Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

is there a good cheaper way to get the season pass on psn?

cant get enough of this game but don't know about paying 30 Euros for the season pass

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

biggebruv wrote: »
    is there a good cheaper way to get the season pass?

cant get enough of this game but don't know about paying 30 Euros for the season pass

probably cheaper on the canadian or US store but will only be compatible with the disc version and not an irish store download.

• I'm not going to watch that video but from looking at the time 3 hours long to complete DLC 1?
    That's a fairly decent length

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

sweetie wrote: »
    probably cheaper on the canadian or US store but will only be compatible with the disc version and not an irish store download.

yes I do have the disk version bought over here if I bought it on the US /canandian store will I be able to play the DLC on my irish account?

just had a look its not worth the hassle only saving 2euros at most

will just buy on the irish store

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cex offering 49 cash for it, dropping it in during the week. The dlc looks alright but reeks of something that should have been an extra mode in the base game, especially releasing so soon. Things like that would have been a great addition to the shortish (but just right) story but not as dlc.

• Advertisement

• Need some help with a boss (At least I think it's a boss)
    It's yer wan the moves around like a spider, she initially jump scares you on the stairs and she can move from floor to floor.
    Do I just keep shooting her or what, must have put about 10 rounds of the shotgun into her but keep dying

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Need some help with a boss (At least I think it's a boss)
    It's yer wan the moves around like a spider, she initially jump scares you on the stairs and she can move from floor to floor.
    Do I just keep shooting her or what, must have put about 10 rounds of the shotgun into her but keep dying
    Yeah, she ate all my burner fuel and shotgun bullets, pistol finished her off. She will go to a wall and lay a nest at some points, go for her weak point......between her legs....

• Cheers zero-cool, will give that a go this evening
    I'd probably class it as a first minor negative in the game although it still is scary as ****

Cheers zero-cool, will give that a go this evening
    I'd probably class it as a minor negative in the game thus far although it still is scary as ****

Cool goodluck man, also, there are a load of bullets and health lying around on both floors. If you go upstairs, you can drop down to another section of the house to look for supplies as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Cheers zero-cool, will give that a go this evening
    I'd probably class it as a first minor negative in the game although it still is scary as ****

You mean you won't be watching the United match M!Ck^
    I got my eyes on you mate ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Haven't played a Resident Evil since number 4 but picked this up on the PC the other day and I'm really enjoying it. Has me on edge all the time and I'm still only about 3 hours in.
    Just finished the Jack chainshaw fight - took me a few tries!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My housemate got the PSVR

Tried out "The Kitchen".

F**K OFF NO WAY AM I PLAYING THE FULL GAME LIKE THAT

• brinty wrote: »
    You mean you won't be watching the United match M!Ck^
    I got my eyes on you mate ;)

Match not till 7.45 ;)

*Should have kept playing it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Match not till 7.45 ;)

*Should have kept playing it :mad:

Too right you should

Could've been worse mate, stuck in work til 10 and following it on BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Near the end of this now, probably only about an hour left. Did anyone else feel like it fell a little bit flat towards the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Near the end of this now, probably only about an hour left. Did anyone else feel like it fell a little bit flat towards the end?

First half is Better than second imo. but still all round a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Would you need to have played the previous games to know what's going on? Are the storylines linked at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Oblivoid

Redo91 wrote: »
    Would you need to have played the previous games to know what's going on? Are the storylines linked at all?

You don't have to have played the previous games, though I'd really recommend at least having a go of RE2, 4 and the remake of RE1.

But no, 7 being your first doesn't make much of a difference. Apart from the first person view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Oblivoid wrote: »
    You don't have to have played the previous games, though I'd really recommend at least having a go of RE2, 4 and the remake of RE1.

But no, 7 being your first doesn't make much of a difference. Apart from the first person view.

I know I've seriously missed out in not playing previous games. A friend of mine had Resi 4 and I loved the bits I played of it. I've such a backlog of games to get through I don't think I'll get the chance to play any of the older ones properly. In saying that I'm a stickler for wanting to play previous games where the storyline is linked as I don't want to just read up on it. Just said I'd ask he question and it doesn't sound like there's a link at all.

Thanks for the reply. So am I right in saying there wouldn't even be any olde characters appearing?

