Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Red Dead 2 at E3:(

Options
  • 15-06-2016 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Well I have not heard nor seen sight nor sound of it any way? I thought Rockstar were meant to be there "in a big way"? Le tears

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Well I have not heard nor seen sight nor sound of it any way? I thought Rockstar were meant to be there "in a big way"? Le tears

There's rumours that it was pulled at the last minute due to the content of the trailer in the wake of the Orlanda shooting and there wasn't time to re-edit. That's what I read over on the E3 thread but I don't know how true it is. It sounds plausible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

There's rumours that it was pulled at the last minute due to the content of the trailer in the wake of the Orlanda shooting and there wasn't time to re-edit. That's what I read over on the E3 thread but I don't know how true it is. It sounds plausible though.

This seems to be true.. that live play of that Generic PS4 Zombie game looked very tacked on to the end of the Conference,seeing as they introduced the game in the first 10mins..

I say fair play to them for pulling it,its a big decision but the correct one as you dont want the first time people see your new game to be associated with something that horrific..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The "big way" comment originally came from an interview with Take Two CEO Strauss Zelnick for MCV back in February. He was referring to their entire stable of studios but somewhere along the line that became attributed to Rockstar.

The publisher themselves haven't actually shown that much though, we've had a Mafia III trailer, Civ IV being shown off behind closed doors and some news on upcoming sports titles but so far nothing really big whether it was from Rockstar or even third party from the likes of Gearbox.

It does seem a bit strange that they'd pull it though, especially since none of the other publishers or platform holders excised any titles or footage from their presentations. There's always TGS I guess. :)

gizmo wrote: »
    The "big way" comment originally came from an interview with Take Two CEO Strauss Zelnick for MCV There's always TGS I guess. :)

They May just do a livestream launch on youtube or twitch aswell..I reckon rediting a trailer may only take a few days..

But you are probably right..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

bigphil2 wrote: »
    This seems to be true.. that live play of that Generic PS4 Zombie game looked very tacked on to the end of the Conference,seeing as they introduced the game in the first 10mins..

If it was pulled for that reason, it would have been much worse to show a guy go mad with machine gun on a huge crowd (even if they were zombies). Hopefully we still get some word of it soon though.

• Advertisement

Sony Presser is denying this but i reckon that is just being decent to Days Gone..
    That Gameplay section was totally tacked on last minute.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/06/15/report-red-dead-redemption-2-pulled-from-e3/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought rockstar didn't do E3 Anyway?

They dont do their own conference but Take-Two Interactive have announced games at E3 before..

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

bigphil2 wrote: »
    They dont do their own conference but Take-Two Interactive have announced games at E3 before..

I wouldn't put too much faith what Take-Two have to say at the moment. Every time I tried looking up any new info over the past year from Rockstar about a new IP or RDR2 I usually only found a news article from Take-Two informing us how much MONEY there making from GTA Online or how much their share prices are skyrocketing at the moment thanks to GTA.

This is a quote I got from an article a while ago "Take-Two Interactive did announce some time ago that the publisher would be present at the expo in a “major way“. This was later followed by a comment to investors that Rockstar was working on multiple “exciting” projects which would soon be revealed"

It could well be another ploy to jump up the markets again to gain some interest but... I'm always optimistic! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Rumor has it it will be released in Semptember, 2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Doodleking wrote: »
    Rumor has it it will be released in Semptember, 2017

Yet..... you post no source or anything to back that up

Any more one-liners or pointless bumps to old threads?

Advertisement