Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Customer Care!!!

Options
  • 15-06-2016 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

I have been trying to get through to CC customer care for 3 days. I have been on hold for a min of 20 mins each time and no answer. I always get the automated warning about long wait times!!! I have tried at several different times, mornings, afternoon and evenings and nothing matters.
    The option im picking is to close my account, is this a reason for the long wait? I bank with another bank also and never have had to wait no than 2 mins. They also have free phone numbers!!
    Is there a quicker way to close my account? Its fully paid up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

jod1983 wrote: »
    I have been trying to get through to CC customer care for 3 days. I have been on hold for a min of 20 mins each time and no answer. I always get the automated warning about long wait times!!! I have tried at several different times, mornings, afternoon and evenings and nothing matters.
    The option im picking is to close my account, is this a reason for the long wait? I bank with another bank also and never have had to wait no than 2 mins. They also have free phone numbers!!
    Is there a quicker way to close my account? Its fully paid up.
    Hi jod1983, thanks for getting in touch and I’m very sorry to hear about the difficulties that you've had trying to contact our credit card team.

You can also send a request to close your account to your local Bank of Ireland branch, please include your name, a contact telephone number as well as the account number.

Contact details for our branches can be found here. Apologies again and please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement