Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbours Cats attacking dog

• 15-06-2016 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

We have a small puppy who plays out in the back garden. Generally always someone with him or at least in the kitchen to keep an eye on him. Our neighbour has 2 cats that are out most of the day and they keep coming into the garden and try attack him as soon as we go back into the house. Not really sure what to do about it. When the dog gets bigger he'll be fine but right now he's too small.
    Should I say something to my neighbour? Not much she can do though as cats are generally pretty wild.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

are they coming in over the fence or through a hole or just walking in, if you could block how the cats get in they might just go somewhere else. Or if they have a spot they like to sit put something there and hope they find somewhere nicer to go. also just generally shooing them away when you see them in the garden, they'll eventually go where it's less hassle for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Are they attacking him or trying to play with him?

Cats are territorial so maybe he is in what they believed to be their territory?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

they are coming in over the wall. Before we got the dog we had terrible trouble keeping them out as they kept ****ting in our flower beds. We put down stuff to keep them out but it only lasted a while. They are definitely trying to attack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Not odd at all. I had a pet cat attack my adult Border Terrier a few weeks ago. My dog would have killed it had I not had him on his lead.

To the OP just make sure you always supervise your puppy & hopefully when he gets bigger it won't be a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

thanks, I figured as much but just thought I'd ask in case anyone had any ideas. I'll just continue to keep an eye on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Get yourself a super-soaker water pistol, and soak the cats every time they come into your garden. It might take a while, but they'll decide it's no longer a nice place to hang out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

was just going to say get a water gun and spray them everytime you see them coming into the garden or on the wall..they will soon get tired of it...

Advertisement