.

I got ending #2 according to the achievement.
    a rather young looking Chris Redfield picks you up in a chopper
    I opted to
    give the antidote to zoe previously instead of mia
    so I suspect thats what determines the endings.

EDIT: The free Not a Hero dlc mentioned at the end after the credits has a picture of what I mentioned in spoilers above so playing as that person from the looks of it????

Are you gonna play again on Madhouse to get the other ending? I might do, want to get the few collectibles I missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,085 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Well that was 3+ terrifying hours. I'm honestly shot to bits. And that's me playing with headset on hdr.
    Fair ****s to anyone playing that with a vr headset, I can hardly handle this.
    They have absolutely nailed it. I'm so surprised at capcom. In a good way of course.

It can't be that bad can it? Haven't played a freaky game since Fatal Frame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Madhouse mode in insanely hard! I'm loving it so far. If I had it unlocked from the start I'd say I could be looking at a 25 hour playthrough.

• What's this about free dlc?? No spoilers please

• Advertisement

• emmetkenny wrote: »
    It can't be that bad can it? Haven't played a freaky game since Fatal Frame

It's not just jump scares.
    It's the sound that's the worst. Also the fact that you turn so slowly. There's another reason but can't say if you haven't played it as its a major spoiler.
    Missus walked in behind me at around 11pm last night, just as I got nailed with a jump scare. ****
    Had a headset on to make it worse.

Are you gonna play again on Madhouse to get the other ending? I might do, want to get the few collectibles I missed.

Not on this run, I stated again on easy as I missed 2 or 3 coins and files and they are different on mad house and they don't carry over you so need to get them all on one run. Collecting those gives other end game rewards. So I stared again on easy and while not 100% committing to it yet I do have the no more than 3 heals and 3 uses of the storage box achievements in mind. I want a particular item for the mad house run.

I hear the enemies are smarter on mad house. That could be good because once you work out how they operate on normal you really only need to deal with them if cornered or they block your path. Once you get used to closing doors behind you they become trivial.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What's this about free dlc?? No spoilers please

After the credits a screen appears with "Not a Hero - Free DLC coming spring 2017". Don't know anything else about it so can't spoil it :)
    Glad there is more to look forward to but I suppose that means I can't trade the game if I want to get it.

I accidentally found out last night that down and circle makes you instance turn around, game changer :D makes sense as it was in other games but never thought to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I've read the review which all seem positive but I'm looking for a more personal take on it:

Is the game worth 60-70 euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mr_Muffin wrote:

It's resi of course it is
    I got mine in Argos for 55 and got five Euro voucher back

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

brinty wrote: »

The past few REs were not worth paying full price for - hence why i asked.

55 is a good price - thanks for the heads-up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    I've read the review which all seem positive but I'm looking for a more personal take on it:

It's worth the 55 in Argos especially when cex give 45 cash for it when done.

Finished it late last night. Delighted that the series has returned to its roots after 5 and 6 (and some can argue 4).
    So it wasn't quite the game I expected. The demo and the first 3 hours were terrifying but the more you played, the more the scares came when you would expect. Apart from the family, the enemies were a little bland but you had to make sure that ammo was well stocked of they can easily take you. Didn't have as many puzzles as previous games but what was there was well done and I never felt frustrated and reached for a guide.

I'll definitely buy it again a few years down the road and play any DLC and another play through.

Very solid 8.5 for me, and if they can learn a few things, 8 could be outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mr_Muffin wrote:
    55 is a good price - thanks for the heads-up.

Was in buying a PS4 in smiths
    Was 55 there too

brinty wrote: »

If anyone is on the PC. It can be picked up for 31 yoyo's on CDKeys.

I got mine for 28 quid on the launch day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

My only complaint is American streamers pronouncing Zoe as Zo.

Just completed it, thoroughly enjoyed that, fair play capcom on taking the chance with survival horror again.

8 hours 49 mins on normal.

I gave Mia the cure, got rescued by 'Redfield' in an Umbrella helicopter with Mia surviving as well. One of the files I picked up in the game said this was set 16 years after the incident in Racoon City so surely that got was too young to be Chris and too old to be his kid or Claire's??

Why is he working for Umbrella?

As stated by others, the first few hours really shine with the actual survival horror and then it turns into either run or gun. Still, fantastic experience and gonna trade it while it still has good value.

I take it Lucas's story will be wrapped up in a dlc?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just completed it, thoroughly enjoyed that, fair play capcom on taking the chance with survival horror again.

8 hours 49 mins on normal.

I gave Mia the cure, got rescued by 'Redfield' in an Umbrella helicopter with Mia surviving as well. One of the files I picked up in the game said this was set 16 years after the incident in Racoon City so surely that got was too young to be Chris and too old to be his kid or Claire's??

Why is he working for Umbrella?

As stated by others, the first few hours really shine with the actual survival horror and then it turns into either run or gun. Still, fantastic experience and gonna trade it while it still has good value.

I take it Lucas's story will be wrapped up in a dlc?

For that ending did you spot
    Ethen's hand???? fully healed!!!!:eek: Mia did spew on him didn't she.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I've yet to get my big boy pants on and play this properly.

The first person is REALLY freaking me out.

Slightly OT but can't think of a better place to put this question and get replies:

I was considering getting RE4 remaster for the PS4 as I was impressed with the HD remaster of 1 (but couldn't really get into 0). Is 4 decent survival horror or is it more action based like the latter entries in the series?

For that ending did you spot
    Ethen's hand???? fully healed!!!!:eek: Mia did spew on him didn't she.

Ha, I missed that, Ethan's
    definitely goosed.
    Slightly OT but can't think of a better place to put this question and get replies:

I was considering getting RE4 remaster for the PS4 as I was impressed with the HD remaster of 1 (but couldn't really get into 0). Is 4 decent survival horror or is it more action based like the latter entries in the series?

Resi 4 is a great mix of survival horror and action. Resi 5 and 6 started leaning more towards the action side. I'd highly recommend playing 4.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ha, I missed that, Ethan's
    definitely goosed.

Resi 4 is a great mix of survival horror and action. Resi 5 and 6 started leaning more towards the action side. I'd highly recommend playing 4.

Sound, thanks. Survival horror is my favourite genre in gaming beginning with Silent Hill on the PS1. It saddens me that good atmospheric horror games are few and far between in this era of gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I used to love survival horror, or at least thought I did. Alien Isolation, Outlast and this thing frighten the life out of me. Can't enjoy them, just too intense.
    I'm a wimp

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I used to love survival horror, or at least thought I did. Alien Isolation, Outlast and this thing frighten the life out of me. Can't enjoy them, just too intense.
    I'm a wimp

Get someone to play with ya.
    Eases the tension when you have someone to hold on to :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

DLC gameplay being played right now if you want to check it out.

Advertisement