Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Carrier Update for Iphone (June 2016)

Options
  • 15-06-2016 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what changes the carrier update they are pushing this week updates?
    Its normally harmless stuff - like Last time it changed the "O2" Logo to "3" -
    but just curious if anyone has any info on what changes it will make before I accept it.

There are still some carier inserted menus deep in the settings on my phone ("O2 Sim Backup", "Check Balance" apps etc.) maybe it will rename these?

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

ozmo wrote: »
    but just curious if anyone has any info on what changes it will make before I accept it.

There are still some carier inserted menus deep in the settings on my phone ("O2 Sim Backup", "Check Balance" apps etc.) maybe it will rename these?

My Logo changed from "3" to "3 IRL"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

It's possibly something to do with the ongoing merger of the two networks into a single one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Rambo wrote: »
    ozmo wrote: »

My Logo changed from "3" to "3 IRL"
    This happens regularly anyways - when it moves to the old Three network for stronger 3G coverage etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Just a followup if anyone is interested..

if you received your carrier update via ITunes you may find the update file in this location on your pc...

%AppData%\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Carrier Support

I found an file called "O2_ie_iPhone.ipcc" - didnt find the 3IRL one there - that must have come this time over the air rather than through itunes.

Its really a zip file - renaming and unzipping it I got a load of setting changing files of most interest was a file called "carrier.plist"
    This is I believe a Macintosh config file- you need a plist viewer to open it - there are free ones out there.

Once opened in the viewer - I can see a plain text file with all the settings that got changed... MMS information, Custom Menus that get added by the carrier, Logos, Bluetooth tethering max connections settings etc. I don't think you can change anything, view only as there is a checksum at the end of the file.

“Roll it back”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

Do Three still stay stuck on 2G and Edge and fail to revert to 3G when your in a rural area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Do Three still stay stuck on 2G and Edge and fail to revert to 3G when your in a rural area?

I saw 4G for the first time ever today... for a very short time...

“Roll it back”

Advertisement