Redo91 wrote: »
    I know I've seriously missed out in not playing previous games. A friend of mine had Resi 4 and I loved the bits I played of it. I've such a backlog of games to get through I don't think I'll get the chance to play any of the older ones properly. In saying that I'm a stickler for wanting to play previous games where the storyline is linked as I don't want to just read up on it. Just said I'd ask he question and it doesn't sound like there's a link at all.

Thanks for the reply. So am I right in saying there wouldn't even be any olde characters appearing?

No old characters from what I can tell so far. Though I'm only about halfway through the game, so there could be yet. There are nods to the previous games alright, but if you don't know what to look for then you probably won't notice them. It's fairly stand-alone as it's a soft re-boot of the series.

Though I wouldn't pay any heed to RE 5 or 6, unless you want to turn yourself off the series altogether. Ha ha. You're better off googling what happened in those games than subjecting yourself to that crap. Ok, 5 isn't awful. But it's a bad RE. 6 has its charm too, in a way. But it's still the weakest of the numbered RE games. You'd have to really love the series to get anything out of that one. Do absolutely have a shot of 1, 2 and 4 if you get a chance though.

• Advertisement

• I find it increasingly ****ty that Capcom has all these modes behind a Paywall.
    Difficulty modes? Piss off
    Did the same thing with Dead Rising 4 apprently
    Friday Rant

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Finally !! on my 15th attempt.

LLYdMmC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Just finished it there, all in all I have to say I loved it, this is easily the best thing they've done since RE4. A little confused by the ending I got, seems to be some weird goings on at play.

The DLC seems reasonable at a tenner, may give it a spin over the weekend.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Really don't like when people say this. I'm a huge RE-Fan and have pumped nearly 700hrs into RE6, fully admitting with every hour that it was a TERRIBLE "RESIDENT EVIL", but not a terrible game. Having said that, the thing(s) that kept me playing RE4/5/6 so much despite greatly preferring the older games was the bonus content, which Capcom typically do a good job of when it comes to RE. Specifically Mercenaries modes, which are hella-hella fun and still played VERY competitively to this day, especially 5-6. I still look back on my old spat with an old-friend pushing for world records in RE6, or the endless joy of melee in RE5, especially Gold Edition, which I bought without hesitation on Steam despite how late, late, late, late, late it was arriving for us PC users.

Here's an old vid of an old world record Nesbiandce and myself got back in the day (his PoV ie. not my video -- I'm the Leon player getting my ass handed to me), the guy was a lunatic in Mercenaries and was/is the best in the world at the time. It was a terrible Resident Evil but a good shooter, and Mercenaries is basically a mode that puts all emphasis into it, no QTE drivel, no Hollywood Blockbuster cheese, just trying to survive a cluster-f00k and get the highest score possible along the way.

People who haven't played it will just see two people in co-op going ham, but it's ridiculously tactical (he had to plot when and where to be to handle certain spawning enemies while I had to work on timers - big scores come from grenade-tricks that are very hard to do when 10 on-screen mobs are rushing for your jugular), all the while trying to adapt and adopt a lot of quality of life tactics and routes to make life easier for both players - the whole thing is a tense and tactical experience that is super hard to master, but people are still doing it, and it's not like you can't enjoy it when you don't care about high-scores. It's just as much fun to boot up for the sake of punching zombies in the mouth without a care for timers/scores.

I hope we can say the same for RE7's DLC but it being delayed by weeks for 'exclusivity' is very annoying, and I have a feeling most of it will be very small content with limited replayability.

Back to the main topic, RE7:
    Thoroughly enjoyed it and, thankfully, the Madhouse difficulty swaps items AND monster-placement around so the whole experience feels very different. Everything is faster/harder to kill and you'll be in for some unpleasant surprises, so that makes it refreshing compared to just upping damage/health on enemies and calling it 'harder'.

