Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tyres- Drogheda area

Options
  • 15-06-2016 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Need 4 new tyres for my 2008 e90 bmw 3 series. Gulp!

Any recommendations on where to go in Drogheda area? I'm not looking for run-flats as moved off them some time ago and it makes a great difference to comfort and fuel economy.

Looking for new as opposed to part-worn.

Grateful for any recommendations as to where to go, brand, price etc. Can travel further if worth it.

Thanks!!

Comments

No idea what their pricing will be like, but I have had tyres changed on my car/s in a few places over the years.

At the moment I'm sticking with the lads in the Duleek Business Park. As it stands, they're the only ones who haven't yet managed to scratch or scuff my alloys in some form or another. So that's a win for them, in my book. They're also pretty sound chaps, which helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TMM12

I use the place at top of Mary Street opposite Mullens. I could be wrong but think they are same company as one in Duleek? The Tyre Company?
    Only ever got part-worn off them but always great service & good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

McManus Tyres Dundalk. Very good prices and good selection of tyres.

http://www.mcmanustyres.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

No idea what their pricing will be like, but I have had tyres changed on my car/s in a few places over the years.

At the moment I'm sticking with the lads in the Duleek Business Park. As it stands, they're the only ones who haven't yet managed to scratch or scuff my alloys in some form or another. So that's a win for them, in my book. They're also pretty sound chaps, which helps.

+1

MAC Tyres they're called.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TMM12

Scotty # wrote: »
    +1

MAC Tyres they're called.

Are MACT Tyres not in Newgrange Business Park on Donore Rd? The lads out in Duleek are the Tyre Company I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

TMM12 wrote: »
    Are MACT Tyres not in Newgrange Business Park on Donore Rd? The lads out in Duleek are the Tyre Company I think.
    Apologies, you are correct.

It's MAC Tyres I always use and find them very good to the point that if they are not competitive on a particular brand/size they will tell you who is and send you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I've only ever used McManus and they're always fairly busy so I take that as a good sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I went to McManus Tyres on Saturday as I was in Dundalk.

Great service and excellent selection of tyres at various prices. They were the only supplier who asked me what mileage I do per annum before recommending the various options to me.

I would go back.

Advertisement