Thus far I've seen both endings and am about 20% through a Madhouse playthrough which had many surprises very early. As a not-overly-spoilery example, in normal: after your first boss-fight you won't encounter Jack until you reach a specific point in the house that triggers a mini-cutscene. In Madhouse, you don't even get that - Jack will start persuing you not long afterwards and will even chase you through areas you previously assumed would be 'safe' // he never ventured to before. Unlike normal, I thought once he was defeated, I'd have free-roam until I got that above mentioned cut-scene, only to enter the hall-way, start checking out the new birdcages with new items on the table, turn around on hearing a sound and wham, there was Jack, chasing me with his damn Axe long before the previous trigger event SHOULD have spawned him. Molded also make a lot more appearances before you enter 'that' place, and even show up in the old-house in unexpected areas. I suffered at least two heart-attacks thanks to these new encounters and thoroughly expect many more along the way.

Unfortunately, there's not much anyone can say here that doesn't give things away - let's just resort to "Wait and see". There is also an in-game reference to the Racoon City incident which puts to bed any theories on RE7 being a prequel (assuming the fact that this takes place in 2016 doesn't reassure you by itself).

Righty-o.

I don't and have never really cared for the whole online/multiplayer/mercenaries aspect to RE or in games in general. I barely tolerate Dark Souls.

If the only great thing about an RE is the Mercenaries mode then it's a bad RE, as far as I'm concerned. I only care if the story/offline single player campaign is good. Though if the Mercenaries is as good as you say then I can only take your word for it.

RE5 and it's Sheva A.I. can feck right off as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The thing that kinda irks me is that people act like RE5 and RE6 (in particular) were massive flops. They weren't, they head and shoulders outsold RE1, 2, 3 and 4. They're Capcom's best selling Resident Evil games - in fact I think Resident Evil 7 so far, while selling very well, isn't actually selling as well as Resident Evil 5 or 6 did.

Capcom need to be commended because they took a long hard look at the long-standing fan base, and the critics, and paid attention to how unhappy many of them were with the direction the franchise was going, and scrapped the previously hugely commercially successful direction in favor of delivering a strong Resident Evil 7 they could be proud of.

Personally, Resident Evil 5 by far my favorite RE game, I thought 6 was actually quite good in it's own way, though it's a world apart from the spirit of the original games. It was a huge game though. I think between all the campaigns and brilliant mercenaries mode I put about 200 hours into it.

It might not be every franchise fan's idea of a good RE game, but equally as a RE and general gaming fan, I liked it a lot, and so did millions of others.

5 in particular but also 6 are amazing in co-op.

Playing Revelations 2 right now and it's decent enough as well. Once I finish that I'll look at 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

The thing that kinda irks me is that people act like RE5 and RE6 (in particular) were massive flops. They weren't, they head and shoulders outsold RE1, 2, 3 and 4. They're Capcom's best selling Resident Evil games - in fact I think Resident Evil 7 so far, while selling very well, isn't actually selling as well as Resident Evil 5 or 6 did.

Capcom need to be commended because they took a long hard look at the long-standing fan base, and the critics, and paid attention to how unhappy many of them were with the direction the franchise was going, and scrapped the previously hugely commercially successful direction in favor of delivering a strong Resident Evil 7 they could be proud of.

Personally, Resident Evil 5 by far my favorite RE game, I thought 6 was actually quite good in it's own way, though it's a world apart from the spirit of the original games. It was a huge game though. I think between all the campaigns and brilliant mercenaries mode I put about 200 hours into it.

It might not be every franchise fan's idea of a good RE game, but equally as a RE and general gaming fan, I liked it a lot, and so did millions of others.

Playing Revelations 2 right now and it's decent enough as well. Once I finish that I'll look at 7.

Is revelations horror or action? I've been considering getting that for a while. I'm currently waiting on RE4 but Amazon are taking their time sending it so looking for something to play in the meantime, revelations is somewhat of a mystery to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,085 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I loved RE5. Nemises was my favourite though as I was a bit young to play 2 when I did play it and terrified myself :pac:

Anyone having issues with the banned footage dlc? I downloaded it from ps store and installed but nothing is showing up in the game. I have the latest update installed as well but still this content is nowhere to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

fcuking amazon and ascendia, still not arrived, useless....

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    fcuking amazon and ascendia, still not arrived, useless....

Ahhh ffs no way, how in the name of god are they still using Ascendia to ship games here? I had 3 in a row go missing before I stopped using them and thats 2 years ago. There was some conspiracy theories over on the online buying forum a while back regarding VAT and some other stuff.

On the bright side they won't fight you for a refund.

Advertisement